Managing a town's economy

Users who are viewing this thread

I can confirm that a village needs 3500 gold to raise its prosperity by one point (only 3000 gold is removed however)

The economy ain't that bad. You will see plenty of richish villages if you don't go to war for aeons.

Captain_Octavius said:
Quests have a global countdown timer, not a timer per village.
I think something is busted with my game then. I can get at least three quests in a row from Emirin (Maybe more, I got tired after the first two.) I think I got maybe one quest from one of my two fiefs maybe.. well, I think I remember getting ONE at least. I checked another village at random.. quest! But do the two villages I care about have anything for me to do? NOOOOO.

Captain_Octavius said:
Buying their goods help, if their amount of money gets over 3000/3500 (can't remember which one) the money is removed and a prosperity point is added.
Question: how long does it take before this happens? Because it seems like the armour/arms merchants in the towns I buy expensive equipment from always have thousands of denars.

@Fradner: You can get the three different quests from any (or the same) village in a row, but the individual quests have timers. So you can't get a "get us some grain" quest three times in a row normally.

@Blackfish: the 3000/3500 only works for villages, towns have something different, like 1500+Prosperity*45. I can't remember the exact numbers, I'll try look them up again. I do believe its only the goods merchant too

I had Jamiche which was poor from the beggining. I started buyimg all their stuff and doing quests for the village elder, and now, one month after, they are a rich fief.
I dunno if my methods worked, or an act of randomness helped me out, but it worked so im glad.

The answer is pretty simple: Not even using Diplomacy Mod to lower the taxes help to increase prosperity. The fact is, the only thing will give you money are corporations, sea raiders and wars.

- Build velvet corporations on every town but Jelkala, there you build leather.
- Equip very well your companions so you can go with just them after sea raiders... Much more loot, good loot.
- Own only towns. No villages, castles, etc. Everything adds to tax inefficiency (Dilpmacy Mod has the option to give up fiefs to your King so you don't need to own the village you received at the beginning anymore or maybe the castle that you capture to gather troops to march to a town)
- Don't use top tier troops on their garrisons... use some militia like nords and some good archers like rhodok ones. Prefer number over quality in this case.

That's how I do it.

Anything you try to do to improve your town or villages prosperity will do too little good and take too much time and effort to be worth it.

estevesbk said:
Anything you try to do to improve your town or villages prosperity will do too little good and take too much time and effort to be worth it.
But.. but.. that goes against everything I know about games. :sad:

Fradener said:
estevesbk said:
But.. but.. that goes against everything I know about games. :sad:

Yeah, but keep in mind that each game has its own mechs, for good or for bad. When you begin to understand better Warband's mechs for somethings, you realize what should you care more and less. And let me tell you, the prosperity of my towns is at the top bottom of my lists about what should I most care on my game. If they don't prosper, I will do as I said on the above post and get money anyway.

I would say this is for bad. If you put that much effort in to something, by God, you should see a return on it!

And building velvetworks everywhere seems gamey. :/

Also, I already have over a hundred end-tier troops, what am I supposed to do with them all? I paid a lot of money to upgrade them, I can't just.. throw them away! :sad:

Fradener said:
Also, I already have over a hundred end-tier troops, what am I supposed to do with them all? I paid a lot of money to upgrade them, I can't just.. throw them away! :sad:

Put them to work.  If there isn't a war on, go bandit harvesting.  Put most of them in a garrison to save on wages and food costs.  Then take a small cavalry out so you can catch them faster.  Even if you don't have prisoner management the loot alone will quickly pay for the army.

Okay, but how do I get rid of them? I wish I could sell them at 25% markup of the cost it took to train them (Maybe 40% if you factor in training time, my time is very valuable after all, and my insights many, these are the best quality troops, I guarantee it-)[/salesmanpitch]

I guess I could make them fight hopeless odds to kill them off but that seems only slightly less a waste than just disbanding them right out.

Fradener said:
Okay, but how do I get rid of them? I wish I could sell them at 25% markup of the cost it took to train them (Maybe 40% if you factor in training time, my time is very valuable after all, and my insights many, these are the best quality troops, I guarantee it-)[/salesmanpitch]

You can trade some of them for experience points if you can find nobles with training quests.  If you're a king you can give them to a vassal so they'll at least do you some good.

Yeah but they tend to only ask for like 5 guys, and so far I think I've only seen them ask for Knights. I've got Sergeants and Sharpshooters too!

Does anyone know if it's possible in any way to change the base productivity of a village by modding? I suspect upping it significantly would decrease price levels in villages, and alleviate the problem of villages dragging down the prosperity of adjacent towns (making villages producers, rather than consumers draining the wealth of a town).

there is another way purposely increase the price of one product needed by the town also make sure that the merchant have the enough money or goods for trading or buying this will force the game to make caravans go to your town because of the profit they will get from a high price goods

Back
Top Bottom