Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MadVader said:
Link to that? Can't find a finalboss user, just some Final_boss with no posts. Hope they are OSP too.

Keep us updated on what you find out, those look pretty great.

Also:

Added this to module_triggers:

Code:
#BROTHERHOOD WITHOUT BANNERS
(2,0,ti_once,[],[
     (set_spawn_radius, 4),
           (spawn_around_party, "p_castle_29", "pt_brotherhood"),
     (call_script, "script_add_notification_menu", "mnu_invaders_brotherhood_without_banners", 0, 0),

And this to module_game_menus

Code:
#INVADER MESSAGES!
  (
    "invaders_brotherhood_without_banners",0,
    "Whatevs",
    "none",
    [],
    [
      ("dplmc_continue",[],"Continue...",
       [
         (change_screen_return),
        ]),
     ]
  ),

What else do I have to add to have the notification fire once the trigger starts?

Hey guys im thinking about starting to port hotd to warband so are there any things I need to be on the lookout for as I haven't modded or looked at the module system for it before. Is it roughly the same on how you change stuff with the m&b module system or are there some extra files that I will have to edit when adding in stuff.

xPearse said:
Hey guys im thinking about starting to port hotd to warband so are there any things I need to be on the lookout for as I haven't modded or looked at the module system for it before. Is it roughly the same on how you change stuff with the m&b module system or are there some extra files that I will have to edit when adding in stuff.
Largely the same. IIRC the major changes were in the economy scripts (or not), as well as the new stuff for multiplayer, and the moving scene prop triggers and so on. Nothing too complicated.

A question of my own. Using per-frame triggers in mission templates means that the results will vary based on people's framerates. If I've got a trigger that shouldn't have such an effect on it (for the flying mechanic I've nearly completed), and using it ten times a second is choppy (0.1 instead of 0 at the check interval)...
Anyways, my questions are: what's the minimal check interval that a trigger can be set to (and that is not 0), hopefully lower than 0.1, and what does such a trigger do in a multiplayer context? It would probably be a server-side trigger, mostly at least. And since I'm quite confused about that, I won't talk any more. Help will be appreciated indeed.

Lumos said:
xPearse said:
Largely the same. IIRC the major changes were in the economy scripts (or not), as well as the new stuff for multiplayer, and the moving scene prop triggers and so on. Nothing too complicated.

A question of my own. Using per-frame triggers in mission templates means that the results will vary based on people's framerates. If I've got a trigger that shouldn't have such an effect on it (for the flying mechanic I've nearly completed), and using it ten times a second is choppy (0.1 instead of 0 at the check interval)...
Anyways, my questions are: what's the minimal check interval that a trigger can be set to (and that is not 0), hopefully lower than 0.1, and what does such a trigger do in a multiplayer context? It would probably be a server-side trigger, mostly at least. And since I'm quite confused about that, I won't talk any more. Help will be appreciated indeed.

Thought it would be similar though I just wanted to make sure, thanks.

If you are asking whether it's hard or not, then it may be hard for you, as you could have seen it for yourself by quickly comparing the module systems. A coder could port it easily, that's what Lumos was trying to say.

Seek n Destroy said:
MadVader said:
Link to that? Can't find a finalboss user, just some Final_boss with no posts. Hope they are OSP too.
It was indeed from Crpg:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/new-heirloom-models-%28and-web-gui%29/?PHPSESSID=fisaats0ekb5533u5nocqesqt5
I doubt it is OSP but you can ask the maker for permission.
Thanks, dude.

What I really need, but can't seem to find, is an explanation of scripting syntax and triggers with examples.  There are numerous references to how fickle and difficult it is but that, in of itself, doesn't really get me anywhere.  For example, are there are cross-referenced files? I found a couple of posts that seemed to imply this but didn't go into any detail as to what or where.

I specialized in scripting for Medieval II: Total War ("Rule Britannia" mod leader on TWC) but just can't seem to get my head around it in Warband.  If someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial on this subject it would be hugely appreciated.

