Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though it is a very valid reason, jacob, it's still not confirmed that he is indeed someone who has lurked the forums for a while. We wouldn't know, and he'd say anything to look good, most likely.

We might as well just go on-topic now, aye?

Reus said:
Though it is a very valid reason, jacob, it's still not confirmed that he is indeed someone who has lurked the forums for a while. We wouldn't know, and he'd say anything to look good, most likely.

We might as well just go on-topic now, aye?

Hah, c'mon pal. You're better than the old "Now that I've said my piece let's get back on topic" tactic  :grin:.

Gotta agree with jacobhinds, recruits with no avatar just tend to blend together, made a few faux pas myself due to this.

That's not a tactic. I see no reason for using said "tactic", as I am not afraid that my post would be shut down. I am simply following the rules.

As jacob said, "There isn't a reason to keep straying off topic on a specifically topical board." - so we might as well get back on topic.

Reus said:
That's not a tactic. I see no reason for using said "tactic", as I am not afraid that my post would be shut down. I am simply following the rules.

As jacob said, "There isn't a reason to keep straying off topic on a specifically topical board." - so we might as well get back on topic.
Back to topic it is then!

New blog and release date please developers!!

Reus said:

Dismissing what somebody says based on who they are is snobbery. You see a lot of recruits getting shut down by other forumites just because of rank. It drives me nuts when i see it because it's often just the non-recruit stroking his own ego. Conversely I've had pitchforks call me out when I've said something stupid.

I've been wondering recently if bannerlord is going to go the same way as early mount and blade with regular code-breaking patches. In 2006-7 threads I remember reading of modders who would have to completely rewrite certain scripts after every patch because the .exe and syntax were reorganised. If that were the case, we might end up with mods being delayed for several years until they stabilise it (this only happened in 2008 iirc).
Unlikely since it's actually based on a real coding language and not psuedo-python, but it's still in the back of my mind.

I really hope they'll avoid that. Imagine how many players would freak out and lose all the hype because of the good ol' code-breaking patches.

jacobhinds said:
People lurk. Often for years. Rank is just a bit of fun and shouldn't be used to support an argument.

Right, I'd been lurking the TaleWorlds forums since late 2010.
I only decided make an account in 2014.

Even then, I hardly ever post.  :mrgreen:

OT:
At the end of the day, the thing I care about most for Bannerlord is good optimization.

Cookie Muncher said:
And before you go with "Being recruit or Grandmaster means nothing", it does - more time spent and more knowledge of how this forum works.
More spent time - Yes...More knowledge - Doesn't look like it.

Satanica said:
Cookie Muncher said:
And before you go with "Being recruit or Grandmaster means nothing", it does - more time spent and more knowledge of how this forum works.
More spent time - Yes...More knowledge - Doesn't look like it.

Enough knowledge to know that posting several posts in a row is against the rules, which apparently you don't know since you're rambling on about something completely different.

No you're right...

"More knowledge - Doesn't look like it."

You can quote more posts, just scroll down when you're typing.

You haven't been here that long have you? People are gonna get annoyed when you're spamming, not when you're making a decent post.

borat_great_success.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom