Metal, metal, metal

Users who are viewing this thread

Nahkuri said:
After Black Album maybe, but there's some pretty good goddamn solos in the 80's albums. And I don't even generally like Kirk Hammet's style or solos in general. I can't remember too much of Kill 'Em All's solos. I think they were pretty much just wankery, but the three great ones have pretty good ones. My favourites :

Ride the Lightning
Creeping Death
Call of Ktulu
Master of Puppets
Sanitarium(the third one is meh, the others are quite possibly my all time favourite Kirk solos)
Disposable Heroes
Blackened
...and Justice for All

Sure, Kirk has some good or even great solos, Fade to black is my personal favorite, but Imo even before the wah-wah plague started his style was mostly to spam notes here and there which didn't add anything to the songs

Just been listening to some of the songs from Sabatons new The Last Stand album. The one's i've heard so far are pretty awful. For the songs Sparta & Rorke's drift they've got this annoying electronic vocal distorter than only worked with their previous work Night Witches. On the song The Last Battle the keyboard seemed to drown out the other instruments which was rather poor-sounding. All the songs sound so samey, there's barely anything memorable in them.

McBeverage said:
Amorphis is doing a US tour soon, I'm going to see em in Chicago late March.  Call it a belated birthday present I suppose.  :grin: :grin: :grin:

I want to go see them. Under the Red Cloud was the best album they've done in years.

*takes notes for Metallica and Slayer and Megadeth*

Came across a lovely doomy sort of metal (metal? hard rock?) act lately.

They're dangerously close to edging out Visigoth for my favourite "new" band.

Tuesday night I saw Fallujah, Between the Buried and Me, and Devin Townsend- holy **** was that a fun concert.

But as much as I love DTP, BtBaM stole the show. They probably had the best live sound of any (metal) band I've seen- everything was incredibly balanced, to the point where you could hear each individual part even if you were standing under a giant monitor. Unlike Fallujah (and, to a lesser extent, DTP), the bass drum wasn't cranked up to the point where it muddied up everything else, which was a pleasant surprise. They might not have played everything perfectly, but I'll take that over poorly mixed sound any day.

EZyI_.jpg

Ever since Feragorn posted that av-tatar video I can't stop listening to these guys.

Samurai used guns all the time though.

Started listening to Blind Guardian again after forgetting them for many years, Night At The Opera is so damn good.

The first song of my band's upcoming EP is up for listening. Go check it out, and tell others to go check it out.

http://www.nocleansinging.com/2016/09/26/an-ncs-premiere-sepulchral-curse-envisioned-in-scars/

Back
Top Bottom