Mount&Blade community IRC channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Sparkyninja said:
You bastard LL.

It's like you were reading a "Choose your own adventure" game and came across: "You encounter a dragon. If you choose to fight, turn to page 3. If you choose to flee, turn to page 89". And you chose FIGHT. And all page three said was "You are dead. Contratulations, you've realised that your life is empty, hollow, shallow, without meaning, that you are nothing but a tool of our consumer-driven society. Would you like to reload your life? y/n ?"

Getting a 'Could not connect to remote server' error when I try to join.

Only way I can connect to Quakenet is through webchat.quakenet.org, and they block my IP, unless I log into Q. I have no idea what that means.

Seff said:
Only way I can connect to Quakenet is through webchat.quakenet.org, and they block my IP, unless I log into Q. I have no idea what that means.

It means you are FUBAR.

Nah, not really. You just need to create an account with Q (the quakenet bot) and presumably auth every time you connect. Though if they block your IP before you get chance to auth, I don't know how you'd work around that. It's why webclients are inferior to IRC clients.

Here's the info for registering an account with Q, anyway:  http://www.quakenet.org/help/q/how-to-register-an-account-with-q

Wasn't (obv.) mentioned in the thread, but I did set up a tiny workaround for him. Result:
[quote author=#mount&blade]10:30 < Seff> Jace: It works.
10:30 < Seff> It's the webchat blocking the IP in the camp, for unknown reasons.[/quote]
He just hasn't bothered to pop by since early March :razz:

Yeah, my usual 'net time isn't really long enough for it to make sense. You have to idle in IRC to get the good stuff. :razz: Same with skype and MSN, I'm not bothering much with it.

Back
Top Bottom