Main Thread - 3.0 released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Patch 2 is up. Requires Patch 1.

zg3Bp.jpg

Once again, install it over the base mod folder. Here's a list of stuff that's been changed:

- Sea battles collision bug fixed
- Fixed some scenes
- Various item and troop fixes
- Added "raze city" option
- Town walkers no longer appear if the town has been razed
- Improved rebellion scripts
- Modernisation options implemented for several factions (Khaldim begins modernised)
- Fixed map issue
- Added modern fations to custom battles
- Added a few more menu images
- Added camp menu option to change battle size
- Removed several unused textures
- Diversified bandits
- Improved battlefield AI (infantry no longer stand still while getting shot)
- Lords now ask for around 40-100 soldiers for their campaign, rather than 10-20
- Character no longer related to random lords
- New game-start option to enable/disable modernisation, or allow it from the very start.
- Countless tweaks and bugfixes

jacobhinds said:
Patch 2 is up. Requires Patch 1.

zg3Bp.jpg

Once again, install it over the base mod folder. Here's a list of stuff that's been changed:

- Sea battles collision bug fixed
- Fixed some scenes
- Various item and troop fixes
- Added "raze city" option
- Town walkers no longer appear if the town has been razed
- Improved rebellion scripts
- Modernisation options implemented for several factions (Khaldim begins modernised)
- Fixed map issue
- Added modern fations to custom battles
- Added a few more menu images
- Added camp menu option to change battle size
- Removed several unused textures
- Diversified bandits
- Improved battlefield AI (infantry no longer stand still while getting shot)
- Lords now ask for around 40-100 soldiers for their campaign, rather than 10-20
- Character no longer related to random lords
- New game-start option to enable/disable modernisation, or allow it from the very start.
- Countless tweaks and bugfixes

I love you.

So how does modernisation work in terms of player's kingdom?
Say, if I take a faction's city before they modernize and establish my kingdom - will I be able to modernise my troops? Or will I get modernized troops if I take city of such faction?

Good question, wondering myself.

Along the air ships, will you include more companions for the next patch, or what are your plans?

This is one of those mods where I'm willing to wait longer to savour the entire experience.

EDIT:

Jacob, do you know about this?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-brave-new-world

A mod of similar concept to yours that seems to be using your assets. Even the art looks suspiciously yours.

DoctorPainkiller said:
Is the patch savegame compatible?

Almost 100% sure it isn't. When I'm fixing bugs it's impossible to maintain compatibility.

YourStepDad said:
Jacob, do you know about this?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-brave-new-world

A mod of similar concept to yours that seems to be using your assets. Even the art looks suspiciously yours.

I know cghopk. :smile: The art isn't mine and his concept is quite different, i guess. I can't see any of my own assets in there either.

YourStepDad said:
Good question, wondering myself.

Along the air ships, will you include more companions for the next patch, or what are your plans?

Airships, more companions, some unique scenes and a few story-focussed campaigns are next on the list, as long as patch 2 isn't too buggy. Be warned though -- I'm near the end of university so i might not get time to do a big content-filled patch until summer.

DarkDiamond said:
So how does modernisation work in terms of player's kingdom?
Say, if I take a faction's city before they modernize and establish my kingdom - will I be able to modernise my troops? Or will I get modernized troops if I take city of such faction?

You raise a good point -- i haven't taken into account whether a player faction is able to modernise. If there are more issues to be fixed, I'll give the player the chance to choose which modern army they adopt.
For an idea of what modernisation looks like, go to Khaldim -- you can recruit both mountain nomad and bayonet musketmen.

At the moment, building a manufactory allows you to recruit modernised versions of the settlement's original faction.

Then my apologies for that mistake. His mod sure looks neat though.

Airships, more companions, some unique scenes and a few story-focussed campaigns are next on the list, as long as patch 2 isn't too buggy. Be warned though -- I'm near the end of university so i might not get time to do a big content-filled patch until summer.

Wait, I'm a little confused here. Is patch 3 what you consider the big content filled patch or did you mean content that comes afterwards?

If we're not going to be seeing patch 3 before summer I'm definitely starting my campaign right now.

I face the problem that the capital city of Kaldim is a bit buggy and the guild master/mayor is no where to be found.

Back
Top Bottom