Native OSP Scenes Native Scene Replacement Pack - [Added Bariyye 30.12.2018]

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks.

In other news, I have finally fixed the issue of low performance in forests for the Improved Battle Scenes pack. Now, the forest battles run very smooth with o problem whatsoever. Also, the strange behavior of troops going uphill on some maps has been fixed too. If you have already installed the battles pack, just re-download and replace the old .sco files with the new ones.

The solution was to simply create AI meshes for all the maps, so the download is a bit bigger this time.

The Bowman said:
Thanks.

In other news, I have finally fixed the issue of low performance in forests for the Improved Battle Scenes pack. Now, the forest battles run very smooth with o problem whatsoever. Also, the strange behavior of troops going uphill on some maps has been fixed too. If you have already installed the battles pack, just re-download and replace the old .sco files with the new ones.

The solution was to simply create AI meshes for all the maps, so the download is a bit bigger this time.

Thanks for the awesome Town Pack.

I downloaded your Improved Battle Scenes pack, but don't know how to do with the scenes.txt file since there are more .sco files than the vanilla's and I don't really understand how the codes work.

Could it be copy, for example, this section...

scn_random_scene_desert random_scene_desert 1792 none none 0.000000 0.000000 240.000000 240.000000 -0.500000 0x0000000229602800000691a400003efe00004b34000059be
outer_terrain_desert_b

... paste it 9 more times and replace 'scn_random_scene_desert' and 'random_scene_desert' with 'scn_random_scene_desert_custom_1' and 'random_scene_desert_custom_1' ect. respectively?

I don't recommend doing it with the .txt files. I have provided a .py guide, which is essentially safer to do.
Note: If you decide to install via the ModuleSystem, you will also need to install the towns by using this method too, because the ModuleSystem compiler will overwrite the .txt files.

This is awesome, really great mod, big thanks
In my opinion it looks a bit like Oblivion
Can i use your city scenes in my mod? it is not presented yet on TaleWorlds forum (crusaderdiplomacy)
Можно ли к вам обращаться на русском?

Hello everyone,

First of all, I guess I'll have to bring some not so bright news on this project. I've been unable to work too much on it, and I'm about to get a job very soon; then, staring with October, I'll also be filling my free time in the weekend with my master program. As you may expect, I cannot work on this anymore. To me, it was pretty obvious that some real life priorities would take over at some point, and that time has come. :smile:

Nevertheless, if there are some experienced sceners that wish for this to be continued, feel free to contribute with additions. In particular, Ruthven's work on Khergits was pretty impressive, and if was for more contributions like these to be made, then I don't see the reason why this can't move on with the help of some talented input.

For that exact purpose, I'll share some of the work I've been doing all this time:
Here's an advanced WIP of Ahmerrad. It already looks pretty good, and has most elements in place. It just needs to be filled with some spicy details and AI meshed.
https://files.fm/f/9cmr2sjt

I've been working on castles too. Here is a completely finished and ready to use Nord castle package. The layout of the castles look very similar to the original versions (with some exceptions for very old and ugly castles), but vast improvements have been made to the terrain, details and AI meshes. In fact, it was almost as making a new scene from the ground up. The whole process implied the scene being stripped down of all its flora, terrain and ground paint and all the other details, except for the walls and buildings. After that, the terrain was re-modeled and details added again as I felt necessary. The result is a very beautiful and immersive overhaul of the old scenes. They don't feel empty anymore, the terrain is very realistic and got roads that actually lead somewhere. Functionality-wise, the AI meshes have been re-done too and the AI is less likely to get stuck. Defender and attacker entry points have been re-arranged for more effectiveness, and my method of improving the defender AI has been applied to all the affected castles. Castles that use siege towers have siege shields for the spawning attackers. The terrain codes have been altered, so make sure to copy them too (I've changed the flora types).
https://files.fm/f/sr585rk7

Yep, this is the thread I refer to when I try to explain a new scener what his scenework should strive to look like  :smile:

Amazing stuff as usual.

Hi, nice work but I'm having one issue with encounters. When I meet an NPC on the world map and it enters dialogue the NPC is on the other side of the scene so the camera has to travel from one side of the map to the other. Plus night time encounter dialogue is set in daytime.

I'm only using the Improved Battle Scenes and followed the install instructions to the letter... twice, just in case and I have the latest version of diplomacy (1.173) with lots of mods added. I'm familiar with the module system but this issue has me conflustered.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I got a warning about a reply while I was typing  :razz:

I was editing my comment to say
* I've fixed the issue so I'll post here for anyone with the same.
The instructions state:
"3. In module_scripts.py, find this code:
      (party_get_current_terrain, ":terrain_type", "p_main_party"),
      (assign, ":scene_to_use", "scn_random_scene"),
      (try_begin),
4. Copy all the codes provided by this pack for module_scripts.py and paste them immedialely after the code written above."
The thing is there are TWO lines of code with the "party_get_current_terrain......" one for "get_meeting_scene" and one for "setup_random_scene".
The codes need to be placed in "setup_random_scene", not the meeting scene.

Anyways cheers for a great mod (and the quick response)... now all I need is an army worthy of the bigger battlefields  :iamamoron:

Just to let you know, I have added Bariyye. Maybe it's not much, but formally, it means that 4 kingdoms have had their towns overhauled.

You can check the ModDB page for the download link.

Edit: Adjusted the battle scenes. Now the spawn points are further away from the map borders. This avoids some funny situations and makes the encounters less tedious.

Back
Top Bottom