SP Native Malik Faris's Companions and Native Enhancement [1.166]

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure if I installed this wrong but I keep getting lots of errors like there are messages that display tarrifs and other problems like the weapons smith being the bar tender.  Finally I knew something was wrong when Artemissia was a man and looked like one of the Swadian Counts Etroqs I think.

Just extract this to native folder and let it overwrite?

I use TweakMB too.

Well I installed the 1.127 patch and I got the same errors with out using TweakMB. Oh well, I'll figure it out or maybe someone else will. But there is a chance that someone else is going to have this issue.

Malik you said to try winmerge to get files together with Thicks Diplomacy + osp items mod, can you go into more depth about this? I know there is a number of us wanting your mod to be used with his.

Winmerge is pretty much selfexplained. Open this mod and the mod from Thick and look for the differences, meaning the lines of code that this mod has and thick's mod not (thick will have many lines that this mod hasn't but that's not what we are looking for) and copy and paste these lines to thicks modfiles. finished. well that's all theory but it should do the trick.

hope it's understandable  :grin:

PineTree24 said:
Malik you said to try winmerge to get files together with Thicks Diplomacy + osp items mod, can you go into more depth about this? I know there is a number of us wanting your mod to be used with his.

the problem with winmerge is its all bunch of freaking numbers, and i didnt write my companions that way so i have no idea whats mine and what isnt.

updated for version .94, and the diplomacy merge was updated too.

added like 12 more companions.... they don't really have dialog yet though.

gave some of the ladies more fuller dialog.

sleeptime.

all these new companions are really great. if you have completed the background and so for everyone maybe add a specific companion quest to each or only to some of them. that would bring even more dynamic experience and everyone loves quest :smile:

but that's really something for the finished version. good luck and keep up your nice work :smile:

Nice work, sir! Will be using these every time I play, from now on. Shame about the hardcoded limit on troop types.. Never mind, I prefer to play with just heroes anyway.

Thanks for the effort. Looking forward to updates!

I reinstalled and I got the same results. The companions appear as lords in the character list in notes and the females are males. 

I get these errors when I load my save:

Code:
Script ERROR ON OPCODE 2060: Invalid Menu ID:7660; Line No: 25 
At Simpler trigger trigger no: 4.

Code:
New tarrifs at Narra=94,total=1663 DEBUG--No third party wars for Balbanes

I submitted the errors in case anyone could explain why this mod isn't working and how to fix it plus someone else may have this problem.

And I'm using Broken One's female face mod which is bound to save game the problem persist in another fresh save too.

One thing I noticed is that it worked on a brand new save but not my old one.
I'd hate to start over again with my save considering all of the work and renown.

Malik Faris said:
by downloading the diplomacy python files, my mod was/is really easy to just add in, diplomacy didnt touch companions at all which i thought it did cause the constables and such.

I'm not sure what Python files are. What are the exact files you change or that I'd have to merge to mix with other mods? If your mod works with Diplomacy I'd have to assume it works with Diplomacy + OSP. Thank you, I'm trying so hard to play this mod!!

Lornloth00 said:
I reinstalled and I got the same results. The companions appear as lords in the character list in notes and the females are males. 

I get these errors when I load my save:

Code:
Script ERROR ON OPCODE 2060: Invalid Menu ID:7660; Line No: 25 

Code:
New tarrifs at Narra=94,total=1663 DEBUG--No third party wars for Balbanes

I submitted the errors in case anyone could explain why this mod isn't working and how to fix it plus someone else may have this problem.

And I'm using Broken One's female face mod which is bound to save game the problem persist in another fresh save too.

One thing I noticed is that it worked on a brand new save but not my old one.
I'd hate to start over again with my save considering all of the work and renown.

yeah my mod isnt save game compatible, because i added troops, that need to be generated when you start a new game. and i can pretty much guarantee the face mod is gonna completely **** the faces i designed.

PineTree24 said:
Malik Faris said:
by downloading the diplomacy python files, my mod was/is really easy to just add in, diplomacy didnt touch companions at all which i thought it did cause the constables and such.

I'm not sure what Python files are. What are the exact files you change or that I'd have to merge to mix with other mods? If your mod works with Diplomacy I'd have to assume it works with Diplomacy + OSP. Thank you, I'm trying so hard to play this mod!!

python files are how developers and modders, write and add things to the game (you can see a example in my tutorial thats in my sig). the .txt  files are what the game uses to run itself, which are mostly blocks of numbers, python is like mostly words (i.e. commands) with values (numbers, and other words)

I imported my character and tried the companions and it works now. TweakMB doesn't work so well for me with the companions but its just a minor inconvience. The 'meet the Elder' setting is buggy in it and the 'meet the guildmaster'.

Back
Top Bottom