MOD combat too easy because of badly used items ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi,

I just gave this mod a go as it was highly advertised everywhere. First of all i did enjoy it but once you get off your initial weeks it is just too easy and here is why;

- the new "pole" items make the troops easy punching bags - all those 200+ feet poles make the units worthless in close combat. All i have to do is walk up to their face where they cannot do any damage with their weapon. Since M&D does not allow for automatic switching between short range weapons they are too easy to kill. and there are too many units with poles. I had a fight with an army of pole users, end result: me 20 casualties / they: 250+ casualties... and yes i am using suggested difficulty setting

- plate armor its too cheap and everywhere - plate armor was expensive, only lords and rich fighters could afford them, only byl the time of the teutonic wars they become more common. once i had an army of around 200 plate users i just steam rolled the entire map ... game over. I guess i also think it makes the game look bad because the models are ugly.

- I also lowered arena betting amounts. At 1000 a bet i get something like 38000 per win and the arenas are easy so that is way too much easy money

Tweak this and incorporate more kingdom management options and it could really shine. And yes I am coming from SoD mod.

This mode has great army remodelling but weak kingdom management and "extras" SoD as the extras but imbalanced and poor armies.

I am am refitting the Nords now to have another go this time Viking style lets see how they do. Btw i played Swadia on the game where i played Rhodok before aka Space Marines with swords  :lol:

klarum said:
- plate armor its too cheap and everywhere - plate armor was expensive, only lords and rich fighters could afford them, only byl the time of the teutonic wars they become more common. once i had an army of around 200 plate users i just steam rolled the entire map ... game over. I guess i also think it makes the game look bad because the models are ugly.

he is right in this though. plate armor has never been a hallmark feature of battlefields due to how expensive it was, and due to the reason it was fully developed very late in end of high middle ages. even in agincourt majority of the french knights who got slaughtered by longbowmen didnt have full plate armor. (the few who had full, quality plate were generally among the surviors).

Back
Top Bottom