OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Transitional Armour Pack (Updated 07/19/10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Narf of Picklestink said:
I guess some of you might have expected me to do this one eventually.  It's pretty much a must-have for any pack containing Rus items, I think.

Still ironing out some of the finer details, but overall it's about done.  And I think now maybe I'll actually start on an armour, if I can finally decide which one to do.
Beautifull and realistic, excelent work Narf!

Great work Narf!

It's just me or color of mail on the armor does not match perfectly color of mail on the helmet ? I like the one on the armor more myself.

Do you plan to do some XII/XIII. century armors and helmets ? I'd love to see proper Mail armor with Heraldic Surcoats that fit seamlessly with integral coifs or round aventails or square aventails or padded ring over neck (...). Or st.Maurice coat of plates (or armored surcoat?). Or good heraldic surcoat over padding.

Honestly Narf, I will never understand why you haven't had a title bestowed upon you by the moderators of this forum. This is by far some of the best work in our community, and we're all glad you're doing it. Are you going to continue working on eastern stuff? I'd love to see some 12th-14th century Byzantine armor worked in along with the Rus and Turkish armors.

Hello Narf,

Your work indeed looks amazing - and I'd love to add this to my Native!
Sadly I'm not really familiar with the module system.

Would you mind uploading a properly edited item_kinds1.txt including the necessary alterations?
It would be much appreciated!  :smile:
Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Cèsar de Quart said:
Narf, this just came from the bottom of my heart: this is mind blowing.

You're really talented at this. Keep it up, you're doing a great, enormously great job!

That's really very kind of you!  :grin:

Of course I'll keep it up, though I think I might slow down a bit.  I've been letting my guitar chops get rusty lately, so I need to divert more of my 3d-art time to that.  That's really my first love (and it pays, though poorly), whereas this is more of a new-found hobby.  One I really, really enjoy, but still- I've already invested 18 years in the guitar, so...

Not to worry, though, I am working on the Kuyak, and I'll do a couple more Rus helms, then release a Rus item pack someday.

lucky lancer said:
Hello Narf,

Your work indeed looks amazing - and I'd love to add this to my Native!
Sadly I'm not really familiar with the module system.

Would you mind uploading a properly edited item_kinds1.txt including the necessary alterations?
It would be much appreciated!  :smile:
Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Sorry man, that's not gonna happen.  I did that before with this pack, and it resulted in endless pms, posts, and complaints from people getting errors every time the game gets patched.  Just read a bit on this forum about how to add stuff to your game, and you'll get it figured out fairly quickly.  There are tools to help you do it through a UI even (Morgh's tools and others). 

The new helmet looks excellent, Narf. It's certainly a must for a Russian/slavic armour pack.  :smile:

Are you still going to do the Kuyak armour you've shown us? I especially liked the fur on it. :grin:

I replied earlier, but the forum crashed.

While mixing with native items is somehow good idea, most of your stuff is level higher, and it would be nice to get seamless aventails (like 2x the same helmet, one with compromise second with your mail).

Here are some helmets suggestions, check out the links.

Do you plan to do simple padded armor in rus style ?
Of course that Kalantar and Kuyak are also excelent choices.

Oh, and go europe after rus *hint**hint* :grin:

What about making a Monomakh's Cap (a sort of a crown that Kievan Rus' knyaz wore). Not really a warrior's outfit, but with your superior model\texture skills I could only imagine what piece of masterpiece it would be. That's also because I don't recall any of M&B\WB mods that have that item.
Rg51_0.jpg

Or this Yaroslav II of Vladimir lordly helm:

dinr_75_2_shlem.jpg
Shlema.jpg

Well, I started that kuyak armour a while back, and I wasn't having any fun making it, so I stopped.  But then I finally decided just to get it done with, so here it is.  I think modeling is like cooking- you can tell when it wasn't made with love.  I'm still working on the fur, 'cause I can't figure out how to make it look decent... Maybe I never will.  I'm thoroughly sick of working on this.

I think maybe I'm done with the Rus stuff now.

Then why won't you just delete the fur? I'm sure it will look better without it  though the current version is pretty decent. Great stuff.

Although a decent boots would be just perfect :smile:

Best looking Rus armour ever... i'm impressed and "disappointed" about your decision to change subject.

Generally Russian stuff receive lesser attention from modding communities, speaking also about other games as well.

Your abilities would have been much more than some simple fresh air into the fray...

I hope you' think about reconsidering at least for a third one (if i haven't lost one or more)...  :mrgreen:

EDIT:

Is there somekind of ETA for all these items ?

Back
Top Bottom