Mercia is suspicious towards me for no reasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello

After actively kicking the but of some Scotti raiders and outlaws in Ireland in order to raise some level and get some decent loot for my heroes, I decided to go see the Dena Pirates to see how manly they are now that I have some decent heroes.
On my way to the East I decided to do some minerals trading from Wales to Mercia. When I arrived in Mercia the cities just wouldnt open their doors to me. It says that Mercia is suspicious towards me.

What is it due to? My religion? The fact that I loose honor when I attack bandits? Also I was attacked by Without Master Engle Lame Infantry and kicked them, does it influence my relation with engle nations? I can still enter in all other towns besides Mercia. This is wierd. Their nobles dont attack me though.

Also anybody knows how I could tweak the game so that factions would not be all at war with each others?

How it happened doesn't really matter. Just pay one of the lords for a pardon (just a few hundred schillingas) and you're good.

Interceptor_II said:
Did you slaughter some pagan priests  or take some bad action against pagan religion during random events ?  :lol:
Oh yeah probably. I didnt attack pagan priest but I might have reacted not positively enough to paganism in those random events. I try to pick the easiest solution as I dunno yet which side I am gonna join etc. Also I dont execute my soldiers who rape peasants passing close to villages. I only give them a light slashing.

How come Mercia is pagan, while everyone in their area is Christian? Their geographical situation make me think that Mercians are the rednecks of Brytenwalda :smile:

arsenic_vengeur said:
How come Mercia is pagan, while everyone in their area is Christian? Their geographical situation make me think that Mercians are the rednecks of Brytenwalda :smile:
Penda was Pybba's offspring, Pybba was Cryda's offspring, Cryda Cynewald's offspring, Cynewald Cnebba's offspring, Cnebba Icel's offspring, Icel Eomer's offspring, Eomer Angeltheow's offspring, Angeltheow Offa's offspring, Offa Wermund's offspring, Wermund Wihtlaeg's offspring, Wihtlaeg Woden's offspring

Woden was the Saxon god, before Christ corrupted the world. Therefore, Penda still honored his ancestors.
But still, Penda allowed christian heretics to roam around in his lands, so to be fully historical accurate, helping
christians wouldn't make Penda bothered, but going against Pagan priests would make him angry.

Penda was the last Pagan King on the Brittish Island.

Froggystyle said:
arsenic_vengeur said:
Penda was Pybba's offspring, Pybba was Cryda's offspring, Cryda Cynewald's offspring, Cynewald Cnebba's offspring, Cnebba Icel's offspring, Icel Eomer's offspring, Eomer Angeltheow's offspring, Angeltheow Offa's offspring, Offa Wermund's offspring, Wermund Wihtlaeg's offspring, Wihtlaeg Woden's offspring

Woden was the Saxon god, before Christ corrupted the world. Therefore, Penda still honored his ancestors.
But still, Penda allowed christian heretics to roam around in his lands, so to be fully historical accurate, helping
christians wouldn't make Penda bothered, but going against Pagan priests would make him angry.

Lol do you seriously believe in that "i am the son of Woden" crap?

arsenic_vengeur said:
Froggystyle said:
arsenic_vengeur said:

Lol do you seriously believe in that "i am the son of Woden" crap?

I think he was just quoting what Penda claimed, which was something common back than.  It was easy to tell the uneducated and superstitious masses that you are god's (in this case Wodan's) offspring.  Actually quite similar to what that Jesus fellow claimed:wink:

Indeed, I spoke from a different perspective.

But I believe stories about Woden/Oden isn't based on nothing,
it's stories based on real men, great warriors, who people have embraced as
gods. Stories that have passed on through generations.
Spiced or nerfed, depending on the story teller.

So, Penda can be the last offspring of Woden, but Woden doesn't necessarily have to be a God.
A spoken story always change more then a written story.

The same way as the stories in the bible were made. They were spoken stories/tales long before
they reached any parchment.

As a Christian I believe in the bible and all that stuff. But even if I wasn't I still have to admit that there has to be some corelation between the different religions. For example, Noah's Ark: big bad flood with few survivors. Greek mythology: big bad flood with few survivors. Eve - a woman (no sexism) - dooms mankind by eating something forbidden. Pandora - a woman - dooms mankind by opening something forbidden. I'm not saying that these events literally happened to the letter but I am saying that the similarities and the consistencies between the lore is likely to have some grains of truth at the least.

Oh damn I just started writing this to agree with the above post and it's turned into its own phylosophical point of view. I need some wood.

Yap.  When you look at Germanic paganism, Roman/Greek paganism and then Christianity, Islam etc., there is definitely some copy right infringement.

Bosnacium666 said:
Yap.  When you look at Germanic paganism, Roman/Greek paganism and then Christianity, Islam etc., there is definitely some copy right infringement.
Sigged.

I play as a vassal of East Seaxna. Once upon a time I niticed lords attitude to me start decreasing. Now The worst is a kings attitude "antagonistic". I didn't  kill pagan priests, rage villges, only kill a few lords (dont remeber their faith).
I've look through other lords from other factions - everyone at least hateful towards me

Yeah there is actually. I recently discovered it myself. In the main menu click 'New Game' and follow the prompts.

Edit:+50 points for first post on page 2!

Back
Top Bottom