Mercenaries, which ones are best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Deathwolf669

Recruit
Ok I have just come back to the game after a bit of a break and I have notices the mercs are not as good as they were, has there been a change?

Also which mercs are the best Marksmen now? I thought it was the European ones.

Which are the best Cav? I cant remember the ones I used to have.

Cossacks are the best marksmen both their riflemen  and cav.  Their upgradeable equipment is not great.
Polish have the best heavy cav and Tartars the best light cav. Awesome upgradeable armor for Poles.
Muscovites have the strongest Infantry by far
Europeans are well rounded and have excellent upgrades (probably the strongest over-all)

I agree with you other then Polish heavy cavalry. The soldiers themselves are the best but for mercenaries close but not as good.

Polish Mercenary Cavalryman (Elite)

Stats:
STR - 11
AGI - 12

Proficiency:
1H - 128
PA - 118
FA - 86
2H - 108
AC - 67

Skills:
IF - 4
PS - 4
PD - 4
WM - 6
AT - 1
HA - 4

European Mercenary Cavalryman (Elite)

Stats:
STR - 13
AGI - 9

Proficiency: 
1H - 136
PA - 126
FA - 97
2H - 116
AC - 0

Skills:
IF - 5
PS - 4
PD - 0
WM - 6
AT - 0
HA - 5

As for equipment Polish armour is a little better while the European ranged and 1 handed weapons are better.

SO using both European and Cossack marksman is a good combination same as using Polish and European cav to finish off the ranks.

QWW said:
I agree with you other then Polish heavy cavalry. The soldiers themselves are the best but for mercenaries close but not as good.

Stats:
STR - 11
AGI - 12

Proficiency:
1H - 128
PA - 118
FA - 86
2H - 108
AC - 67

Skills:
IF - 4
PS - 4
PD - 4
WM - 6
AT - 1
HA - 4

Stats:
STR - 13
AGI - 9

Proficiency: 
1H - 136
PA - 126
FA - 97
2H - 116
AC - 0

Skills:
IF - 5
PS - 4
PD - 0
WM - 6
AT - 0
HA - 5

As for equipment Polish armour is a little better while the European ranged and 1 handed weapons are better.

Thanks Qww very detailed....can't argue with that.

Deathwolf669 said:
SO using both European and Cossack marksman is a good combination same as using Polish and European cav to finish off the ranks.

I'd go with European musketeers their equipment puts them above the rest. And Polish and European cavalry are the best. And with the infantry, that's more of what you like. I love the European equipment but their stats are outmatched by the Muscovite. I myself usually just go with European mercenaries until it runs out.

Kendoman said:
QWW said:

Stats:
STR - 11
AGI - 12

Proficiency:
1H - 128
PA - 118
FA - 86
2H - 108
AC - 67

Skills:
IF - 4
PS - 4
PD - 4
WM - 6
AT - 1
HA - 4

Stats:
STR - 13
AGI - 9

Proficiency: 
1H - 136
PA - 126
FA - 97
2H - 116
AC - 0

Skills:
IF - 5
PS - 4
PD - 0
WM - 6
AT - 0
HA - 5

Thanks Qww very detailed....can't argue with that.

No problem. :smile:

One thing I never got was why they called them "European" Mercenaries. I mean, doesn't the whole game take place in Europe?  Since when have Poles, Cossacks, and Russians not been European?  :razz:

Would've been better, imo, if the devs had named them something like "Swedish Mercenaries" (I'm just saying that because their camp is in Swedish territory, and their equipment is more similar to that being worn by the Swedish troops).

Doesn't anyone else find that a bit odd?

VN-Killah said:
One thing I never got was why they called them "European" Mercenaries. I mean, doesn't the whole game take place in Europe?  Since when have Poles, Cossacks, and Russians not been European?  :razz:

Would've been better, imo, if the devs had named them something like "Swedish Mercenaries" (I'm just saying that because their camp is in Swedish territory, and their equipment is more similar to that being worn by the Swedish troops).

Ever thought they could be mercs from all over the region?

Deathwolf669 said:
VN-Killah said:

Ever thought they could be mercs from all over the region?

Sure, but seeing as how they use primarily Swedish equipment (like the Bodyguards Camosile, Cabasset, etc) and their location, I assumed they were meant to be region specific.

Deathwolf669 said:

Where can I find EUROPEAN mercs? Only found Swedish, also, never saw the European Musquet as an upgrade option for any mercs...

xdj1nn said:
Deathwolf669 said:

Where can I find EUROPEAN mercs? Only found Swedish, also, never saw the European Musquet as an upgrade option for any mercs...

Same thing, they are the mercs in the Swedish area, they are just called European.

VN-Killah said:

I think they are referring to Western Europe instead of Europe.

If you love smashing or ''driving'' trough people i would choose Polish Winged Hussars. They are deadly :wink:

@EDIT:

The only thing that is stupid about Hussars is that they have their long lances (or copies, whatever they are called in English), and they are kind of useless when attacking the castle. But you can always go to Polish Mercenary Camps (or something like that, there should be one near Warsaw) and then you buy heavy cavalry and Hussars armor and all equipment and you give them swords and shields.

So if you mix both types of ''Hussars'' you get nearly impossible to kill army ;D

Its my opinion that WFaS is the subject of much bias and historical inaccuracy...professional soldiers of the period did not come to battle so lightly...and were marked to take much for their own, only salted cossacks and elite units were a match.

Back
Top Bottom