SP Native Mod: FaceMod v1.0! (UPDATED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Okay, I've finished FaceMod v1.0. Make sure to view the readme(also pasted below).

UPDATE: Fixed issue with mismatched names between files which was causing some errors for the light and medium red hair textures. New version is uploaded, as well as a link to the fix below.

Download Here
Fix Only

Screenshots:

Some shots of the 5 faces: here.
Some shots of the hair colors (not all, I just took mostly random ones): here.

NOTE: Mount & Blade will load slightly slowly(before showing the main menu) the first time after you install this mod! It has to load up 10 new textures, so be patient. There does not appear to be any in game slow down. Subsequent loads will be at normal speed.

Please note that the mod assumes that you have the DEFAULT hair_red.dds file installed. If you already have Nairagorn's hair texture installed, restore the original file first, or you'll get two of the same hair color. The same applies to the other faces as well. If you have any other faces replacing the default ones, you must restore them before installing this mod if you want the best quality. Othewise you will have duplicate faces.

| 1) About the Mod
| 2) Installation
| 3) Credits
| 4) Contact/Get your face in the next version of FaceMod!

1) About the Mod

This mod adds 5 new face and 5 new hair skins to Mount & Blade, by the Taleworlds team (www.taleworlds.com).

----------------------------------------------

2) Installation

There should be 13 files in the package, as follows:

braveheart.dds
evilface.dds
manface_scar.dds
scary.dds
tribal.dds
hair_blondemid.dds
hair_brunmid.dds
hair_reddark.dds
hair_redl.dds
hair_redm.dds

materials.rsf
textures_face_gen.rsf

face_gen.txt
Face and Skin Mod v1 README.txt (this file)

To install, simply copy all of the .dds files into the Textures folder (commonly C:razz:rogram FilesMount&BladeTextures)
Copy the .rsf files to the CommonRes folder (C:razz:rogram FilesMount&BladeCommonRes)
Copy the face_gen.txt file to the Data folder (C:razz:rogram FilesMount&BladeData)

All done!

------------------------------------------------

3) Credits

In no particular order:

braveheart, tribal Lost-Lamb
hair_redl Nairagorn
scary MaDpRoGrAmMeR

n00854180t:

manface_scar (the face that started it all!)
evilface
hair_blondemid
hair_brunmid
hair_reddark
hair_redm

.rsf and face_gen.txt editing.

---------------------------------

4) Contact (and how to get your face in FaceMod)

If you'd like to know more about the .rsf file format, would like to have your face or hair skins included in the next version of FaceMod, or just want to contact me, send an email to:

n00854180t AT gmail DOT com

Got an rgl error as I was flipping through the hair color in the face maker. "Get_material failed for hair_redlight"
gonna change hair_redl to hair_redlight and see if that helps.

Nope. can't even start the game now, just keep getting rgl errors.

ok, needs both hair_redl and redlight. seems to be working now

:final edit: Argh. still not working. rgl error when changing the hair color.

Yeah, I have a problem with the hair too. I didnt say anything as a figured I was an idiot and had installed it wrong. heh.

It crashes to desktop immediately upon cycling through the new hair.

Ancientwanker said:
Yeah, I have a problem with the hair too. I didnt say anything as a figured I was an idiot and had installed it wrong. heh.

It crashes to desktop immediately upon cycling through the new hair.
Oh, I don't like the sound of that! Still, I could always goback.

Hey n00854180t have you tried to mix your face mod with the Mag.7 mod? Does it work? Or does it crash the game if I put your faces into that mod?

As Nairagorn says, it shouldn't cause any problems. I myself use the Mag7 mod, and that's what I tested my FaceMod with. You should wait for the new version though, as something seems to be borked.

Yeah, mag-7 shouldnt cause any trouble with this. In fact Ill probably *require* this mod to play mag-7 once some more faces are added. Ill use them for NPCs and my berserkers.

Bah. Damnit. I'll fix that later tonight. That's very strange though, it doesn't happen on my version :/ Probably uploaded an old version again, I'm going to have to make some version folders so I can keep track :S.

Back
Top Bottom