Native Expansion Mod (Old Topic, Wealth of Old Info)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this mod is larger than quite a few of the ones that have them already.  So it's probably not a bad idea.

It's larger than a lot of others, and it's actually up to date, being actively worked on, and functional.  Ergo, it should be viable to get your own board.

Please excuse me if this has been asked before. Will this mod affect the rest of the mods such as Native Improved Mod by Cremo? I'm really keen to try this out on the 1.010 version but concern about wrecking my previuos games.
Merc, I'm impressed from what I've read and respect you for taking time off from your exams (hope there's no adverse impact) to create a monster of a mod.  :grin:

Eastern Archer said:
Please excuse me if this has been asked before. Will this mod affect the rest of the mods such as Native Improved Mod by Cremo? I'm really keen to try this out on the 1.010 version but concern about wrecking my previuos games.
Merc, I'm impressed from what I've read and respect you for taking time off from your exams (hope there's no adverse impact) to create a monster of a mod.  :grin:

This mod affects most files.  It can be combined with other mods, but just copying files will probably break one or both mods.  This mod adds a few variables for the formation stuff as well which means it'll break most save games.  Even save games from this mod from a version before the most recent as of this posting.

Looking at Improved it would take a lot to combine these.  Improved focuses on weight limits with horses, etc.  Expansion creates entirely new units and doesn't worry about weights for horse types.  It would require doing a lot of rebalancing and a lot of work.  To put it simply, these two mods would take a lot of work to merge.

Eastern Archer said:
Thnx Jinnai. That was fast and informative. Looks like I have to make a choice and a tough one too.  :???:

If you really wanted to play with both, there are two files in Improved you need.  item_kinds1.txt and troops.txt.  You'd have to merge them by hand, but basically overwrite all the entries in the Expansion's version of those files with their versions in Improved.  Then you would have to go back into troops.txt and put all the upgrade paths back in.  But this would only set Improved's restrictions on the units in Native, and the ones added by The Mercenary would be rather unbalanced as a result.  You would have to edit those in a similar fashion by yourself.  It could be done.  It would just take quite a bit of effort.

Jinnai said:
Eastern Archer said:
Thnx Jinnai. That was fast and informative. Looks like I have to make a choice and a tough one too.  :???:

If you really wanted to play with both, there are two files in Improved you need.  item_kinds1.txt and troops.txt.  You'd have to merge them by hand, but basically overwrite all the entries in the Expansion's version of those files with their versions in Improved.  Then you would have to go back into troops.txt and put all the upgrade paths back in.  But this would only set Improved's restrictions on the units in Native, and the ones added by The Mercenary would be rather unbalanced as a result.  You would have to edit those in a similar fashion by yourself.  It could be done.  It would just take quite a bit of effort.

Once again Jinnai thnx for the advice.  I supposed I'd have to be patient and complete or give up playiing Improved Mod first before venturing to Expansion Mod. Whichever the case I'm sure I'll be enjoying both mods. Btw, I'm glad to have signed up yesterday to be able to participate in this forum. Nice to meet you and happy gaming.  :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom