MP Fantasy Magic is Might. [Update: Screenies :D]

Users who are viewing this thread

In fact,the mod dosen't need too much modelling:The Coarse tunic model is perfect for student clothing and Demon Hood is perfect model for Death Eater Hood(If u want the modern one).If you decide the medieval setting,english need a bit retexture of current models,welsh and scotts fit perfectly with Rhodokos and Danelaw with the Nords.

Interesting mod idea, I do hope you succeed!
Are you planning on adding anything besides wizards? The world of Harry Potter is filled with all sorts of magical and mythological creatures, many of them humanoid, which could add more flavor to the mod.

This is a very interesting idea indeed!
Let me just fix some of your mistakes.
OLT_Grandmaster_farferon said:
Here is a list of Spells:

Stupefy: In the series, this stuns the enemies, but here it will do a good amount of damage, 2-3 hits will knock out (kill) the enemy (kisser shot will knock out instantly).

Expelliarmus: Will disarm the enemy (only possible if a make the wand as a weapon, and not the glove model, wich will mean, isntead of 4 spell of choise, only 3)

Protego: This will work as a shield, and will block the spells of the enemy.

Impedimenta: Will slow than, and hurt enemy a tad. (maybe add knock back animation)

Avada Kedavra: Instant kill ( only for death eaters) but can only be used once each life! (maximum 3 if that's the only one you choose, but after 3 shoots you will then be defence less)

Crucio: Will inflict alot of pain through the target, will stun them in pain, plus take health.

Fiendfyre: a last escape, it will kill yourself, and your enemies (or friends) around you.

Competiton: First poster will get a beta key for the closed beta period!

What do you mean with this?
(kisser shot will knock out instantly).

Anyways, good luck. Looking forward to seeing this completed!

ThaneWulfgharn said:
If you follow my advice you can
make 8 factions for the mod for both sp and mp:
Might Factions:
England-England of year 1000 with historical lords
Scotland-Scotland of year 1000 with historical lords
The Danelaw-U know,danelaw of year 1000
The Welsh-The welsh of year 1000
Magic Factions:
House Griffindor-Mages of House griffindor are prominent to fire spells-House near the English
House Slytherin-House Slytherin mages are prominent to dark spells-House in center of all factions
House Hufflepuff-House Hufflepuff mages are prominent to earth/water spells-House near the Welsh and the Scotts
House Ravenclaw-Mages prominent to lightning spells-house near the Danelaw
You can add spells like:
Incendio
Finite Incantatem

Incendio is used to start a fire on an object. I don't know how that would be apropriate for this mod, but if it's really wished i can sure add it.
Now with Finite Incantatem, that's the counter spell for most spells (wich does not already have one off course) So, I'm also not sure where it would fit, when all the spells are short termed. But maybe it would fit more in the RP session... I'll talk more bout that later..  anyways thanks for takeing notice :smile:

John

Incendio:In Magic Mod:Curtain of Fire you have a fireball staff that shoots a fire ray.When the ray touches ground it blasts in a big fire.Just remove ray and fire and make that the target gets burned.To make burning check The Gathering Storm mod and ask perm to mat2rivs.
Finite Incantatem:You can use it to disable Protago,Impedimenta,Incendio and Crusio cast to a friend or disable spells that are being cast(such as shooting as stupify ray and removing it.The Gathering storm had something similiar).

ThaneWulfgharn said:
Incendio:In Magic Mod:Curtain of Fire you have a fireball staff that shoots a fire ray.When the ray touches ground it blasts in a big fire.Just remove ray and fire and make that the target gets burned.To make burning check The Gathering Storm mod and ask perm to mat2rivs.
Finite Incantatem:You can use it to disable Protago,Impedimenta,Incendio and Crusio cast to a friend or disable spells that are being cast(such as shooting as stupify ray and removing it.The Gathering storm had something similiar).

hmm, Yeah.. good idea.. I'll see what i can do mkai? Oh, Crucio is a unforgivable... means no counter spell :grin: But, i know it was an exampel.
Oh and about the period, in the case. I would set MP in the time of the last book. Because I'm makeing an RP gamemod, where i later will hire a staff on hogwarts among my suporters. And others will be students, there will offent be events etc, more info about this later.

In the case of the founding, that would be SP (and not in the first relases) Maybe i'll also add the factions for MP if a server wishes to host battles from this time.

BondBroker said:
Will you add Dementors?

Might be, but not in the start. This mod is mostly for MP, later i will maybe add a SP for it. But in the MP i think maybe later you will be abel to play as a dementor, but i fear they will be underpowerd, because the proces of the kiss will take some time, makeing the player realy easy to get rid of.

Vulgaris said:
Interesting mod idea, I do hope you succeed!
Are you planning on adding anything besides wizards? The world of Harry Potter is filled with all sorts of magical and mythological creatures, many of them humanoid, which could add more flavor to the mod.

Maybee in later releases i will make "beast" faction where you will be abel to play as forinstance Centaurs, trolls, giants etc. But that's not a promisse yet.

Oh, Crucio is a unforgivable... means no counter spell :grin:
Actually...
The thing said in the book, that there is no counter-curse, does not mean that it's unblockable. It means that it can't be undone with a spell (and it was said about Avada Kedavra) - you can't revive the dead.
But, Crucio is prefectly blockable with Protego and cancellable with Finite (Incantatem). Not so sure about Imperio.

And Grandmaster Farferon, please don't triple-post. Nobody likes it. You could've answered all of the questions in one post.

Lumos said:
Oh, Crucio is a unforgivable... means no counter spell :grin:
Actually...
The thing said in the book, that there is no counter-curse, does not mean that it's unblockable. It means that it can't be undone with a spell (and it was said about Avada Kedavra) - you can't revive the dead.
But, Crucio is prefectly blockable with Protego and cancellable with Finite (Incantatem). Not so sure about Imperio.

And Grandmaster Farferon, please don't triple-post. Nobody likes it. You could've answered all of the questions in one post.

The Crucio can be blocked by Protego yes, but Finite can't cancel it, Finte is a counterspell for spells, not curses.

No,Crucio neither,I found on Wikipedia a special form of Protego that blocks only Dark Magic:razz:rotego Horribilis
And,yes Finite stops most spells but not Crucio or any other curse(but you can use it on other spells).
You can also add Sectumsempra and Leviacorpus spells(though created only by Severus,you say it's the seventh book,so,we have to suppose that Severus' spells were taught at Dark Magic classes).Maybe available only to the Dark Side.

Logically,you're right:Finite is supposed to destroy EACH and EVERY spell,but logically.Practically,it dosen't seems to work like that.
P.S.Have you thought of spells for each faction:Here's a list of mine:
Students-Stupify,Expelliarmus,Protego,Impedimenta,Protego Horribilis,Incendio,Finite Incantatem,Glacius(Freezing spell,thought of this from HP3 game)
Death Eaters-Stupify,Fiendfyre,Crucio,Protego,Incendio,Avada Kedavra,Sectumsempra

Roleplay gamemod! (updated 13.06.2011)

Something that i will add to the game is a roleplay gamemod, where i myself will host the official server, where the official RP will be, offcourse people can host theire own private rps, but they will not interfear with the main one.. Also there will be an own battleserver for those who just want to kill and due ll..

The roleplay will be at hogwarts, as a student there you will have to go trough all the years of studies. You will get chosen into a house by an admin which will either just randomize, or do a personality test, and will have to register on a site that's under construction. When that's done, you're officially a hogwarts student.

There will be a teacher staff, put together of myself, my girlfriend which is a huge HP fan, and offcourse you guys!

With this there will be classes, competitions, and i even got a plan to make a version of the loved wizard sport quiditch!

If you're intrested for a teachers position, please PM me and I'll review your application, by searching the job, you will also have to help constructing the mod. (maybe not technical, but with ideas, activity on forum etc etc) 

More info about rules and how the system will work will come later... :smile:

Like a PW Mod but Hogwarts??

OK NOW I'M ****ING INTERESTED

Korgoth said:
Roleplay gamemod! (updated 13.06.2011)

Something that i will add to the game is a roleplay gamemod, where i myself will host the official server, where the official RP will be, offcourse people can host theire own private rps, but they will not interfear with the main one.. Also there will be an own battleserver for those who just want to kill and due ll..

The roleplay will be at hogwarts, as a student there you will have to go trough all the years of studies. You will get chosen into a house by an admin which will either just randomize, or do a personality test, and will have to register on a site that's under construction. When that's done, you're officially a hogwarts student.

There will be a teacher staff, put together of myself, my girlfriend which is a huge HP fan, and offcourse you guys!

With this there will be classes, competitions, and i even got a plan to make a version of the loved wizard sport quiditch!

If you're intrested for a teachers position, please PM me and I'll review your application, by searching the job, you will also have to help constructing the mod. (maybe not technical, but with ideas, activity on forum etc etc) 

More info about rules and how the system will work will come later... :smile:

Like a PW Mod but Hogwarts??

OK NOW I'M ******** INTERESTED

Indeed, damn intrigued.

Back
Top Bottom