Mount & Blade Warband Infantry Primer

Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks to this guide, Reapy's videos as well and duel servers; I've been doing a good job nowadays. I fell myself to be above mediocre. But one thing really frustrates me--and even makes me want to storm out of the server-- is the projectile weapons. I find good opening, move with teammates, ready to breach walls or kick some asses, and bum! Archers everywhere. Throwing weapons flying above my head, I spawn and I get hit by an arrow or dart. At such times I see players with great k/d ratio and wonder how. That's the subject I need help with. And if anyone can help, I have free candies.

Ultimately I think the best answer will involve a shield of some sorts.  I hate projectiles too.

I just try to avoid archers (i will almost never carry a shield).  If an archer mass is in one part of the field, i'll try to get very far away from them and look for fights elsewhere.  Not always possible I know, but they dont tend to shoot at you if you are really far away.  If its a tight area I usually try to hide behind something or make sure there's plenty of people in front of me.

Throwing is just plain suck.  Throwing axes are more annoying than horse archers.  Just be thankful that it isnt F&S where the throwing weapons explode.

I just grab some throwing of my own

Throwing javs tends to shut down xbows and archers makes them move around so they cant shoot

If they are a really good shot they will HS you while you are throwing so be careful

Hope they add that you can bash with your shield or to push your opponent back etc would be great.

Back
Top Bottom