AJStoner said:
What I really need, but can't seem to find, is an explanation of scripting syntax and triggers with examples.  There are numerous references to how fickle and difficult it is but that, in of itself, doesn't really get me anywhere.  For example, are there are cross-referenced files? I found a couple of posts that seemed to imply this but didn't go into any detail as to what or where.

I specialized in scripting for Medieval II: Total War ("Rule Britannia" mod leader on TWC) but just can't seem to get my head around it in Warband.  If someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial on this subject it would be hugely appreciated.
It's simpler than it seems, but you need to go through the coding tutorial and maybe read up on syntax.
Syntax: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,142422.0.html
Tutorial: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,56798.0.html
Otherwise, just experiment until you get the hang of it.

Amazing, but I still can't find the source of problem with my horses animation.

1. horse_anim present in BRF check
2. horse_anim animations work check
3. animations loaded in module.ini check

What else can be the cause? Just to remind what the problem is - in the scenes my horses animations is stuck, there's actually no animation, horses models just statically move above the terrain without shambling their horsy legs :smile:

b@rtu$ said:
Hi , Is there any way to make item with random meshes?
Regard's
b@rtu$
Nope not that I know.
The only way is to assign a range of random items to an item... using the module system.

PS: check out your inbox messages I asked you something a few months ago, but I havent got any respond yet :wink:

Art of Justice said:
Amazing, but I still can't find the source of problem with my horses animation.

1. horse_anim present in BRF check
2. horse_anim animations work check
3. animations loaded in module.ini check

What else can be the cause? Just to remind what the problem is - in the scenes my horses animations is stuck, there's actually no animation, horses models just statically move above the terrain without shambling their horsy legs :smile:

Seems that you have destroyed something in header_animations, module_animations or even process_animations.
Use winmerge to compare the native .py files with the modded ones and fix it.

MadVader said:
If you are asking whether it's hard or not, then it may be hard for you, as you could have seen it for yourself by quickly comparing the module systems. A coder could port it easily, that's what Lumos was trying to say.

Seek n Destroy said:
MadVader said:
It was indeed from Crpg:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/new-heirloom-models-%28and-web-gui%29/?PHPSESSID=fisaats0ekb5533u5nocqesqt5
I doubt it is OSP but you can ask the maker for permission.
Thanks, dude.

Well I did have a look at the warband module system but I just wanted to confirm with you guys if it's any different in the way you go about things, was there any harm in asking. Anyway thanks guys for answering my question.

Hey guys a guy was asking about adding in to be able to change your factions culture when in the game as you get Tokyo Zombies rebels when you try to take your own territory. How would I go about changing this so you won't be a rebel of a faction by your own when you take land.

xPearse said:
Hey guys a guy was asking about adding in to be able to change your factions culture when in the game as you get Tokyo Zombies rebels when you try to take your own territory. How would I go about changing this so you won't be a rebel of a faction by your own when you take land.
Code:
[color=navy](faction_set_slot, "fac_player_supporters_faction", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_special_forces"),[/color]
?

I found something similar in the mount and blade module system, what do I change here. I don't really know what im doing but would changing that sfs_inactive to sfs_active do anything.

Cozur said:
What does this do to troops?

Code:
tf_unmoveable_in_party_window
Iirc, prevents from garrisoning that troop. "Party window" is any of the troop exchange screens.
So if you want companions to be transferable to a garrison, remove that flag. Never tried that, though. :smile:

ok so i figured out how to make my water item checked for in a parties inventory every x amount of days guys!

but now i need to figure out how to make it take away health from every party member included the player- as well as NPC lords.. anyone know what that code would look like? especially the health values???

im trying to make it so that every x amount of days without item Y in inventory Z amount of health is taken away from all agents on the map. and if Z = 0 then walk speed = minimum (or a slow speed of like 1.0 or something) I'd like it to mean death if its a player or non lord parties. but thats complex.....

hmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom