Making new map themed off what the community wants!

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like a Permant town watch where its a faction that you can join in the commoner town you can't be a serf but its more for protection of the commoners!

No more drasitc enviormental changes like snow to sand right next to each other there doesnt always have to be a sand castle or snow one make it all european

(TWD)Tom said:
No more drasitc enviormental changes like snow to sand right next to each other there doesnt always have to be a sand castle or snow one make it all european

Yeah, wasn't always a fan of shoving every terrain type in 1 map.. Maybe if it had some flow but it just kind of ends suddenly in an area and then bam.

A Crusades themed map would be awesome.  Have the desert/badlands fade slowly into an arid forest (like that of Lebanon).  Some castles could be on the coast with moats, others could be in the desert (but on a high mountain or in an area accessible only through canyons....defensible via ambush).  In that setting the Cog ship and the Arabic one would fit too :smile:.

Skot the Sanguine said:
A Crusades themed map would be awesome.  Have the desert/badlands fade slowly into an arid forest (like that of Lebanon).  Some castles could be on the coast with moats, others could be in the desert (but on a high mountain or in an area accessible only through canyons....defensible via ambush).  In that setting the Cog ship and the Arabic one would fit too :smile:.

I would like that. I was thinking of trying out to make a map

Citizen_Kane said:
Skot the Sanguine said:

I would like that. I was thinking of trying out to make a map

There's already one.

Check the Knowledge Base.

Also, iKnow someone's making a map that inclues Jerusalem.

Citizen_Kane said:
Your trying to put my hopes down EH? Nah just kidding and wasn't that map for the EU server?

Perhaps; but iThink there's a DL for it regardless. Come to think of it, I think it was for an older server which has since passed on or sits at around the 0 player mark all day long, its rise and fall apparently having occurred during my hiatus.

You know I was thinking of making a thread like this because I was thinking of making a map. So I guess I don't need to make on because I already have this. But What i want to know is what type of format you guys like the map in. Like no parts of the map divided with a sort of crossing? Majority sea or land? You guys really have to give the layout.

Think of the good older maps like VooS and whatever splints map was called, one River dividing the map mainly land with a ,puntian or mountianious area like a ridge line or something, personally I like thick forest always good for well any thing, and just since I think its cool hidden secert spots, and villages stealing this idea from azy instead of castles some factions should just have a village with buildable defenses and since it is doesnt have the tactical agvantage that I big stone wall does mies and wood cutting areeas should be close by and have a high selling point their compared to a castle (personally a village inside a thick forest would be epic to me)

I can say that this is difficult. It seams clear that you need one main town (VoS) to get ppl together but you also need to provide some areas for ppl who do not like to be together. The very fact that mod develop in patches and (who remember this now) is still in beta version does not help serious mapmakers at all. The things you have planed today you may find useless tomorrow. Calen have a lot of time of stability to develop VoS. I was working in similar time but my map become useless with v3.5b as well with v4 coming out. The effect of it is that we have a lot of maps coming out but they all (as good they are) are made very quickly. This mean that it is almost impossible to create new VoS with all ideas right as well as nice texture.

Rasorath said:
You can do whatever you want with the map.

Just add a commoner training post for all classes.

I intend to do exacltly opposite. Commoners should be commoners. Working class if you like. They should just work and make money/RP without being involve in wars. So: commoners:everything but no soldiers
Faction: everything but not working class

[/quote]

I intend to do exacltly opposite. Commoners should be commoners. Working class if you like. They should just work and make money/RP without being involve in wars. So: commoners:everything but no soldiers
[/quote]

Yeah i agree with you in this point, i'm always annoyed with those tincan commoners myself  :mrgreen:

NOVICIUS said:
Rasorath said:

Debatable. That limits RPs that involve traveling knights or nobles. Perhaps they don't wish to serve a lord?

Or do you just have CASTLE WORZ in mind?

NOVICIUS said:
Rasorath said:

This is a horrible limitation on players. Without this outlet I could not play a neutral mercenary. An Errant Knight looking for a cause to be championed or people to protect. Or really...anything that the freedom of commoner classes affords. Without these everyone must be in a faction...

Back
Top Bottom