Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added Docm30

MadocComadrin said:
If we're going to allow people to early beta test, we're going to need more than just the modders. Gotta have a decent pool of people to play test both the game and the mods.  :cool:

Who do you suggest?

Edit: we should move this into a separate thread.

MadocComadrin said:
If we're going to allow people to early beta test, we're going to need more than just the modders. Gotta have a decent pool of people to play test both the game and the mods.  :cool:

This is also true. Beta testing has never been to ensure mod support, and game developers have never really cared about mod support. There need to be players to actually test for bugs and gameplay balancing.

Docm30 said:
You're confusing elitism with cronyism. Choosing only people you can be sure will be useful is neither elitism nor cronyism, though. That's just being smart.

Okay I googled cronyism. :wink:

You're too hard to argue with. :evil:

Also, Toasty Fresh, TW has said repeatedly that mods are oe of the keys to M&B/Warband's success.

*all the modding people*

What about playing the game first, enjoying it? You got to remember that this is a game, not an OSP resource for everyone to **** up. I agree: what makes the franchise is its replayability and modability, but I wish it was just a tiny little bit more complicated to modify, because I'm so tired of seeing "Montenegro at worz" crap, made by those who wanna see their country in a "mod". Not to speak about spoiling the game quality with some ****ty models, because some people think that if they managed to make a stick in Wings 3D, they must inevitably make a mod about it. What I see as real mods are those like Diplomacy, Crusader WTE, L'aigle, Freelancer etc.

We have a huge amount of appreciation for our modding community and honestly, we see providing good tools as a staple of PC gaming. That being said, it's not something we take for granted and realistically, our main focus is on making a good game.

The new editor is something we could probably give details about pretty soon. For now I'll say that it's definitely a lot more advanced than the old one. It feels a lot more like a coherent tool or piece of software, rather than the barebones editor in Warband. Functionality is greatly improved and... we have "undo".

Oh how long I've waited for this.  Been hitting NW so much that I've forgotten the sheer joy of simple  Mount and Blade, but these screenshots have decidedly rekindled that!  I'd love to be in the alpha/beta whatever for this just to sink my teeth into the combat once more  :twisted:

Keep up the awesome work! ^__________^

Captain Lust said:
we have "undo".

:grin: And THAT has made my day :smile:

The Bowman said:
I wish it was just a tiny little bit more complicated to modify, because I'm so tired of seeing "Montenegro at worz" crap,

Don't play those mods then. There's nothing wrong with having it be mod-able; I don't want to play those mods either, so I don't. :wink:

Thanks for spicing that up. What I mean is that I want less 12 years old to get their traces on the modding board.

Nevertheless, I'm really eager to know and get my hands on the new scene editor. I've been a dedicated scener for some years and hearing about new possibilities is something that makes me really curious. :smile:

Thane Delphi said:
What is wrong with twelve year olds if they can get the job done?

The problem is that they cannot get the job done. Early teens have too many expectations and their motivation quickly dries out. I wish there was a special submitting form for modules, which would have to be accepted by administrators/moderators, so you wouldn't be able to make a mod thread without prsenting WIP.

The Bowman said:
Thane Delphi said:
What is wrong with twelve year olds if they can get the job done?

The problem is that they cannot get the job done. Early teens have too many expectations and they motivation quicly dries out.

Making modding harder doesn't fix this.

Standard beta what you purchase for money (aka "early access") would be good. Many of the great mods of old happened when the game was in beta, many modders honed their skills and knowledge of the module system in those beta days.

It's nothing to do with elitism or whatnot. TW gets a bit of money in beta sales and modders get additional time to poke around the inner workings of the game. Everyone wins.

No. Just a symilar and equal beta we got for Warband would be good for Bannerlord too. It's ridiculous to pay for a beta. It's meant for testing, learning and freeing the game of bugs. Everyone is happy.

Mr.Milker said:
Standard beta what you purchase for money (aka "early access") would be good. Many of the great mods of old happened when the game was in beta, many modders honed their skills and knowledge of the module system in those beta days.

It's nothing to do with elitism or whatnot. TW gets a bit of money in beta sales and modders get additional time to poke around the inner workings of the game. Everyone wins.

I will preorder you a copy if you get rid of that avatar. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom