OSP Medieval 3D Art Narf's Plate Armour Pack (UPDATED FOR WARBAND, 06/11/10)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is this 1.152 (or whatever we are up to) compatible?

I just added the load resource line to module, added textures and resources and added items to the items list. The game loads fine but they dont turn up in shops

So everytime I follow the installation steps to the letter and absolutely nothing happens. But I realized there is one file I never add that is included in Narf's pack called "python_entries_for_module_system" but I am not sure where it goes. Can anyone help me?? Thanks!!

Okay so I waited a week and it worked but there is a problem. So after a week I went into the armor shop and there were a bunch of blank boxes or slots and when I scrolled over them, it showed the stats for the armor I put into the game but there are no models, so it's as if I can buy them, wear them, and use them, but they cannot be seen. How can I fix this?

cory8675 said:
Okay so I waited a week and it worked but there is a problem. So after a week I went into the armor shop and there were a bunch of blank boxes or slots and when I scrolled over them, it showed the stats for the armor I put into the game but there are no models, so it's as if I can buy them, wear them, and use them, but they cannot be seen. How can I fix this?

You forgot to add the .brf to the "module.ini".

Follow the damn instructions, they're all there in the first post.

Okay I know these questions I'm asking are probably annoying, because I know they are asked frequently. But I have absolutely no clue what to do, even with simple things when it comes to even the most basic modding (though I've never made a mod before, I'm just trying to add this armor pack to a mod I already have), but I am trying to learn. Now that Module.ini file, what is that? If you don't mind helping me out that is.

hey narf I am wondering if you would be kind enough to make these kinds of sallets

blued-sallet-with-brass-leaves-4.jpg

winged-sallet-5.jpg

blued-winged-sallet-with-eagle-head-2.jpg

Bayard-X said:
Federick421 said:
hey narf I am wondering if you would be kind enough to make these kinds of sallets

blued-sallet-with-brass-leaves-4.jpg

winged-sallet-5.jpg

blued-winged-sallet-with-eagle-head-2.jpg

This would be ...

wait!

Bayard-X said:
Federick421 said:
I dare someone to make this a royal sallet (one with a small circlet crown)
Richard%20III%20Helmet_2_636x500.jpg

This would be easy. Alas, I got no time ...

Want some plumes instead ?

I forgot about that crowned sallet. It was posted a long time ago. I think the Sallets narf has already made can be part of a set with the Gothic plate (would also come with plumed and crowned version of the closed sallets) and the Black Sallets can be part of a set with a black version of the gothic plate
black_gothic_armour_med.jpg

There's already a plumed version of the open sallet in the Renaissance Mod for Warband. Crowned sallets were more fantasy than reality on the battlefield. They gave two extreme disadvantages: 
1. They say "kill or capture me" very loudly and obnoxiously.
2. They make the contours of the sallet completely useless. These helmets were designed to deflect impacts. A crown would catch the attacker's weapon and transfer the full force of the blow to the helmet's wearer.
Also, these armors were rarely blued, and I haven't been able to find any period pieces that are the shade of black in the examples you gave (modern replicas). That would have caused more problems with overheating than the typical highly-polished armor of the time. (if someone has more knowledge on the subject feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)
I doubt any of that will happen since Narf hasn't updated this pack for years, is concerned with historic accuracy, and hasn't posted on the forum in almost a month.

How would i put the line (load_mod_resource = narf's_plate_armour_pack_WB) into the module.ini of a mod. The mod i am trying to put the new armour into instead of having (load_resource = materials_face_gen) in the .ini it has (load_mod_resource = materials_face_gen)  the armour dos not show up in game when putting into the mod.

scourgedude said:
How would i put the line (load_mod_resource = narf's_plate_armour_pack_WB) into the module.ini of a mod. The mod i am trying to put the new armour into instead of having (load_resource = materials_face_gen) in the .ini it has (load_mod_resource = materials_face_gen)  the armour dos not show up in game when putting into the mod.

After you put it into the module.ini did you also add the items to the items_kinds1.txt file?

EDIT:

Ok ive fixed the problem. Just a heads up to anyone installing with the module system. There is a slight error in the item_kinds folder in the download pack where salet has an extra 'l' causing the 'cannot find mesh' error. The itemkinds1 file for the text system does not have this problem.

thick1988 said:
scourgedude said:

After you put it into the module.ini did you also add the items to the items_kinds1.txt file?

I have the same problem too pretty much, however I put all the item entries in place as well as the resource and texture files. I did notice that in the items finder through the cheat menu, the total number of items says 602, not the original 604 but I changed the second line to 663 in item_kinds1.txt file (I added in 59 extra items from other mods). Not sure what's going wrong

Back
Top Bottom