Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Lust said:
What if I told you PR wasn't just about spewing out every single detail of a work in progress project as soon as possible?

This thread isn't about me, thank you very much. Let's stay on topic.

This thread has been off-topic since the start of it, yet no one has cared until now. I just asked a question, like I said, I assume you are doing something else then writing a few things every month, any other thing would be wrong. No need to get defensive. Sorry if I offended you.

I was lucky enough to find and start playing M&B when it was just released from Beta way back in 2008-ish. I instantly fell in love and shamelessly promoted it at renaissance fairs, friends, family, my place of work, etc. This has been the ONLY obsession for me for 8 or so years; I have since been among the first to purchase any and EVERY beta release since. I love the game, not for the battles, but the fact that I can live my dream. I love the work TaleWorlds is doing and has done, and I especially love their cooperation with modders who have also done a fantastic job. I love you all.

However, I have gone from being a casual forum reader to a registered person so I can comment. I have gone from diehard fanatic to a disgruntled customer.

Bannerlord was announced September 2012. I can not tell you how simply overjoyed I was to hear this!! However, as time goes on, I have seen very little information on the game other than teasers. ONLY teasers. The information about factions was fantastic, outstanding, but I'm growing concerned that no gameplay video, nothing highlighting the changes made has been released. IN NEARLY 3 YEARS! It has also been nearly 4 months since the last blog entry. And then I find that the game is playable and that TaleWorlds employees can purchase the game....

I really don't care what state the game is in, alpha beta or gamma. But I need something here. I need more regular updates, I need more information, It's time for MORE than a TEASER. And when the next game is slated for release, please don't announce it when development starts, hint at it, but when this announcement was made, I thought it was coming out in the next two or three years, but it doesn't look like it's any closer to getting finished.

Tybalt_ said:
Captain Lust said:
What if I told you PR wasn't just about spewing out every single detail of a work in progress project as soon as possible?

This thread has been off-topic since the start of it, yet no one has cared until now. I just asked a question, like I said, I assume you are doing something else then writing a few things every month, any other thing would be wrong. No need to get defensive. Sorry if I offended you.

You said: ''Is Captain Lust actually getting payed? I mean... come on. Or is he doing something else then typing a few things every other month?''

That sarcastic, derogatory post isn't compatible with the explanation you have given. It was no big deal but trying to portray yourself as misunderstood is insulting.

Whilst music adds to the game, and the effort put in is appreciated, I couldn't care less about the music at this point. I was hoping for another video, actual gameplay, or character creation, something to make me **** myself with excitement.

Just another 3 months or so, and we may get to see something.

Inanch-Bilge said something about an interview being on the way along with videos. Hope that will arive soon.

DanAngleland said:
Tybalt_ said:
Captain Lust said:

You said: ''Is Captain Lust actually getting payed? I mean... come on. Or is he doing something else then typing a few things every other month?''

That sarcastic, derogatory post isn't compatible with the explanation you have given. It was no big deal but trying to portray yourself as misunderstood is insulting.

I didn't give an explanation neither did I try to portray myself as misunderstood. Way to miss the ball.

I asked a question, he seemed upset, so I apologized. I could have read him wrong, but that's what I picked up. No need to be the knight in white armor. We're just talking. Like I said, I assume he does other things, not sure what tough.

jacobhinds said:
Deka said:
And then I find that the game is playable and that TaleWorlds employees can purchase the game....

That's the exact opposite of what Lust said.

Captain Lust said:
Raoh said:
Back in the day, Armagan used to post and interact with the forum users frequently, and now even the Community Manager ignores us...
1)This post is a little silly right after my direct response.
2)I just said this thread isn't about me and that should be taken as a warning.
3)The situation you're referring to is slightly different in that Armagan was discussing a purchasable, playable game. I will happily talk to you all night and all day about Warband. You are asking me to talk about Bannerlord. A game which cannot currently be purchased or played by anyone other than TaleWorlds employees.

Please use your common sense and let's leave this here.

No, I think that is EXACTLY what he said...

As in, they're ones working on it and no one else has access to it, not literally playable and purchasable for Taleworlds employees. I don't even know how that would work? "Good job on making this game, guys, here, have super-secret passes that allow you to buy the game you've just finished making and enjoy the thought that no one else can buy it, mwahahaha"? In what world that makes sense?

In blog-related news, I like how community instantly went down the "you know xyz game? That game did their soundtrack right" road.

Deka said:
No, I think that is EXACTLY what he said...
Ok, you can misinterpret that. You might even be right about the grammar. The rest of us will use reading comprehension above preschool, thank you.

Liking the new music. Very Mount and Blade-y. Some of the pieces feel true to the music of the original M&B and Warband while still being unique, which I like.

Also, the final result for the Empire's theme. Dayum.

Also, a screenshot:
blog9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom