Money ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know why I haven't seen this method of making money before, it's so easy...

Quite simply, just buy 6 or 7 cattle in a village and slaughter them, then take the meat and hides to the nearest town.  Move onto the next town, rinse and repeat.

You can easily clear out all the cash reserves of the town this way.

Or hunt deer, venison plus hide gives you around 400-500 per kill and there is usually 20-30 head herds to be found. You can easily make 10 000 per herd from Loidis/Eoferwick.

I do some of the easier quests at the beginning and combine that with trading. A lot of products can be bought very cheap in the villages. Than you can sell them for lots of money in the towns. It takes some time, but after around 70 days I have enough money to sustain 90 men plus companions, two breweries which each give 800 - 900 scillingas and I actually make money each week now. Of course, my troops are still low tier most of the time, but not that bad either.

Kind regards,
G.

I like serving in lord army from start, i have some expirience from battles, and some money from looting after lord battles, (about 400-600 sc after each) and wages...also you can always desert with weapons and armor)

Go to a village, steal some cows, and sell beef and skin in the cities.

I start in this way, and I gain more or less 1500-2000 shillings for every city where i sell these things.
Usually I slaughter only 2-3 cows a time, selling fast for avoid the lowering of prices.
Also, beef and skin can be exchanged in villages against some other precious things, like cloth: you tale cloth without lose any shilling, or paying only a fistful of them, and sell in city at high price.
E.g.: i slaughter 2 cows, sell beef and skin at a village, taking cloth and cotton, giving 10-15 shillings, then I go in a city and sell cloth and cotton at 150-200 shillings at piece :smile:

Not bad,huh? But I like be a merchant, than I like fight on the field...after all we had the Sea Republics (Genoa Venice Pisa and Amalfi) and I come in partfrom real Norman stock then I know how sell and get gold...he he...

@Verael: I appreciate very much your saying:  usually my gain with beef and skin its used for get some decent weapon and armor, and then come to the local abbot/bishop to give money for have the minimum  renown for be taken in the army...

Yes, serve in a lord army it's a very good way to learn fight and gain easily.  For me, it's a pleasure, because I like much be a soldier and grow in the time getting promotions.

That's my method!!!! :twisted:

:cool:

I spend most of my game doing this whenever I'm low on cash, though I usually buy the cattle as I like to keep a good rep, and kill 5 of them per town, you still make about 2000 profit.  If you do this while moving around and whenever you're in Wales buy stone and minerals to sell in the East, it's pretty easy to make money.  Also, every time I get about 15,000 I buy a brewery or something so my army upkeep gets paid as it grows.

This "buy cows slaughter them and sell skins" it's more like a cheat. It's like using a command "-give me X scillingas".
It doesn't invole luck or trade science.

Im so sad.  :sad:

It's just working as a herdsman basically.  I like to concentrate on the warband side so it's good to have a quick way of making money that isn't a full on cheat.

ronamjack said:
It's just working as a herdsman basically
Find herds in the field and use hunting sience = herdsman science and it's ok 'cause it involves time and skill. 
Buy cows from villages and slaughter them and sell the result = cheat in legal manner. No time and no skill needed.

I was talking about the second thing. Buying cows from village should be banned.

Nobody here drink boose?
I Talk to bartender and claim all the bounts. $300 for a short trip and only one head

Back
Top Bottom