most hardest Town/Castle to invade?

Users who are viewing this thread

hazzaboi

Recruit
I think the time is right to start my own kingdom.. I have a full army of empire immortals and armored crosbow men.. What is the most hardest castle to invade? So when I invade it, It will be hard for enemies to get back. Thanks!

Please ask at quick question topic.

In my opinion Singal is easy to defense, It is a small way that is for 1-2 man. Stay at the left side,change attack direction setting to by movement key, and keep overhead slash. I have 150-200 troop and enemy have near 2000, but they never pass my town wall.

*You will not want to do it like this,Because  It take a long time. You kill some - they retreat  - they wait a few day - and attack again until they are low on troop.

*Marleon is good too, Try siege it and you will see....

I also used Singal as my first town, got through some tough sieges there. The castles around Singal are easy to defend as well, one in particular you have to pull your infantry back from the wall breach (spawn too far away from it) but it has a great line of sight for archers to rain fire down on the entryway.

Almerra Castle, definitely. The ladder is inside the walls so troops need to walk through a yard with archers on a wall on each side of you.
Sarleon too, although for different reasons.

Basically any castle/town with a narrow ladder or ramp leading up. 

There are some castles/towns with unique layouts that are supposed to have chokepoints and towers inside, away from the initial ramp and troops spawn far away from the initial ramp.  I don't like defending those places because once enemies get past the initial ramp, their archers can spread out and it is just too hard to keep alive then. 

Believe it or not, I also don't like defending places that require siege towers.  It seems the AI takes the same time from initial siege to attack regardless if they need to build a siege tower or not.  And when they do build a siege tower, their archers have more time to shoot and kill your troops, especially your own exposed archers.  I can't afford a battle of attrition, so I either have to pull back my own archers, which is hard, or just wait it out. 

Marleons is definately the hardest for me. I can never seem to get up the ladder. That whole scene is just wrong. Defending is great though.

If you have enough archers, you can hold most places. Avendor is IMO the hardest to hold because the breach point is huge. The enemy just pours through the walls from the siege tower and overwhelms the troops. On that one I pull everyone back to the stairs, the only chokepoint, then headshot from the tunnel.

Singal was really hard to take, I lost more troops on the approach than on any other castle.

Just got done holding onto Sarleon vs a rather large invasion force. That was tough, the breach on the ladder is huge and makes it easy for them to get a foothold.

Depends on your playing style.

But basically, anything with a tight chokepoint somewhere and plenty of room for your archers to kill enemies. What you really really want though, are siege tower castles/towns. Those vary from game to game and you´ll have to find them on your own though as they´re rather randomly spread out. Chance is like 5% or something a location is a Tower Siege upon starting a new game.

And yes. Take them first. The last thing you want to do is have your enemy have a Tower Siege castle as last resort. Unless you´re some perverted masochist.

I tend to prefer any ladder siege over a tower siege when im on the offense...but out of all the ones i've tried so far i'd definitely put Marleons at the top of the list as hardest, followed by Talon.

I shudder as I realize that the last kingdom my empire has yet to conquer is Sarleon...from what I hear, I will need the luck of the Noldor to best the city of Marleons...

Marleons was actually the one Sarleon town that I didn't have to take myself. I was off besieging the dshar, got back and marius had taken it.

Anyone tried defending oregar castle (the one near Janos, not sure if the name is correct)? It uses the native grunwalder castle scene, which was very hard to siege.

I'm having the opposite problem in my game, I have Avendor and just requested that Laria be given to me.  Both are extremely easy to attack and impossible to defend.  Laria has two ladders while Avendor has a very wide ramp and is a siege town which means enemies get to shoot at you for a while before they attack.  In my game, Avendor was sieged by a force of 2000.  I had 400 poor quality troops guarding it (to save money) and brought 200 of my best troops with me to try and defend the siege.  It's early in the game and I have no honor troops and am just a vassal, the marshal was busy elsewhere.  Anyway, after 2 tries and reloads, I found that I couldn't defend the town, usually I would be able to with odds of 600 vs. 2000.  I had to let the town be captured and then recapture it immediately.  Fortunately the king gave me the town back, but this worries me because once I declare independence in the future, my towns will be attacked and I own very hard to defend towns.

The secret to defending Avendor is to set your infantry at the stairs and pull the archers down to the ground level just past the tunnel. Avendor is Dhirum from native and was my favorite starting point. After being sieged by the Nords, it was the only way to hold that town that i figured out.
Just make sure you stock it with alot of higher tier skirmishers.  :cool:

Do you mean on ground level behind the walls or in front of the walls?  It seems that my archers and I would be slaughtered if it were in front of the walls so i assume you mean behind the walls.  So your archers will be able to fire on incoming troops while being protected from enemy archers?  Very smart, I'll have to try it if it gets sieged again.

Back
Top Bottom