Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SunFlash said:
@Robo

"The problem is if the influence gained is lower than what you started with it becomes unrealistic again."

If I were running around banditing for the first bit of the bit of the game I would really hope I had less influence than I started with.  Not saying it's exactly like honor, but I can't just steal all this dude's cheese and then expect him to love me.
Again what I proposed separates relationships from influence. They might not love you but if you gained a lot of influence by let's say being a brutal general, they still have to respect you and you can influence them. Of course someone liking you makes them easier to influence but it's not the whole picture.

With the system I proposed your renown and influence would generally grow together but relationships can be what ever they want to be. You could be a king and be hated by a bunch of your lords but you can still influence their behaviour. A lord shouldn't be refusing a direct royal order simply cause he doesn't like you unless he's no longer attached to having his head on his shoulders. That's where influence should come in but not as a currency, as a level.

In fact just to integrate all the systems better, having a high relationship with a powerful lord could also increase your influence. Also just having a lot of money in your treasury could also increase your influence. That's for anyone who likes to play as a merchant.

Plovercrest said:
CaptainLee said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
It has almost been 6 months since they launched the Steam page. Just saying.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261550/?

And can we have a proper sub-forum for bannerlord topics? I don't think that's asking too much and it's way past time.

They're saving that card for when we get restless. Kinda like the Steam page. Everyone calmed down after it was put up.... for a little bit.

No matter what they show to the people now, they won't calm down. Most followers and players of warband do not have forum accounts, they just know the game is in development since the end of warband and they are tired of waiting. So dont expect any calm soon.

TheGreatGold said:
Someone should close the steam forums. It's breeding trolls.
TBH TW doesn't care about their public image much, they won't close it. Though, boob physics does matter in the grand scheme of things. Jeremus would approve of his newfound gains in Bannerlord.

CaptainLee said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
It has almost been 6 months since they launched the Steam page. Just saying.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261550/?

And can we have a proper sub-forum for bannerlord topics? I don't think that's asking too much and it's way past time.

What topics do you forsee being discussed? It is rare that anything on topic is discussed here apart from questions and complaints about the lack of a release date. This thread is ample for our needs right now.

Looter said:
TheGreatGold said:
Someone should close the steam forums. It's breeding trolls.
TBH TW doesn't care about their public image much, they won't close it. Though, boob physics does matter in the grand scheme of things. Jeremus would approve of his newfound gains in Bannerlord.

They would if I released a game called Bannerhoard with similar combat and options........... who's with me? :party: :party: :party: :party: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

DanAngleland said:
What topics do you forsee being discussed? It is rare that anything on topic is discussed here apart from questions and complaints about the lack of a release date. This thread is ample for our needs right now.

Mostly because any topics that do raise their heads above the parapet get swallowed up by the release date complaints because we only have one thread. It's hardly rare either. We're on page 2760 and have had a single thread for four and a half years. Even the most blinkered white knight would have trouble justifying that one. I don't recall any devs in my twenty five years of PC gaming doing that, especially with a release (presumably) this year.

DanAngleland said:

I think it would also help with staying on topic, rather than constantly bouncing around as this thread does.

Lord Brutus said:
Your source for the release date?

They have stated for the first time that they are confident they can get the game into our hands this year.

This thread has been quite a rollercoaster. It would be a shame to close it down. Such ridiculous, pie-in-the-sky highs, and such ignoble, gut-wrenching lows.

This is the stuff of life, my Lords.

Lord Brutus said:
If, by mature you mean, age 13, I agree.  Kinda sad.

I always get a kick out of the mature/immersion excuse for "stuff" in games *cough* Witcher, Dragon Age effect: andromeda*cough*.

But still, Bannerlord needs to have detailed sex cutscenes and a robust relationship dialog tree.

Plovercrest said:
Lord Brutus said:
If, by mature you mean, age 13, I agree.  Kinda sad.

I always get a kick out of the mature/immersion excuse for "stuff" in games *cough* Witcher, Dragon Age effect: andromeda*cough*.

But still, Bannerlord needs to have detailed sex cutscenes and a robust relationship dialog tree.

How detailed? I want to see large bouncing boobs. :fruity: :fruity: :fruity:

But seriously (You said it sarcastically? I wouldn't know, it's the internet), Bannerlord doesn't need any sex scenes, though it will probably attract more prospective teenager players (Thus more money), sex scenes won't add anything of substance (Except boners, that is) to the game, and would be a waste of the developer's precious time.
But I do of course agree that there's much that the game can benefit from a more comprehensive and relationships, and it wouldn't harm to add more to courtship, because right now all you do is reading poems, I don't think it works like that in real life (I have no clue, otherwise I wouldn't be posting in this forum in 7:52 in the morning).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom