Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that's what I mean but I think it was in the scripts section as it said num parties 14 and obviously that's probably it there so I lowered the number, I'll try it out and see if the parties are reduced in numbers but they should.

xPearse said:
Yea that's what I mean but I think it was in the scripts section as it said num parties 14 and obviously that's probably it there so I lowered the number, I'll try it out and see if the parties are reduced in numbers but they should.
Yes, for bandits, they are spawned in the "spawn_bandits" script and there are pretty clear lines like that to edit.

CommissarMike said:
Hey all. 

I have spent most of the past several weeks reading documentation, tutorials and various posts to learn as much as I could before actually doing any real modding (other than making some new meshes and such).

I feel like I have seen this issue in a post somewhere but try as I might I cannot seem to find any reference to the issue I am having. 
Essentially I added a bunch of new shields to the game.  I followed everything and the module compiles without errors.  I added the shields to the starting equipment for “nomad” so I could make a new character, check out the new items and see if they are functioning correctly/showing up right.  They aren’t.

Basically a couple of the shields I added show up just fine.  Most of the batch however, show up in my inventory as they should, however when I equip them they show up extremely tiny.  It is to the point you can see a small circle of the shield on the characters back when it isn’t being held and when it is held you can hardly see it at all.

Looking up “Small items”, “Tiny items”, “Items not showing up” etc etc are yielding no results, so any help is most appreciated, since I have been searching for over an hour and I am sure it’s just that I did something silly.

Thanks as always. I am very grateful for the eagerness of many people to help those of us just starting out!

Sorry I searched for another hour and a half at least and still nothing.  Has anyone else had this problem?  There are many posts about invisible items but they all seem to go back to mesh issues.  My meshes are there, just ridiculously small.  Thanks again

Have you ruled out the obvious: the meshes are just simply themselves tiny? Export one that works and one that is small and import them into your favorite modelling program and compare the sizes.

Yes I tried the meshes, comparing both to a native shield as well as the ones I made that worked.  I can see no rhyme or reason.  Since they are pretty simple I will just base them off the model I know works and move on.

Thanks guys

Who knows the full functionality of a dynamic positioning of the horse skeleton (the engine) with respect to ground, only four bones (hooves) are positioned or as something else. If you omit the tail to the ground, he will also be a dynamically positioned?

Hunterwolf said:
Who knows the full functionality of a dynamic positioning of the horse skeleton (the engine) with respect to ground, only four bones (hooves) are positioned or as something else. If you omit the tail to the ground, he will also be a dynamically positioned?

From my experience only the abdomen bone determines the position. All other bones are directly or indirectly chained to this bone. So to change the height of the skeleton you need to move this bone. Moving any other bones won't do anything as it seems m&b simply ignore the position of the bones and only takes the rotation of bones into consideration.

I do not think that this is true, since the rough surface is calculated dynamically coordinate to find under each hoof, if only one bone, then it would have been one coordinate. But each foot is on the surface at different altitudes  :???:

Hi, I wish to ask something about troops editing.

Do I need module files in order to add the new tier to the existing troops three of the existing mod ? (For example, making mecenary cavalry,top tier, upgradeable by adding knight-errant as the next upgrade.)

I've tried manually added new unit to troops.txt and edit it with unofficial troop editor, but the error just popped up when I tried to start new game or load game.

MariusThePaladin said:
Do I need module files in order to add the new tier to the existing troops three of the existing mod ? (For example, making mecenary cavalry,top tier, upgradeable by adding knight-errant as the next upgrade.)

I've tried manually added new unit to troops.txt and edit it with unofficial troop editor, but the error just popped up when I tried to start new game or load game.
Do you need it? No. Just be sure you add your new troop at the end of the file.

However, for best results (e.g., the new troop being counted as a mercenary and thus charged correctly at the higher wages) you'd need to add the troop within the troop list in the relevant area (by the other mercenaries in this case). For that, you need to do it in the module system.

Hi,

Recently I have made the historical castle of Akkerman, but I ran into serious troubles with entry points. During the siege, all the defenders from entry points 40-46 rush to entry point 10, when normally, they should hold their position. Any help would be appreciated. Also, note that I'm testing it with an unmodified Native (leatest 1.153).

Here is the castle:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2404

Thanks.

The Bowman said:
Hi,

Recently I have made the historical castle of Akkerman, but I ran into serious troubles with entry points. During the siege, all the defenders from entry points 40-46 rush to entry point 10, when normally, they should hold their position. Any help would be appreciated. Also, note that I'm testing it with an unmodified Native (leatest 1.153).

Here is the castle:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2404

Thanks.
Isn't entry point 10 the holding position for infantry? (e.g. usually at the point of breach, see common_siege_ai_trigger_init_2)
40-43 are archer sniping positions (see script_siege_move_archers_to_archer_positions)

I perfectly know that. But I tested it and archers do the same thing as infantry. Also, nothing has been modified (i.e. scripts).

I wanna release this as open source, but I don't see the reason it needs script edits when it's a perfectly casual castle.

The Bowman said:
I perfectly know that. But I tested it and archers do the same thing as infantry. Also, nothing has been modified (i.e. scripts).

I wanna release this as open source, but I don't see the reason it needs script edits when it's a perfectly casual castle.
Are your archer troops recognized as archers by the game?

I believe this is the entry point reference for siege scenes:
0 = besiegers/attackers, incl. player if he's besieging.
3 = defenders sally out
10 = defending point (to be placed by ladders/siege tower breach point)
11 = majority of defenders spawn, incl. the player if he's defending.
15 = defender reinforcements
40-43 = archer positions

In fact, yes. I made tests on the defender and attacker side, and in all the cases everyone acts as infantry, while I have a majority of Horse Archers. I will try to see if the problem stands in the Cavalry thing.

The Bowman said:
In fact, yes. I made tests on the defender and attacker side, and in all the cases everyone acts as infantry, while I have a majority of Horse Archers. I will try to see if the problem stands in the Cavalry thing.
There's your problem. Cavalry archers are classified as cavalry, and not archers, and go to the breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom