Man shoots 900lb Gator near Dallas, Texas

Users who are viewing this thread

:lol: Yes, because 5-15 people a decade constitutes a new diet for an entire population.

And sharks have killed, on average, more per decade. Which is funny, considering you said:

Winterz said:
An alligator is much more agressive than a shark.
Unless a shark is hungry or feeling threatened, he won't kill you, maybe not even attack you.
An alligator will kill you just to don't have to look at your face anymore.

Winterz said:
An alligator is much more agressive than a shark.
Unless a shark is hungry or feeling threatened, he won't kill you, maybe not even attack you.
An alligator will kill you just to don't have to look at your face anymore.

You do understand how sharks hunt, oh wait no you don't.

They are always feeding, hunting and moving, they will attack if they think it is prey, they don't act like reptiles, as reptiles can laze around for most of the day.

Alligators tend to be pretty laid back, though they can be temperamental when provoked. While a crocodile will go out of it's way to eat someone who's pissed it off, alligators prefer to kill only in their comfort zone. Most attacks on people happen because they are behaving in a manner similar to a prey animal attempting to drink from the alligator's pond or stream. There's little reason for a reptile to differentiate between humans and deer, so you take your life into your own hands if you go wandering around their ambush zones.

Directly on topic: It sucks that they killed it, but most rednecks have very little respect for the world around them. I hope they at least sell the rest of it, as the meat, skin, and bones are all quite useful.

Magorian Aximand said:
:lol: Yes, because 5-15 people a decade constitutes a new diet for an entire population.

And sharks have killed, on average, more per decade. Which is funny, considering you said:

Seriously? That from a "Master debater"... Quite disappointing

Those are the most report cases. Also just because a "contracted killer" kills more people than a Psychopath serial killer, does this mean the first is more agressive than the second?
There are thousands of Shakr attacks every years. Most of the times, they bite just to see what you are, sometimes confusing surfers with seals, but generally they just leave some tough bites.
When a crocodillan attacks, it is to kill, even if he has his stomach full. The survivors of those attacks are normally because they manage to escape.

@Burgass, you picture Sharks like ultimate killing machines. You think all Sharks are like Jaws? Lul, smart boy. It's you who has no clue of how Sharks work. And why the **** are you talking about reptiles ? What's next? Animalia Kingdom?

@Shatari, your wishes weren't exactly heard, the idiot lawyer who killed the alligator already said he was going to put him in a wall.

Winterz said:
@Burgass, you picture Sharks like ultimate killing machines. You think all Sharks are like Jaws? Lul, smart boy. It's you who has no clue of how Sharks work. And why the **** are you talking about reptiles ? What's next? Animalia Kingdom?

I ****ing compared Reptiles because an ALLIGATOR IS A ****ING REPTILE YOU MORON.

/facepalm, so are they from Animalia Kingdom.

When generalizing reptiles, you are like comparing small pet lizards with a crocodilian.

You were the one claiming that the alligators were far more aggressive. The facts don't agree with you. And I was quoting fatal shark attacks, you know, not the little nips. The ones where people die. You might have been tipped off by my wording. "And sharks have killed, on average, more per decade." You can't just assert that alligators are more aggressive. You need to demonstrate it. You can't just assert that they're larger from eating humans, and that they eat many of them. You need to demonstrate it. And if you're going to make claims that are so consistently contradicted by facts, you're going to need to be okay with being laughed at.

List of fatal alligator attacks in the US.

List of fatal, unprovoked shark attacks in the US.

Wiki article on alligators which says, "Alligators are generally timid towards humans and tend to walk or swim away if one approaches."

Winterz said:
When generalizing reptiles, you are like comparing small pet lizards with a crocodilian.

Well if you have no sense of interpretation then yes, but if that is the case, then you shouldn't be allowed to pass on your seed.

Burgass said:
Winterz said:

I ******** compared Reptiles because an ALLIGATOR IS A ******** REPTILE YOU MORON.
QFT.
I don't think you can beat his point Winterz; Alligators are indeed reptiles.  :lol:
But yeah; Magorian was pretty right with what he said.

In any case: There could be various reasons for the beast's size, but the most obvious one is probably its greater age. Reptiles in general don't have a strong limit on their possible size & age

Magorian Aximand said:
You were the one claiming that the alligators were far more aggressive. The facts don't agree with you. And I was quoting fatal shark attacks, you know, not the little nips. The ones where people die. You might have been tipped off by my wording. "And sharks have killed, on average, more per decade." You can't just assert that alligators are more aggressive. You need to demonstrate it. You can't just assert that they're larger from eating humans, and that they eat many of them. You need to demonstrate it. And if you're going to make claims that are so consistently contradicted by facts, you're going to need to be okay with being laughed at.

You know what? I don't think any of us can prove our point. Mostly because when we talk about alligators we are being very specific. When we talk about sharks we're generalizing thousands of species. There isn't any article saying that Sharks are more agressive than Alligators just like there isn't one saying the contrary. But there are several articles saying that "Most sharks are less agressive than alligators" and other articles saying that "Some sharks are more agressive than alligators".
What you proved there was only that alligators aren't that agressive. I can also put here several Shakr species that are even harmless to humans.

@Burgass, what you said, was still wrong. It's like being talking about some german shepard and then move on and start using the word "dogs". Interpretation? You believe too much on it....too many shark movies, burg-ass.

"They are always feeding, hunting and moving"

:lol:

So are most fishes. That means they are agressive or even killing machines?  :lol:

Winterz said:
Magorian Aximand said:

You know what? I don't think any of us can prove our point. Mostly because when we talk about alligators we are being very specific. When we talk about sharks we're generalizing thousands of species. There isn't any article saying that Sharks are more agressive than Alligators just like there isn't one saying the contrary. But there are several articles saying that "Most sharks are less agressive than alligators" and other articles saying that "Some sharks are more agressive than alligators".
What you proved there was only that alligators aren't that agressive. I can also put here several Shakr species that are even harmless to humans.

@Burgass, what you said, was still wrong. It's like being talking about some german shepard and then move on and start using the word "dogs". Interpretation? You believe too much on it....too many shark movies, burg-ass.

So are most fishes. That means they are agressive or even killing machines?  :lol:

I would sig this whole damn thing if I could. Winterz at his Winterziest.

Winterz said:

So are most fishes.

Yes most fish do this, it's called survival, oh and most of them need to do it to allow water to move through their gills.

Oh and you know that thing about moving targets?

Winterz said:
You know what? I don't think any of us can prove our point.

My point is that your claims are unfounded and ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I just proved that.

Winterz said:
Mostly because when we talk about alligators we are being very specific. When we talk about sharks we're generalizing thousands of species. There isn't any article saying that Sharks are more agressive than Alligators just like there isn't one saying the contrary. But there are several articles saying that "Most sharks are less agressive than alligators" and other articles saying that "Some sharks are more agressive than alligators".

Well, the statistics I provided deal primarily with four species of shark.

You don't seem to get that I'm not attempting to prove that sharks are aggressive. I'm taking your statements, and showing you why they're wrong. You said that alligators are more aggressive than sharks. That is not true. The fact that even the most aggressive sharks don't attack amazingly often doesn't help your case at all, because it only serves to demonstrate that when alligators are responsible for less deaths it is insane to call them aggressive animals at all.

Time to cut the crap.

Winterz said:
When a crocodillan attacks, it is to kill, even if he has his stomach full. The survivors of those attacks are normally because they manage to escape.
There are some drastic differences between an actual crocodile and an alligator. You shouldn't compare croc attacks when you're trying to make an argument for gators; gators are downright lovable compared.

Winterz said:
@Shatari, your wishes weren't exactly heard, the idiot lawyer who killed the alligator already said he was going to put him in a wall.
Yeah, but I'm hoping he doesn't waste the rest of it. The article was rather vague.

Back
Top Bottom