made some great helm retextures/painted great helms

Users who are viewing this thread

stefan140

Recruit
Hi all. Just wanted to say I retextured some of the great helms in this wonderful mod for fun. I just wanted to see what they would look like if they were painted/blackend etc. Not a hobby of mine really, but something I occasionally did for total war games and now I thought Id try it here.. Have a look below:
paintedgreathelms.jpg

So I was wondering:
1. whether these are historical (ie the colour of the paint, the way they are painted, the specularity)
2. if could I upload these as a kind of submod, or if you would like to include them in the mod.

I realise I'm not as talented or experienced at retexturing as kuauik, but just thought I might share my work..

Ok will do  :smile: . Just out of curiosity though, what about them is historically inaccurate? I just wanna know because I myself tend to be picky about things like that. I tried to make the colours not too bright, but I really dont know. The sources I found (which may very well be unreliable) say that rich knights often had their helms painted and decorated as early as the late 12th century. How they were painted and what colours? I'm not sure. But seeing as a lot of research has gone into this mod I imagine some of you might know more..

stefan140 said:
Ok will do  :smile: . Just out of curiosity though, what about them is historically inaccurate? I just wanna know because I myself tend to be picky about things like that. I tried to make the colours not too bright, but I really dont know. The sources I found (which may very well be unreliable) say that rich knights often had their helms painted and decorated as early as the late 12th century. How they were painted and what colours? I'm not sure. But seeing as a lot of research has gone into this mod I imagine some of you might know more..

I am not sure myself what would be historically inaccurate about them, I was just saying they might be, but I don't think they are? Hope that makes sense! I will certainly use them, because they add some more options!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: thank you! They certainly could have been easily made during that time period.  :mrgreen:

stevehoos said:
stefan140 said:

I am not sure myself what would be historically inaccurate about them, I was just saying they might be, but I don't think they are? Hope that makes sense! I will certainly use them, because they add some more options!  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: thank you! They certainly could have been easily made during that time period.  :mrgreen:
relieved to hear that. my effort was not in vain :smile:

stevehoos said:
stefan140 said:

They are very nice and I would love to see them added to this GREAT mod. like said before, the more options the better the game.

Cuthalion said:
Just for the record: Stefan, did you open the same thread twice on one day as the forum tells me?
No I opened this thread, asking permission to upload the submod..then I created another for the actual description and download link for it...if thats what you meant.. This thread can be removed if necessary..

Back
Top Bottom