Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 4 - Flexible Entries

Users who are viewing this thread

<p>Happy New Year to those operating on the Gregorian Calender and a round, warm hello to all. “Blog!”, they cried and it was written. 2013 has been a year of growth for us at TaleWorlds and with each passing month, work intensifies on Bannerlord. The new year has already started with the achievement of 100,000 likes on our official Facebook page. It feels like a great milestone and we'd like to thank everyone for all the support. Now let us tell you a little bit more about making Bannerlord.</p></br> Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/5

Actually what they really need to nerf is archery, not to the point that it's like brytanwalda archery (Intensely **** dmg and bullet drop) But so that it makes sense, in late game my arrows can fall a horse, in native an army of archers on a hill can take any army (Shields can't even hold up.)

I think what they should do is make shields more resistant to arrows (But not to bolts and throwing) and arrows to have less damage but not less drop.

For siege maps archers are almost impossible to properly command, there should be a pre plan phase where you can choose where soldiers go(Like an overview shot of the castle front like a map). then when it starts a command pops up saying To your stations.

There should be things for siege defense too. Like you have to put men on alert or when the attack start you start with all your troops not on the wall or not in position. Placing men on guard can leave them vunerable to attack as well as can lower morale if not put in patrols (They may think of deserting from seeing the army across) When a castle goes into siege when you enter the castle, the main menu should bring up an extra option called siege defense options. and as you stay in the castle, people may riot, get hungry, and you will have to sneak out and feed them (Guild masters will come forward to talk to you) As well as repel sneaky invaders. Not to mention strengthen the inside areas (Like build leather on the walls to stop them from being damaged so badly. Send raiding parties for food or to try and disrupt the enemy. Sneak out yourself to cause trouble. Deal with issues inside the castle (Men get angry and try to loot, do you stop them and they leave or let them go and the town along with the overall prosperity drops.)

I really like that troops actually climb the ladder so I also hope that they will actually push the siege towers and raise up ladders and dont use the jedi power for that.

Exactly, we should station troops pre-battle, and attackers should spawn a little far, otherwise missile troops doesn't does anything in sieges where realistically they should.

As a user said it, it would be great to have an option to ambush the enemy. The ambushes should be available only in forests or in bushes or when there is a high value of fog and cannot be seen anything, etc...

Also, about some users complaining about graphics, this is a pre alpha and truly doesn't matter the graphics, what matters is the realism in the movement of troops, in their behavior, in the behavior of the AI, etc... NOT THE GRAPHICS. Take a look at Minecraft as an example, what matters is the gameplay, not the graphics.

"Development of this kind is incremental and behaviours need to be gradually corrected and improved over time, to include new actions. An example of this is ambushing. The mechanic and gameplay of ambushing itself needs to be developed but for a real implementation into the game, the AI needs to be programmed to make sure that lord and bandit parties also make use of ambushing in realistic ways. This adds extra layers to the development of a non-linear game like Mount&Blade, obviously creating complications but a necessary part of creating the games that we want to create and our players enjoy."

From third blog entry.

Inanch-Bilge said:
"Development of this kind is incremental and behaviours need to be gradually corrected and improved over time, to include new actions. An example of this is ambushing. The mechanic and gameplay of ambushing itself needs to be developed but for a real implementation into the game, the AI needs to be programmed to make sure that lord and bandit parties also make use of ambushing in realistic ways. This adds extra layers to the development of a non-linear game like Mount&Blade, obviously creating complications but a necessary part of creating the games that we want to create and our players enjoy."

From third blog entry.

Great! That is what matters, new gameplay actions and options, after finishing all these AI improvements and all gameplay futures then edit the graphics as you want, because graphics are secondary.

Graphics are already fine, I don't know  whats wrong, who was expecting high end graphics anyway ? main problem I see is postures of npcs still feels like Warband.

Inanch-Bilge said:
Graphics are already fine, I don't know  whats wrong, who was expecting high end graphics anyway ? main problem I see is postures of npcs still feels like Warband.
I didn't know this community still cared about graphics, but I come from the pixel game age.

thank god that the ladder climbing is more organized now

it was a ess where all troops tried to get up at the same time and kept pushing eachother off
also

ACTUAL LADDER CLIMBING ANIMATION CONFIRMED!

Carlos Danger said:
Inanch-Bilge said:
I didn't know this community still cared about graphics, but I come from the pixel game age.

do people really care about graphics in a mount & blade game?

It's mount & blade
Known for not-so-bad graphics and diversity in gameplay!

blogpost said:
A part of the game where players have some unforgettable moments that separate good games from great ones.
These blogs are epic and unforgettelbe moments, wich hopefully (and probably) wil lead to a greamt game!  :mrgreen:

Leonidas300 said:
As a user said it, it would be great to have an option to ambush the enemy. The ambushes should be available only in forests or in bushes or when there is a high value of fog and cannot be seen anything, etc...

Also, about some users complaining about graphics, this is a pre alpha and truly doesn't matter the graphics, what matters is the realism in the movement of troops, in their behavior, in the behavior of the AI, etc... NOT THE GRAPHICS. Take a look at Minecraft as an example, what matters is the gameplay, not the graphics.

I smell wooden computer.

I do not want to be forced to look for a mod in order to make the game look good. I do not want to look for a mod for more content and AI behaviour. And I do not want to hear people saying that un-edited Native is not worth to play. I want to get the best possible enjoyment from the game they have been making for years. I want all the relevant features we have been requesting for so much time inside the Native module.

I feel like the policy of letting us discover new stuff goes off the track sometimes, so it would be better if the dev-blog series contained actual facts, so the community would be a lot more calm and confident about the content.

Graphics. Don't. Matter.
Unless they're entirely ****ty and look so bad your eyes roll to the back of your head.

I see what you're saying about the AI, defiantly needs to be fixed, the lords need good tactics, have a whole department on AI TaleWorlds, don't end up being like Rome 2.

Carlos Danger said:
Graphics. Don't. Matter.
Unless they're entirely ****ty and look so bad your eyes roll to the back of your head.

I see what you're saying about the AI, defiantly needs to be fixed, the lords need good tactics, have a whole department on AI TaleWorlds, don't end up being like Rome 2.

Making a new game means not to just have improvements; it has to be new as a whole, otherwise it's an expansion pack.

Graphics are not entirely irrevelant but I don't know whats unsatisfactory about them, last two pics oddly has low quality but for example take a look to this
Bannerlord_09.jpg

I'm fairly satisfied from it, only hairs(which are fixed) and postures kinda  irritated me.

Yeah I didn't get it, may be they purposely did this I don't know, blog entries are quite mysterious, names hidden on links, small details not visible in first look, Ragnor pics :grin: wonder when we will start getting more clear information  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom