mbcalc - version 1.0

Users who are viewing this thread

HardCode

Master Knight
This little app lets you calculate weight and cost for weapons and armor. The calculations for armor are close to native on cost, but less weight. The weapons are close to native on weight, but more cost. I feel the difference between Native weapons cost is too low from armor cost. Either way, it will make your mod have a consistent distribution of weight and cost for your items.

.NET Framework 2.0 required.

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=3&id=1305

I just checked this out and it is pretty neat, nice work.  I had been wanting to write something similar to this and the plan was to have it go through module_items.py and re-calculate all cost/weights automatically since its a major pain to do it manually...    Some constructive feedback for this program would be...

1) allow the formula to be changed in a configuration file or something like that
2) fix the tab-order
3) allow this to re-calculate everything and update an items file  :wink:

Hey, waddaya want for 12:30 am? :wink:

I want to tweak the formula, and perhaps make it dynamic. I want to scan module_items.py, so maybe it'd be easier to write this in Python ... I've never used Python yet. I don't want to write a text parser for the module file :smile:

Oooh, it's very spiffy!  :wink:

But yeah, do what Hokie said, it'd help a lot.

EDIT: Something for ranged weapons (as in javelins, throwing axes and arrows etc) would be nice, as I don't think treating them as normal weapons would do any good.

True. 3000 denar javelins wouldn't make much sense.

FYI, the armor calculation values were based using Native's Plate Armor. The cost is close, but the weight is less (18.0 vs. 25.0), which I think is fine because with all items weighted equally, everyone will move faster equally. I'll look into the dynamic values soon.

Back
Top Bottom