Mount & Blade Merchant's guide

Users who are viewing this thread

They are trade goods. Only found at merchants, and only serve for trading (except for those that are food).

If you want to make stuff, you have to play craftmod right now.

This is exactly what I have been looking for.
I was going to list them for myself to help me trade
but I got lazy and never got around to it.
This is excellent and the maps are really helpful too.
Nice job dude

WOLVES! said:
the maps out of date

Are you being serious?  The map was posted about 2 and a half years ago, of course its out of date.  The last post prior to yours was in MAY 2006

CompanionCake said:
What is it with Necroing in this forum.....

I don't know, but this thread makes me miss Rando... and Pavlov, and JStrange, and all the others. :cry:

The trade system has luckily been enhanced to prevent this kind of metagaming - still, it was incredibly fun to do so back in the old days.

Seff said:
CompanionCake said:

I don't know, but this thread makes me miss Rando... and Pavlov, and JStrange, and all the others. :cry:

The trade system has luckily been enhanced to prevent this kind of metagaming - still, it was incredibly fun to do so back in the old days.

Those were the days. Whatever did happen to Pavlov? 

Gilrain said:
Seff said:
CompanionCake said:

He got married.

Seff said:
Gilrain said:
Seff said:
CompanionCake said:

He got married.

He'll probably be back then in another couple of months.

Old or not... the info in this thread helped me big time in .950... 35 days in and I'm up 8k... with another 18k denars of velvet waiting to be sold in Reyvadin(it may take 1-2 weeks to sell it all).  Being alone I had to pay off the Bandits but I killed all the looters... Bandits tend to be more heavily armed and equipped.

Maybe when I have some time I'll try to update all the info for the new Major cities in 0.950.  The old trading routes still apply so that's not too much updating to worry about.

Now that we are in .950, is being a merchant even worthwhile?  I bought a boatload of pottery knowing my profit would be huge in the next city..... however, as I approached the city who's pottery was low on stock, I noticed a caravan reach the city before I got there.  When I got there The city's pottery stock was fine and I barely made profit from my sale. 
I'll admit that my merchant skill wasn't super... I guess I'm competing against the other merchants for business.  It's just discouraging to see prices change before you get to the city.

Now I'll only occasionally make a sale if the margin of profit is nice and the buying city is next door. 

Yes, it is worth it.  I made a killing on the Jelkala-Rivacheg velvet run, with over 500 denars profit on each roll.  They didn't have enough money in the whole town to pay me, and I had to take arms, armor and horses instead for part of my profits.  Jelkala-Praven wasn't bad either, and much closer.  I heard that spice trading can do well also.

Take velvet from Jelkala to Reyvadin (sell some at other towns along the way such as dhirim) and sell it off for 1000 apiece (when they're out of money get the best equipment they have) then go to Tulga, load up on spices, and do the same selling it at Praven.  Then back to Jelkala, rinse and repeat.

Making money is very easy in 0.950. I bought spices from tulga. They were like 30 denars per sack. Then I sold them at Reyvadin for like 1200 denars each :grin: I bought myself some good armour after that  :mrgreen:

Keep in mind you can sell and make money faster by selling spices and velvet in other places than praven and reyvadin.  They don't pay much worse for velvet in other cities.  You could even take the velvet to the next city over and get at least 350 per unit.  Selling it in reyvadin and praven though can serve to buy your equipment, so those places are good for that.  But I find they don't give you a whole lot more.  I just sell the velvets at the horse, armor, and weapon merchants and tell them to pay what they can, just to get rid of it faster.  Became the wealthiest man in Calradia in no less than forty game days.  Guess who the second wealthiest person was.  Hint:  Was selling primarily velvet.

Back
Top Bottom