NA_PW4_RolePlay Ban List/ Appeal thread(updated 6/4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aegon_Targaryen said:
I knew about the TLP server because I was assured by one of your clansmen that we wouldn't have to put up with this anymore.

What exactly does that mean? I cannot tell whose side you are on with that sentence.

Sushiman said:
{TLP}Sk1nn3r said:
I am not a racist. Why do people automatically assume someone is a racist when they use a racist term? And I would like it if any African American that was currently on the server at the time to please step up and speak out that you were thoroughly offended by what I said and I will apologize.

And my ban appeal is not exactly about the "n-word" being said it is about how poorly executed were the administrative actions delivered by EvilSniper91. There were many different things he overlooked.

I didn't say you were a racist. Whether anyone was insulted by your comment or not doesn't make it okay. You can't go and shoot a gun in public, and expect it to be okay, because you didn't hit anyone.

Comparing real life to a video game? That's almost like how my parents used to compare their child-hood school experiences to mine where as they didn't have to put up with guns, knives, gangs, drugs and they still got good grades! What? <-- valid argument how? *confused*

I think i should put my two cents in, as a rational adult. Honestly, unless you were an african american person that skinner was using the n word to as a purposeful insult, i don't think such thing should warrent a perminent ban. People need to be more tolerant yes, but if we just ban words, where does our freedom of speech go? Every person in the united states, and certain other countries have the right to their own opinions, they also have the right to express their opinions in a non violent or offensive way. If you can prove to an admin that you were an african american on the server who was offended by the word, then yeah skinner should be punished. TLP is not biggoted or racist in any way, the use of certain words today can mean totally different things than they did way back then when they were used as a hateful term against a certain race. Whatever, you people can think what you want. Skinner is not racist, he just uses words certain people seem to find offensive.

Sorry for double posting, but sushiman, stop beign a troll. You have no constructive criticism, get the hell out of here.

It's an analogy. Just like you wouldn't walk into your school and shout what you said at the top of your lungs, you shouldn't do so on the internet. Don't get any delusions that you're not dealing with real people just because you can't actually see them or hear them. There's some ****ed up **** on the internet, but that doesn't mean you have a free ticket to contribute to the ****ery with impunity.

Besides, it doesn't matter if someone is of African descent or not. What matters is you said something with the knowledge that others find it offensive and with the intent of offending someone. Your choice of vocabulary just happens to be considered by some as highly offensive and as such they're very sensitive about it, to the point where action taken against those that use it as you did are escalated. In that admin's position (assuming I made all the mistakes they previously made that led to that ****-hole situation in the first place) I would have skipped a warning and gone straight to a kick. I suppose that depends on how many times you said it, though. If you used it repeatedly I might have given you a temp ban.

Don't jump on my ass about "feeling offended for somebody else," either, because I don't. Speaking from admin experience though, I know there are players that will feel this way, and I know that if I want to keep a steady player base I have to maintain a certain quality of conduct in the server. So do I remove one outspoken player or let my inaction piss off the rest?

No, I'm not Lulu. I have a feeling Lulu is a smurf for another admin, but I don't know which one though I've narrowed it down considerably.

TLP_Kira said:
Sorry for double posting, but sushiman, stop beign a troll. You have no constructive criticism, get the hell out of here.

The button is "Modify." It's in the upper-right corner of the post, next to "Quote."

Kira, eh, no, I'll do things my own way. If you've got a problem with the way I post, report it, and if Vornne or another mod agrees with you, they'll do something about it it.

As it stands, I've sorted stuff with Skinner.

I am just going to stop my fingers from replying to what Orion said because all it will do is get me further into trouble. But I will say that is probably one of the more elaborate troll posts I have seen thus far.

I only said the "n-word" once and it wasn't really towards any particular person seeing as how I was being trolled/flamed by numerous players at the time.

And with admin experience I know what that is like as I currently am running this clan spread across two games and soon opening up a Battlefield 3 division running quite a few different servers. I can see the admins perspective. But as I was a player in the situation I would like to think my perspective is a little more important.

And yes Sushi and I have come to a cease fire through other means of communication.

Ansari thinks the ban was unjustified

If you did read it, you'd notice I agreed with you on the matter of the punishment being excessive. As I said, I would have just kicked you for it. A permanent ban for a first offense isn't reasonable in 99% of cases. The other 1% is for hackers, of which there are very few in Warband.

{TLP}Sk1nn3r said:
But as I was a player in the situation I would like to think my perspective is a little more important.

Admins are players too.

TLP_Kira said:
I can read, i did go to college...

Then why didn't you just edit your first post? Reading is one thing, understanding is another.

Right why dint you say anything to my post's i mean he just posted and your already talking i have been posting for 2 weeks now

if you haven't read my posts then here is the info

banned by wolfenz With out warning he came and didn't say anything and perm banned me as far as i know it was a perm

i banned for NLR and i only killed 1 man a serf and he attacked me  and then we were in the walls and kenty called the admin saying i attacked him only because he attack a allie troop

i would like to be unbanned because kenty said himself to me that he cant remember me do anything wrong you can  go ask him if you like  :smile:

and please say something to the rest of us by that monthy and me

collbaird said:
Right why dint you say anything to my post's i mean he just posted and your already talking i have been posting for 2 weeks now

banned by wolfenz With out warning he came and didn't say anything and perm banned me as far as i know it was a perm

i banned for NLR and i only killed 1 man a serf and he attacked me  and then we were in the walls and kenty called the admin saying i attacked him only because he attack a allie troop

i would like to be unbanned because kenty said himself to me that he cant remember me do anything wrong you can  go ask him if you like  :smile:

[quote author=Ban list]43# Thomas is banned permanently by Wolfrenz.
44# RyCR_Hejtman_Vajo_CZ is banned permanently by Wolfrenz. [/quote]

Are either of these you? They're the only players banned by Wolfrenz. If you check the server and still can't connect, then another admin banned you. If you can connect, you weren't permanently banned.

Orion said:
If you did read it, you'd notice I agreed with you on the matter of the punishment being excessive. As I said, I would have just kicked you for it. A permanent ban for a first offense isn't reasonable in 99% of cases. The other 1% is for hackers, of which there are very few in Warband.

{TLP}Sk1nn3r said:
But as I was a player in the situation I would like to think my perspective is a little more important.

Admins are players too.

I did notice that you did agree on the result of the situation being excessive and I am glad that somebody can see how utterly ridiculous it was. And an admin is not just a player anymore. They have a responsibility towards the players that are not admins to be there for them and solve their problems even if it means going out of their way during their time on the server to do so.

Like Aegon said, most admins do not act impartially and administrative actions seem to stem from situations that the admin was a large part of during game-play and/or they were personally affected by the actions of another player. That is not the correct way of being an admin.

Orion said:
collbaird said:

[quote author=Ban list]43# Thomas is banned permanently by Wolfrenz.
44# RyCR_Hejtman_Vajo_CZ is banned permanently by Wolfrenz.

Are either of these you? They're the only players banned by Wolfrenz. If you check the server and still can't connect, then another admin banned you. If you can connect, you weren't permanently banned.
[/quote]

well that ban list was last updated in  4th of june and i got banned after that ( unless your at a ban list that isnt on the thread)

collbaird said:
well that ban list was last updated in  4th of june and i got banned after that ( unless your at a ban list that isnt on the thread)

Touché.

There's nothing I can do about it, unfortunately. I only have access to the web server (which I haven't touched in over a week because DrD disappeared). If what you're saying is true, the ban wasn't justified in the first place. Even if you did break NLR and killed somebody, that isn't enough to justify even a temporary ban. You're either lying or an admin was very impatient. Unfortunately I think it's the latter. :neutral:

Orion said:
collbaird said:

Touché.

There's nothing I can do about it, unfortunately. I only have access to the web server (which I haven't touched in over a week because DrD disappeared). If what you're saying is true, the ban wasn't justified in the first place. Even if you did break NLR and killed somebody, that isn't enough to justify even a temporary ban. You're either lying or an admin was very impatient. Unfortunately I think it's the latter. :neutral:

That is another thing.. it seems as though there are quite a few more than 100 perma bans on this server. The lists need to stay updated if there are going to be lists. It would help a lot! =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom