MM's Funeral

Users who are viewing this thread

Williams_The Great said:
Remmik said:
why would MM be killed by something that is virtually identical except for being required to pay? are there ANY new features? the only thing i had heard of was naval battles, but apparently thats been axed

Have you actully read any of the Sneak Peaks or Features?

-Commander Battles
-New Engine
-4x Better Graphics
-New Units
-Completely Re-made Factions/Units
-New Sound Effects (Including Music)
-New Unit Attack/Defense Features
-New Artillery (3 Cannons, Plus 3 Different Types of Shells + Portable Rockets)
-Engineer Class being able to build defensive barricades as well as have expolisves at his disposal
-And so much more...I advise you to actully read it all.

Commander battles are possible (But difficult) in MM.
New engine does open up new possibilities, ill give you that.
Graphics are fine as is, were playing warband so obviously we cant care that much.
New units can be added into a mod.
you can also remake those units freely.
sounds can go into a mod to.
Unit attack can be achieved though modding.
New arty system is not so new.
Nor in the engineer system.

Now, you may think im just ranting, that because I kinda am. But, this "DLC" has somewhat familiar 'New" features (Deluge - Cannons, engineers, prettiness, and Succession - cannons) Im not entirely against this, obviously it being DLC means more constant updates and a better job, but im not happy with the fact that im paying for what otherwise is a mod.

Anyway, done being massively off topic. I will miss MM for the 100s of quality hours of play, and the simplicity and fun of its linebattles. It brings a tear to my eye knowing I want be playing it for much longer.

CHARLES111MAC said:
I heard a rumour that it come out the 16th of this month

probably to do with a article by some german organisation ... I read that somewhere but cba trawling through spam to find it, it is most definatly a rumour, considering the article was written before discussions of a release happened.

Ccharge said:
Williams_The Great said:
Remmik said:
why would MM be killed by something that is virtually identical except for being required to pay? are there ANY new features? the only thing i had heard of was naval battles, but apparently thats been axed

-Commander Battles
-New Engine
-4x Better Graphics
-New Units
-Engineer Class being able to build defensive barricades as well as have expolisves at his disposal

Graphics are fine as is, were playing warband so obviously we cant care that much.

Now, you may think im just ranting, that because I kinda am. But, this "DLC" has somewhat familiar 'New" features (Deluge - Cannons, engineers, prettiness, and Succession - cannons) Im not entirely against this, obviously it being DLC means more constant updates and a better job, but im not happy with the fact that im paying for what otherwise is a mod.

Anyway, done being massively off topic. I will miss MM for the 100s of quality hours of play, and the simplicity and fun of its linebattles. It brings a tear to my eye knowing I want be playing it for much longer.

So, Basically you just don't want the DLC at all? You just want the developers to release a big expensive patch for FREE. The developers certainly deserve this, and can actually do these things without having to worry about a tiny budget.

Clonealex said:
Ccharge said:
Williams_The Great said:
Remmik said:

-Commander Battles
-New Engine
-4x Better Graphics
-New Units

So, Basically you just don't want the DLC at all? You just want the developers to release a big expensive patch for FREE. The developers certainly deserve this, and can actually do these things without having to worry about a tiny budget.

You dancing around what im saying. The fact of the matter is that it was promised to be a patch, to a mod, not a DLC. If you have ever played Red Orchestra, this is exactly how it came to birth also, the one key diffrence being that they didnt promise the people who played the mod for unreal tournment all these fancy new skins and features.

And another thing, this "Big expensive patch", keyword "patch", is only expensive because its a DLC. because of this people have to be paid a salary. If it was a "Patch" then it would be nothing because it is developed purely from the standpoint of further enjoyment of a game already owned. Now I support somebody getting paid for their hard work, but only if it is told this hardwork is pay-to-play.

You realize vince actually built a completely new game engine for this right? To do so never would have been possible without support from taleworlds and paradox which in turn necessitated a small price being placed on the game. Furthermore, it would appear that you are burying your argument within the ill-defined confines of what constitutes a "mod" versus "DLC". The fact of the matter is that the level to which the new expansion has been developed and the resources that were invested into it must be reciprocated back to both the publisher as well as the developer. Mind you, we are talking about actual companies with actual employees that need to be payed. You seem upset that you were given a false impression of what the game would actually be. You expected a mod but were handed DLC. I can understand why you may be surprised at first that the game was developed farther than was originally expected but in the end this is the way forward.

Ccharge said:
Then don't pay for it. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. The MM team doesn't owe you anything. You pay, you get the results of hours of hardwork(not to mention that members of the MM team have personally spent money for development even while it was still a mod), it's as simple as that.

Even if all the features can be accomplished in a mod(which I highly doubt), they have the right to sell it because Taleworlds gave them that right and that they made everything.

Ginjar said:
You realize vince actually built a completely new game engine for this right? To do so never would have been possible without support from taleworlds and paradox which in turn necessitated a small price being placed on the game. Furthermore, it would appear that you are burying your argument within the ill-defined confines of what constitutes a "mod" versus "DLC". The fact of the matter is that the level to which the new expansion has been developed and the resources that were invested into it must be reciprocated back to both the publisher as well as the developer. Mind you, we are talking about actual companies with actual employees that need to be payed. You seem upset that you were given a false impression of what the game would actually be. You expected a mod but were handed DLC. I can understand why you may be surprised at first that the game was developed farther than was originally expected but in the end this is the way forward.

Wrong on all accounts. If Vince built a new game engine he would have built a new game, this NW is a DLC, therefore it is built on the Warband engine. He has expanded upon the warband engine, he has edited it yet he has not actually created a new engine, therefore this is giving the wrong impression.

TheFlyingFishey said:
Crusader, you're just helping whoever's losing the argument at the moment, arn't you  :mrgreen:

o_O ... I thought it was just fact Vince hasn't created a new engine considering he's using the warband engine ... thought that was just logic, also not warband will be making a patch the same time NW is released ... so it will have all the stuff that is changed in it anyway ... so its far from a new engine.

TheFlyingFishey said:
Crusader, you're just helping whoever's losing the argument at the moment, arn't you  :mrgreen:

Havent read the past pages of, IM RIGHT, YOUR WRONG, over and over.

People need to learn to read up on things before they post them, he was utterly wrong and hes just giving a false impression, he needsto check to make sure he was 100% right before he posted, in fact it turned out he was 100% wrong.

As Kator said they are releasing a new warband patch at the same time as NW. I woul suggest people get their e-peens out the way and actually think before they reply to anything, otherwise this thread will just become more pointless than it already is. Its a funeral thread not a discussion about the patch thread  :roll:

Back
Top Bottom