Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 8 - Engine Power [VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

You sell your game along with an engine, like Unreal Tournament and Half-life. All hail Tale Worlds. Tale Worlds is the new Valve.

Same engine, different titles. Also, I'm fairly certain they updated the engine between installments. I'm tempted to say as a for-instance that one of the engine changes between M&B and Warband was the addition of HDR, but it's been so long and I don't even have an original M&B installation on my new HDs so I can't check.

DanAngleland said:
I think there were some physics added to Warband, though the only instance of them being used in the game that I can think of is ragdolls.

I think there were some boxes in the cave in Brytenwalda that you could topple off a ledge. That's all that come to mind for me.

DanAngleland said:
I think there were some physics added to Warband, though the only instance of them being used in the game that I can think of is ragdolls.
These, certainly. They're an improvement over fixed animations, especially when the corpse is on a slope or stairs. They weren't present in the original M&B.

I hope the next blog isn't very far away, it would be great to hear more, or just see more concept art. I'm afraid Blog 8 just made me even more obsessed with Bannerlord.

I just spent a few minutes going through all the screenshots and so far I don't think I've seen any character with a helmet who also had visible hair...  :sad:

That's true; but having looked through myself just now, there is only one piece of headgear worn that I would expect to show some hair, and that was a hat. It was the picture of the player avatar in a trading/equipping screen, and the character appeared to be bald. I would expect them to fix that issue, but it never bothered me much, I barely noticed it in Warband.

Back
Top Bottom