My Observations on the New Version

Users who are viewing this thread

UniversalWolf said:
I do get crashes occasionally when lords get kicked out or defect.  I'm not sure what causes this, because lots of them faction shift with no problem.  In fact, it happens constantly now that the rival kingdoms are in the (mostly) dismal state they're in.

One thing I've really enjoyed is the item repair system, although I've yet to see an item become better than normal, even with a level 20 smith (and I've put lots and lots of items through the repair queue).
Can I get you to create a bug ticket on the item repair system with a copy of your save game attached?  If you attach your wse_crash_log.txt (WSE folder) along with it that will help me find out what might be causing the defection related crashes as well.

Windyplains said:
UniversalWolf said:
I do get crashes occasionally when lords get kicked out or defect.  I'm not sure what causes this, because lots of them faction shift with no problem.  In fact, it happens constantly now that the rival kingdoms are in the (mostly) dismal state they're in.

One thing I've really enjoyed is the item repair system, although I've yet to see an item become better than normal, even with a level 20 smith (and I've put lots and lots of items through the repair queue).
Can I get you to create a bug ticket on the item repair system with a copy of your save game attached?  If you attach your wse_crash_log.txt (WSE folder) along with it that will help me find out what might be causing the defection related crashes as well.
Yeah, I'll do that.  It happens pretty reliably now (the lord defection crashes, I mean).  It might take a couple of game days, or it might take only a few seconds, but it inevitably happens.

Granted, I'm pushing the system to its limits with my uber-cheaty playstyle.  At any given time I have probably a dozen unpledged lords loitering around my court.  Since I never talk to them they keep moving from liege to liege.  I've been trying to come up with a theory for the crashes, but it's tough to nail down.  If I had to guess I'd say it could be related to lieges who indict landed lords and the change in ownership of several fiefs simultaneously.  Just a guess though.  I've noticed there are lots of villages with no owner, too.

To be honest I'm impressed by how often it works correctly.  Sometimes I get a whole screen full of text when four or five lords get indicted at the same time.

Some of the equipment will be screwed up when you load the save in vanilla because I've added several custom items, but I don't think that will affect the diagnosis of this particular problem.

I've been keeping an eye on the hostile party sighting UFOs too.  I believe I have seen unpledged lords moving around the map.  They use the same grey color as bandits, so maybe they're registering as bandits.

UniversalWolf said:
Windyplains said:
UniversalWolf said:

I've been keeping an eye on the hostile party sighting UFOs too.  I believe I have seen unpledged lords moving around the map.  They use the same grey color as bandits, so maybe they're registering as bandits.

Unidentified Factionless Objects?

Pallanza said:
UniversalWolf said:
Windyplains said:
UniversalWolf said:

Unidentified Factionless Objects?

Now that gave me a nice laugh :grin:

Windyplains said:
Can I get you to create a bug ticket on the item repair system with a copy of your save game attached?
Just FYI, I think I'm going to have to send to my items text file as well.  I tried loading my save in vanilla Silverstag and it didn't work because I've added a few custom items.

Just thought I'd mention that I'm still getting the vanilla bug where a lord will turn hostile after starting a prison break with the latest version.

I just created a two tickets, one for the blacksmiths and one for the lord crashing.  I noted this in the ticket, but I think Urumuda was the cause of the crashes.  Not him personally, but the change in ownership of his fiefs caused by his attempted defection.  Also consider than if a lord who owns a town defects to a different faction, all the villages associated with his town defect with him, kicking out all their current owners and making them belong to no one.  Perhaps that's the cause of the problem.

Here's the report from the WSE crashlog, BTW:

> Info
Time: 09/08/2014 05:28:14
Type: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005, 0x00000000, 0x359FFFE0)
> Stack trace
0x00580A44 mb_warband_old.exe+0x180A44 (??+0x0)
0x00000000 ??+0x0 (??+0x0)
>

This must be the one, because it repeats over and over, and the lord defection bug has caused the only crashes I've had so far (IIRC).

Oh yeah, I had one other comment.  I've been waiting for ages now for my wedding to come up, and I don't mind that I keep getting the "Visit Lady" mission during that time, but it really needs more substance.  All you do is go visit your fiancee over and over and over, but there's nothing more to it.

Windyplains said:
Were you getting these kinds of crashes on the base v0.23 mod?  I believe you typically do some add-ons as well, right?
Yes, I'm always fiddling with stuff.  The only things I added were maybe seven or eight new items though, some with new textures, all contained in a single .brf.  Three or four were imported from The Last Days.  I used these items for my PC, my companions, and my alterations to the custom troops.

Like I said, these crashes have stopped entirely since the time of that save I uploaded.  I can wait or camp somewhere and let days roll off and no crashes anymore, so whatever was causing it is no longer in effect.  My blatant abuse of the system could have contributed to the crashes (in fact, that's one of my excuses for cheating - to push the boundaries and see whether anything cracks), but since the crashes started after a particular length of time into the game (it wasn't crashing at the beginning), and changing circumstances have ended the crashing, I tend to think that's not it.

My biggest problem now is that my year-long engagement expired with no wedding.  The quest simply failed, a day early and with no warning.  What a buzz-kill that was.

Back
Top Bottom