B Tutorial 2D Making armors in banner background color

Users who are viewing this thread

I have some problems making this work.

First, when I create the transparency on the original texture, I try to use an opacity of about 30%, to keep some of the original deep in the texture, but then the original texture shines through and creates some kind of ugly mixture between the two colours. How to I fix this?

Second, there are some things that I don´t understand about this guide: 1. The line: "So, I decided to make some other meshes and corresponding textures/materials that would be more detailed and unique for every colored armor." What is this "other meshes" and how do I create them? 2. The line: "texture should be somewhat similar to specular(if you make the colored area too dark... your bg color will show up too dark in-game)", how do I create this new texture? Can I use the specular in some way to do this? Is there any way to know how dark and how light this new texture are supposed to be, to look good in game?

I've tried allot of things now, but I can´t figure it out. Some help and explanations please!  :neutral:

Can you make a vid log on how to do these things?

I'm just starting and I've viewed the written tutorials, but all that information is so much! I'm a visual learner as well I think.

Does anyone know where to assign the background colours for the Kingdoms banners (Swadia, Nords, etc.)?
I can't seem to find them, and the default back colour for the kingdoms seems to be black.

Back
Top Bottom