Sigi1381494
Watly1759912
Yoshie2633493
BANNER
F7310D36-24E2-4FEB-9FFC-40A033EEF57B.jpeg

we’re winning 6.27.19
- king heat ❌✍?✍?✍?✍?✍?✍?✍?

that my dude Jay Critch?  epik

I don't see this tournament making it past 2 weeks if the settings are fastest, ft4, 1200 gold, 3:30+ minutes/seconds timer, along with terrible maps (legacy plains, random plains, etc) and with an admin team that's easily manipulated. What's the point of playing if the admin team doesn't want to have a competitive format of a tournament, but "just for fun! no serious!" I'll just play something else worth my time lol

There's a reason why those aren't the settings anymore, such as timer. If you say "extra time so there can be skirmishes!" I think you have low IQ, sorry. I can literally go back and watch streams of top level matches, where people just stand around in the beginning until flag spawns. I'm not talking about those GK, Dof, PoN matches where you have bots roaming around with no idea on what they're doing, and then getting couched or headshot in 10 seconds. Those aren't "skirmishes," those are just idiots dying. Also, if you can't do your drops fast, you're awful, either at clicking buttons or giving players simple tasks. You shouldn't be given a cushion.

I counted the amount of "old players" that "came back" for this tournament. It didn't even make past 9. You can go ahead and act as if everyone will play under your settings and they can't do anything about it, but it's not like that. People barely want to play with these settings. I can see 3+ teams already on the verge of dropping out. If you believe something else, you're delusional. You can continue to privately discuss the settings and stray further away from the current standard settings, but you're gonna have to deal with a tournament with only 3 teams.

This tournament was supposed to rekindle the last flames of NA warband. It was literally dead 2017-18. I didn't even play, and that's saying something. Roberta's pickups, along with Mynes' (And those EU devs/admins) role in introducing NA servers for MM, fueled a small revival. Those two, can be seen as tools used to stimulate the scene. But the stimulation obviously isn't holding up on its own. In the past 2 months NA has peaked in population for a short bit, and it's currently crashing down back to what it has been. What's needed to keep that stimulation of populace? A tournament. A tournament would be something that players look forward to. It's the reason why people practice on MM and pickups. However, NASL couldn't do it. Most of those captains weren't up to the task. This tournament was designed to be shorter to satisfy NA's ADHD (as in, a region's ability to dedicate themselves for a couple weeks for a tournament.) along with removing the factor of a "Scrambled Team" because that obviously didn't work (Didn't give some captains motivation to dedicate themselves to a scrambled team). That being said, we can deduct something from NASL: It did in fact keep the NA community relatively active while it was played.

My point is, this upcoming tournament has a lot more than you think, on its shoulders. The previous "NA tournament" failed, and IMO put a dent in the re-growth of the NA community. As an admin team, doing something for your own sakes, instead of the sake of the current community and newer players, will put the NA scene back into how it was in 2017. The lowest bar was Whalefish's 5v5, and you don't want to meet that. Also, don't try to turn this argument around and try to call me selfish. I know that some old players want to change the standard settings to meet their personal agendas. If you use the argument, "I'm only coming back because of fastest," etc, I think it sounds like you're holding the tournament hostage. The current players signed up only knowing that it'd be fastest, 1200g, on the current competitive maps along with a timer that doesn't extend matches to 1 and half+ hours. IMO you're ****ting on the previous admin teams. You know, the ones that created fun, serious, and competitive tournaments such as WPL, and other tournaments in the past few years that brought the skill level and competition of NA forward.

Then again, you give someone an inch, and they'll take a mile.

inb4noonereadsdis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom