Mods make this game

Users who are viewing this thread

talior3

Recruit
I have a few and few mods. Realistic Battle Mod is in my opinion one of the things that make this game 3 times better. It's bizarre how a non-official party manages to set up a system that improves the game way beyond its initial form.

And I am left wondering why and how it is that work is left for modders. Is this on purpose? Hell yeah. No doubt in my mind. I won't be surprised if some of these modders are employees and programmers of the game that do mods instead of making it official because:

1. Modders won't be held to accountability. The game won't suffer negative reputation for a bad mod since it's seemingly not the game's mechanism but rather an independent one.
2. Greater freedom. When you announce decisions as an official representative of the game you are expected to deliver on these promises. But if it's just some random guy who mods nobody demands this volunteering guy will keep updating mods till the end of times.
3. Obviously, money. Money, money and more money.

But it's okay, so long as the game thrives. I don't care what tactics taleworlds uses, so long as things improve. But I actually hope my conspiracy theory is correct because it would should that somebody cares. And if not because they care, they still provide functionality this way. So if my theory is right, it's much preferable to thinking they will stretch it for years and leave everyone waiting in dispense until then.

Developers are adding Warband features into Beta 1.2, these WB features were once mods, if I'm not mistaken .. so ..

TW have said they only wanted to develop a simple strategic game, something console gamers can enjoy ... yeah .. Modders can .. "FIX DA FN GAME!!! .."

AW

I have a few and few mods. Realistic Battle Mod is in my opinion one of the things that make this game 3 times better. It's bizarre how a non-official party manages to set up a system that improves the game way beyond its initial form.

And I am left wondering why and how it is that work is left for modders. Is this on purpose? Hell yeah. No doubt in my mind. I won't be surprised if some of these modders are employees and programmers of the game that do mods instead of making it official because:
Thanks for 5 star review.

As far as we are concerned we are not TW emloyees, I am scientist IRL and my co-author Marnah is actual coder, but for different company and different industry than gaming.

Back
Top Bottom