Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.
I want to change the "weapon switch system" of Warband.

So if a charachter switches from a weapon to another, then the first equipped weapon should be put away automatically(but with the animation)...and then the character should draw the other weapon.

I found no entry about the weapon switching in the whole module system and I dont know how to change it.

Does anyone know how to change it like this :?:
Thanks.

Can "Key_clicked" be used anywhere, or does it have to be in specific places?
I tried to use it, but it didnt work. "key_is_down" does work however, but that doesn't respond fast enough.

I'm getting a strange error whenever I try to generate an AI mesh for my scene.

rglerror.jpg

What does it mean?

I followed an old tutorial on how to add new companions and built the modules with no errors, but my new companions won't show up in taverns.  Any idea why this is?  I've had a lot of experience modding Morrowind and Oblivion, but Python is new to me.  If taverns are out of the question, is there a way to spawn the companions in edit mode or force them to appear at a set location or in your party from the beginning?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It means your AI mesh is so huge that when the game tries to display (by generating a mesh on the fly) it goes over the limit of 65535 vertices per mesh.
It's an unfortunate error, because the AI mesh is not really limited to that amount of vertices, just the visual representation is.

I'm afraid you'll have to create it by hand, from scratch.

Swagger7 said:
I followed an old tutorial on how to add new companions and built the modules with no errors, but my new companions won't show up in taverns.  Any idea why this is?  I've had a lot of experience modding Morrowind and Oblivion, but Python is new to me.  If taverns are out of the question, is there a way to spawn the companions in edit mode or force them to appear at a set location or in your party from the beginning?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You add the troops in the correct place in the module_troops file? By the other companions?

Hm, somehow I can't get something to rotate. Instead of rotating it teleports to left but doesnt change rotation at all.
(Without the "rotate_z", it would just go forwards at rate that depends on $Speed so it can't be that.)

Code:

(agent_get_position,pos1, ":agent"),
              (init_position, pos2),
              (position_set_y, pos2, "$Speed"), # Moving Forwards
              (position_rotate_z, pos2, 2),
              (position_transform_position_to_parent, pos3, pos2, pos1),
              (agent_set_position, ":agent", pos3),

Hey guys what shader do I use for clothing using bump maps. I really dont know the shaders properly because I used bump_static for a clothing and the lighting on it turned out all weird.

MaHuD said:
Hm, somehow I can't get something to rotate. Instead of rotating it teleports to left but doesnt change rotation at all.
(Without the "rotate_z", it would just go forwards at rate that depends on $Speed so it can't be that.)

Code:

(agent_get_position,pos1, ":agent"),
              (init_position, pos2),
              (position_set_y, pos2, "$Speed"), # Moving Forwards
              (agent_set_position, ":agent", pos3),

When rotating around Z, the X rotation also tends to move, which might be what you're seeing. A typical workaround:
Code:
          (position_get_rotation_around_x, ":rotx", pos2),
          (store_mul, ":minusrotx", ":rotx", -1),
          (position_rotate_x, pos2, ":minusrotx"), #needed so camera yaw won't change
          (position_rotate_x, pos2, ":rotx"), #needed so camera yaw won't change

Might be easier/better to do the rotation on pos1 and then use position_move_y with your "$speed". Not sure though.

xPearse said:
Hey guys what shader do I use for clothing using bump maps. I really dont know the shaders properly because I used bump_static for a clothing and the lighting on it turned out all weird.

Use a standart_shader
probably standart_shader_noskin_bump_high for weapons and standart_shader_skin_bump_high for rigged stuff

I am afraid that he is still teleporting the exact same way to the left.
I don't remember exactly why I am not using pos1, think it had something to do with that I needed to change everything localy and also need to check for collision later or something.

MaHuD said:
I am afraid that he is still teleporting the exact same way to the left.
I don't remember exactly why I am not using pos1, think it had something to do with that I needed to change everything localy and also need to check for collision later or something.
On second look, the arguments
seem to be in the wrong order

(position_transform_position_to_parent, pos3, pos1, pos2),
since pos2 is the relative position, pos1 is the absolute position and you want the absolute version of pos2 around pos1 as pos3.

Caba`drin said:
Swagger7 said:
You add the troops in the correct place in the module_troops file? By the other companions?

Yep, right underneath them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom