Message Log Overkill

Users who are viewing this thread

Mooncabbage

Sergeant
I'm currently fighting a siege (defending my town of Dorcester against an army 1200 strong), and it's giving some error:

Code:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE -2147482141: Invalid Troop ID: 1719; LINE NO: 2:
At Mission Template mst_castle_attack_walls_ladder trigger no: 44 consequences.

My problem is not with the error itself, but with the fact it keeps repeating, over and over and over again. It fills up my entire screen to the point where I can't see anything. Is there any way to disable all messages, or change the way they are displayed? This is horrible, it's like trying to fight with a book strapped to your face.

I rather doubt it, but I suppose it's possible. Actually even though I originally thought it was related to the siege, it continued in later battles. Find out tomorrow if a restart fixed it.

Are your movable ladders working alright, I can't remember if that is the same error as an untested movable ladder. If you walk through a movable ladder thats what it is and the only way  to possibly fix that is through edit mode, edit mode is your problem.

It would seem not. It'd be nice if you could just disable the message overlay entirely, I'd rather have no feedback at all than have my screen entirely obscured.

Mooncabbage said:
I'm currently fighting a siege (defending my town of Dorcester against an army 1200 strong), and it's giving some error:

Code:
SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE -2147482141: Invalid Troop ID: 1719; LINE NO: 2:

My problem is not with the error itself, but with the fact it keeps repeating, over and over and over again. It fills up my entire screen to the point where I can't see anything. Is there any way to disable all messages, or change the way they are displayed? This is horrible, it's like trying to fight with a book strapped to your face.

I ONLY get this after the first 1024 kills of my force, usually attacking, during a seige.  Just bring at least 1K troops to a seige and let them die to reproduce.  You then get message buffer problems the rest of the game session UNTIL you exit Warband:Brytenwalda and reload Mount and Blade, after which its fixed until the next time more than 1024 die in a single seige.

Once in awhile it clears up spontaneously, if I retreat for example it may clear.

---
  Another bug people think cant be solved is when there is a tournament in a coastal town, and the menu for options doesnt allow you to leave because there are too many choices to fit on screen and "leave" isnt a displayed choice.  Not to worry, enter a tournament and immediately decide to leave it, and one less choice is given on  the menu.  "Leave" now has room to display, and you can get back to more important decisions than how to struggle with the user interface.

Not to hijack the thread, but I sure wish o wish I could ESC out of working for a village instead of losing 3 days for a loaf of bread and possible faction boost.  I'm about ready to burn the village I mis-clicked by 3 days, especially if I am in enemy territory and sleepily click the bottom "leave", woops I'm working for the village, drats...

Mooncabbage said:
It would seem not. It'd be nice if you could just disable the message overlay entirely, I'd rather have no feedback at all than have my screen entirely obscured.
You should be able to disable all the messages except for the "You have won the battle!" and the script errors from the in-game menu.

Back
Top Bottom