Mailman's modding hypotenuse

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey all! long time lurker (really long time, like back when MB was still in Beta) first time poster.

New
MM653 Music Mod V.1.0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qn0yejtxxyln4xw/MM653%20Music%20mod.7z
Adds 11 new tracks to the game without replacing any of the original NS music.

MM653 Sound mod V.5
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7nik6l0klsr6cm/MM653%2C%20Sounds%20V.5.7z
Needless to say you won't be hearing any British (for the most part), French or German voices!

Updated
MM653 Weapons sound mod V.1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/23oxekb04oant5b/MM653%20NS%20weapon%20sounds%20V.1.7z
Just a few recordings off Youtube, it was for my personal use but here it is for the rest.

Heh heh, thanks.

I've updated the first post with Union Arty, since I can't post links yet, just PM for em!  :cool:

The USMC mod was ready, then I realized that the officer and musican textures are shared with other units, I'll need to make some changes in the .brf file for this. Since this could cause conflicts with the infantry mod I'm working on, what I think I'll do is combine the USMC mod with the infantry mod, maybe I'll have it ready by the weekend.

Looks pretty cool!

If you have no problems with it, we could easily add those files in the new patch, when the quality is good :smile:

Hinkel84 said:
Looks pretty cool!

If you have no problems with it, we could easily add those files in the new patch, when the quality is good :smile:

That would be really cool! I hadn't imagined that my hobby would find it's way into the mod  :mrgreen:

Update: Links are up!

Horse blankets comming soon!  :cool:

Although it will require editing the materials.brf in order to make it so that horse arty spawns its own blanket rather than the cav blanket, then there's the issue that all the general staff use the arty horse and to fix that is beyond my skills so I'll have to wait and see if a future patch fixes it.

For simplicity sake, instead of releasing seperate CSA and USA texture mods, I'm going to place them all into one package, that way I can edit the .brf's without having version mismatches between the two mods.

The CSA is pretty much done, I just have the US left to do. I've also added shoulder ranks to the Marine officer but they look rather ugly, imo.

Quick update, the mod is almost done, it's about 40 MB. I'm currently finishing adding spec maps to most of the units that were missing them, tweaking a few textures here and there. The mod will include some .brf files therefore it won't be compatible with other mods that edit these .brf's, although given the lack of other mod threads in this forum, I don't think this will be a problem.

I might include this as a bonus:
Guidon.jpg

I made it for my regiment way back, I'll just edit out the bear and leave the US on top so that it resembles a generic cav guidon.

Mailman653 said:
I might include this as a bonus:
Guidon.jpg

I made it for my regiment way back, I'll just edit out the bear and leave the US on top so that it resembles a generic cav guidon.

I always wanted to add that and we forgot that everytime! :grin:

You are aware, that the headquarter staff flag will use the same cavalry guidon then? :wink:

USMCFlag.jpg

USMC Flag

Now the issue at hand is that the flag (battle and state) is the generic flag that some other units use, I'm thinking that for now, the way around this is to make both the battle and state flag, US flags, and keep the one US flag and replace the other with the USMC flag.

First post updated with a link to the mod. Comments are welcome.

Update: I just realized that I forgot to remove the sapper axe patch from the engineer, I'll fix it in a future version.

WilliamWCook said:
Hey, I really liked your flag texture, was wondering have you ever considered to make a Confederate Battle Flag texture?

Thanks! Believe it or not, I put that flag together from parts of other flag textures  :lol:

No, I haven't, CSA units have the unusual honor that all the units have their own historical flag, as opposed to some Union units which carry a generic one. Plus I think Hinkel stated somewhere that the reason the flag isn't in the mod is because of the time frame in which the game takes place in, the flag didn't exist yet, or at least wasn't in use yet.

I do have a CS Cav guidon though (minus the black spot); I'll include it in the next release.
CSCavGuidon_zps1cdf001d.jpg

New screenshot in the WiP section. Added Union officer sashe's, also some of the NCO's have sashes. I'm currently working on doing the same for the CSA, most already have em, I'm just adding them to the ones that don't.

Back
Top Bottom