MENU Pics....pls help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Ciao Hinky!
Hope you did not forget your old friend gabby (remember your old great vids for 1755?? :cool: )
I d need your Artistic taste to make a : "1860's Old America" load screen and main menu pics....cuz it will not be just a ACW mod anymore....
I d love the theme being based on different historical charachters faces on the top and a wild typical old american panorama (like in my 1755 pics, see?)
So on top, from left to right, (west to east, hehe) having:
1860's look Mexican outlaw+Maximillian French Soldier+Cowboy (Wrc look, hehe) +Plains Indian, Federal soldier/officer and....finally on the far east, a Confederate soldier/officer
TOO DIFFICULT??? :cool:
EDIT:
He did it!!!  :mrgreen:
testscreen1.jpg

Thx sooo much, mate!
Gabby

A funny way to quote me Gab.. :grin:

I don't know about your suggestion, could be hard to edit into a good looking main menu pic. But I can try :smile:

Hah! What are you? Speedy Gonzales??? :shock: jjeees...how fast.. :cool:
It is very nice, indeed...but I think the left side where those green soldiers are is not as wanderful as the rest....and may be also the "western" space is very limited by the small images and the menu sheet.
Is too much orientated on the ACW, a little...yes?
But you got my idea COMPLETELY! :wink:

Can we have kind of a couple of chances?

I have same tastes as you, anyway, about those old paintings (oh, about western Charles Russel has great indian fighting painting scenes!)

Take your time, Hinky....you dont have to stress yourself too much!
Gab

Kegger said:
GABRILDURO said:
Hah! What are you? Speedy Gonzales??? :shock: jjeees...how fast.. :cool:
That's what she said.
HAHAHAHAHAH :mrgreen: !!!! No no no....Hink....didn t mean "that" ! .... :lol:

@ CUSTER
Dear Autie, and everybody on the forum:
ok, Hinkel is a top artist, but will not get offended if some of you will add THEIR attempt as well, right Hink? :wink:
Just pls keep THAT "lay-out" of the pic, mixing things from West to east (oh, gosh....I forgot Canadians on the north!!!!!!!   :oops: ) and remember that I like more enphasis not most on the CW but on the wild western (indians/settlers/cowboys) aspect of the whole thing, ....hehehe, you know me :roll:

Thx Hinkel & Custer....but also to anybody that will want to try to give us their "creation" about this issue :lol:
Please do not put ANY version (alpha, 0,1, etc) cuz we would have to change it often at the beginning  :oops: :oops: (you know....v. 0,1...0,2...)
Gabby

GABRILDURO said:
@ CUSTER
Dear Autie, and everybody on the forum:
ok, Hinkel is a top artist, but will not get offended if some of you will add THEIR attempt as well, right Hink? :wink:

Of course, critic is always welcomed! :wink:
I will work on it later and will make it a bit less civil war heavy :grin:

GABRILDURO said:
Well, yes...I wanted to remove that strong Civil War ONLY athmosphere that is still in old Menu loading Pics...and some are still from 1755... :???:
I miss Pogo pics...remember them?  :wink:
Gab

No I don't but let me see what I can dig up ok? I'll send stuff if I find it. I like the main screen up above but let me find some stuff that fits the whole character of the mod. I'll post what I find here.

Auldman said:
GGhhh sorry...didn t see them!  :oops:
Some are nice, really.
We should limit them to 1860/69 or before though.
POGO is my old Mate that put ALL pics in 1755....see? A great taste that always met mine, as well...and took care of the whole thing.
Pics in 1755 are so "athmospheric" and related to the "moment". Ever seen when captured by Indians??  :cool:
Gab
WRC might be our man on that issue.... :twisted:

GABRILDURO said:
Auldman said:
Some are nice, really.
POGO is my old Mate that put ALL pics in 1755....see? A great taste that always met mine, as well...and took care of the whole thing.
Pics in 1755 are so "athmospheric" and related to the "moment". Ever seen when captured by Indians??  :cool:
Gab
Hehe,I found some pics but I'm not sure they are appropriate for the mod,since it's really hard to find some picture which represents all sides from the mod!
I'll post some later and you're right,pics from 1775 are amazing!

wrc said:
GABRILDURO said:
Auldman said:
Some are nice, really.
Gab
Hehe,I found some pics but I'm not sure they are appropriate for the mod,since it's really hard to find some picture which represents all sides from the mod!
I'll post some later and you're right,pics from 1775 are amazing!
They were all from one of my first Team Mates ever: POGO !
He had same tastes I have and was enough to just ask him one thing....that he d have the best pic in a couple of days for you!!  :cool:
Pogo left after few months of work together and....we never had high level pics anymore... :cry:
You are the closest to his style, taste and....nationality. I am sure you could solve that part of the modding (menu and general pics)
Gabby
PS looking farward to see them!!  :lol:

Hah!!
You bad guy!!!  :twisted:
I bet she is .."wanted" ...huh??

Hehehehehe

Gabby

EDIT: ...and she is from the Lonestar Texas ....look at her cute belly button piercing!! :grin:

Great pics Radetzky,I like the last one.Here is some pics I found interesting.They can be enlarged of course.
Pay attention to the guy in the center of the first pic,he uses his rifle as a melee weapon.Epic. :lol:
02.jpg

03.jpg

Will post more later.

Very nice ones, both Raddy and WRC.
I agree on last of Raddy as the best (I dislike old grey pics, it is just me....I like colors!  :oops:) and I love all WRCs (that colored/painted/action style!  :cool: ) but they are all about 1870/80s ...... :cry:
Look at the revolvers. They are the 1873 Frontier Colt.
If we want to be HISTORICAL we need to show 1860/69 (or earlier) pics, see?
But I love your taste guys.
And, hey! That s Charles Russel in late 1880s showing his painting in the Saloon  :wink:
I love all Charles Russel, SHreyvogel and Remington paintings, actually ...and I got 2 huge books about Russel and Remington works, from my ex american wife, as Christmas presents, in the past.... :twisted:
Gabby

I m going through this issue as well, now.
Many pics from 1866 and the ones up above need to be added.

I already have an idea of what to add/fix or make brand new.
Anyone helping out poor me?!  :eek:

Gab

Here Gabby, you asked me to post this:

14thBrooklynSkirmish.jpg

More of this unit to be found here:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,241023.0.html

http://www.14thnysm.com/forum/m/8251679/viewthread/4419023-pictures-14th-nysm-brooklyn-post-em

Sorry, 14th, for tossing the links around freely here, actually still pondering to join you, but I fear I am too much of a casual player to join a regiment.

I think I can design an new loading screen for you, I am bored from the old one, send you tomorrow some pics!

EDIT: Here it is the loading screen again, click on it to go fullscreen:

uploaded it on 2 websites, hope it works!

See you,

Harlef, 24.11.2012

I honestly like a lot the Menu Pic that HINKEL made expecially for me as a present, see... :oops:

Urs is different than my taste, and some cowboy pics are around 80s more than 60s.
....and NO indians are there!  :shock:

Let s see what people think:  :wink:

Gabby

Back
Top Bottom