NW Completed Napoleonic Wars European Cup (NWEC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea is that it will start in early June so that people have time to finish their exams, atleast that was what we were planning to do the last time we had a meeting.

Nation Turkey
Captain: Zechariah
Contact Details: Steam ID: Zechariah40
Members:
Zechariah
RebelliouS
Revenge
Gabriel_Drake
TheLandTraveller
Leon~~
Pendragon
Hattori_Hanzo
Buhere
Goliath
Trukoss
Lisa_the_Virder
Mertali_the_Awesome
Mysterion
~Xeon
How did you do your try-outs (for people to join in or not): Sign-up on forums and domino

The Turkey team would like to add one more member to our team and update the list.

Had no idea i was in this. Simmilar to Sid, i have no interest in this. Only had a vague interest for MM, none for NW. Replace me plox.

Hekko said:
The idea is that it will start in early June so that people have time to finish their exams, atleast that was what we were planning to do the last time we had a meeting.

Please prevent not needed bumps. You've had your answer before by Hekko,

Ah just leave it Gokiller, if he wants to raise his post count quickly by posting useless replies then let him, after all I guess he gains some sort of satisfaction from it, or perhaps he is just a talkative little fellow.

I'm going to pull out of this tournament as I don't think it has been gone about properly and don't believe it will be much of a success either.

If I'm honest, I think we should cancel this and do it another time. And here are my reasons:

1. Lack of major nations (France, Russia, Ukraine, Norway, Balkans) participating, thus detracting from it's 'community-event' status.
2. The haphazardous marketing of it: sign ups were on the secluded FSE forums and barely any graphical advertisement or tournament memorabilia was commissioned.
3. Tournament gameplay and rulesets not being particularly enticing (15 aside melee :roll:) and fundamentally designed only really with MM gameplay in consideration.
4. Tournament beginning too early: NW only just came out when it was starting to take sign-ups, and so the game has had a change in playerbase since leading to a lack of new blood and loss of old blood in some cases who had already signed up (e.g. Achilles, Sid, Vorlen). It wasn't a great time to start it.
5. Poor timing of the event: in the thick of exam season and now expecting to commence with early summer festivities looming (Euro 2012, Olypmics). Some have already pulled out or stepped down for such reasons.
6. Lack of regular and coherent updates that are important to make sure this does not 'fizzle out' - I believe it has somewhat already fizzled: I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of nations pull out or simply don't turn up.

If you're not going to cancel, please don't grace this tournament with it's ambitious title 'European Cup 2012' or with any of my graphical design - they ought to be saved for something I know is going to be a success and all-encompassing community event.

Evan

That's quite a disappointing Evan... Really sad to hear from you to...

Let me explain some things neverless,

1. = That some major nations didn't take part, is there own fault. We've annouched this months ago. And they didn't "reply" to it.
2. = The fact was, we weren't enable to get a sub-board on taleworlds. Tho we could get it on the FSE website, but seeing the website "failed" everything went quite messy. Something we couldn't see coming.
4. = Before we did nearly everyone was up for this. So we pushed it on. We all knew it would be in the NW. That some players got out because they didn't buy, or enjoy NW isn't really our fault. If there wasn't enough support when we annouched this we wouldn't have pushed it so early.
5. = ^
6. = I've been busy lately with several things. Seeing as I've got some tests coming up in a week, (if i fail them than i can say bye-bye to my exams next year) witch are rather important.  Neverless my apologies for not updating the thread.

And please Evan, don't critise it.. With like "please don't grace this tournament with it's ambitious title 'European Cup 2012" So far Hekko, Svenson, me and Crusader have put quite some time in setting up what we got so far now. A little bit of appreciating is welcome. 
(Aswell pointing back to point 4)

All together, I've personal lost some intrest in the melee. Seeing as I'm going to be busy as well. I personal can agree that it isn't the right time for such a big event.

Anyway, I'll have a talk with Hekko, Svenson and Crusader and we will see what is the best solution.

Good day,
Gokiller

Evanovic said:
1. Lack of major nations (France, Russia, Ukraine, Norway, Balkans, Scotland) participating, thus detracting from it's 'community-event' status.

Fixed...  :roll:

Alright, since Gokiller is under heavy time constraints I will take over responsibility for this.

First of all, due to the nature of NW and the fact that people have dropped out of teams I will allow replacements for the people who have dropped out, furthermore, teams that do not have full rosters at the moment are also allowed to fill them up. So teamleaders, please provide me a list of people that have dropped out with the same deadline as for the matches, after that replacements will be impossible.

Secondly, since it has been a month since the sign-up deadline teams will have had ample time to train together and accordingly we will be starting up matches effective immediately. The following teams will have to fight a match before friday the 15th, June 2012

Turkey vs. Denmark

The Netherlands vs. Italy

Sweden vs. The United Kingdom & Northern Ireland

So, schedule the match, schedule a referee and get it done before next Friday.

We will be doing it at the pace of one match per week initially since the UEFA Cup might lower attendance for those who are interested in football.

Steam names to the different leaders can be found here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNSPBRYr23IdHkwaEo1ZmdMdlQtTHY1LTlwX0JpSWc#gid=0

The 15e will provide a server for the event as long as it does not interfere with our other events, the map used will be one from the groupfighting servers.

Questions can be asked here, if somehing is of urgent nature I can be reached on the 15e TS most of the time: 176.9.103.48:9991

Kind regards,
Hekko

Yes, it is possible to have a referee that is not one of the organizers, however, in that case please ask make sure that the organizers are okay with the referee.

Wait a minute... so Gokiller can't organize the  European cup since he is busy with other things but.. he is also the captain of the Dutch team! I tried to contact him via Steam but his friendlist is full. Is his team going to have the match against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom