Lordly Gifts

Users who are viewing this thread

I like this idea. You could give gifts to other lords when they are nuetral to show them you have good intentions, and maybe even give your kingdom a valuable alliance. Or maybe present your king with a gift right before you beat the crap out of those noobs in that castle you had your eye on, and he might give it to you! O_O

As for giving the gifts to enemies to become friendly...maaaybe If there has been no hostilities between the player and lord/faction for 15/30 days, you might be able to send him one with a peace proposal. Although it has to be a LORDLY GIFT! If you send him a tattered woolen hat... "Foar-get abowt et"

Lordly gift could be... a BOOK! However maybe the more barbaric faction's lords can't read, so it could offend them? Hehehe

This idea has a lot of potential Destichado! /sign

Ian

Edit: hukd oN fonex werkd fer mee,

revenge killings for lords could work but the if you handed a head over you would be more like an assassin rather than a noble.

Floor Polish said:
revenge killings for lords could work but the if you handed a head over you would be more like an assassin rather than a noble.

Or a General/Vassal handing over the head of an enemy to prove they are dealt with. Assassin pfft.

Lt. of the tower said:
Floor Polish said:

Or a General/Vassal handing over the head of an enemy to prove they are dealt with. Assassin pfft.

Hes actually right. There are several places in history when the head of an enemy was required to show victory, that way they could be sure that he was dead with visual proof. The Japanese where really big on presenting the head of enemy generals. I think it would be cool if you could take peoples heads and hang them on a castle wall for display myself...  :twisted:

Floor Polish said:

I agree, it would kinda clash with the whole 'noble knight' imgae
...that said, I am a Nord and therefore do what I like :grin:

Still

:idea:

I think it would be more suitable if you take the defeated enemy lords banner/flag back to your king

Lord Mur said:
I agree, it would kinda clash with the whole 'noble knight' imgae
...that said, I am a Nord and therefore do what I like :grin:

Still

:idea:

I think it would be more suitable if you take the defeated enemy lords banner/flag back to your king
I'm not sure it would be such a clash, really. Bringing back your enemy's head for your lord to display above his gate is not such an unchivalrous concept, is it? More "unpleasant and unglamorous but necessary for my lord's justice to be enacted properly and with certainty", heh. If you don't bring back a head, how can a lord be certain the fellow is dead?

The banner thing is cool, though. Perhaps you could have a trophies section in the character screen? :idea:

Well, Make this Idea for Companions as well, they're pissing me off b/c after upgrade them w/ all of the good gears. The stupid Companion left me b/c of drop morale, this is very frustrating.  I tried many things to keep them but they keep on leaving.  B/c of the stupid morale thing that make me feel very mad, sad and frustated b/c see a companion leave and can't do crap about it.  I rather not offer any companion than robbing t hem away.  Please allow some option to offer gift or upgrade to make them happy and stay. U know how sad it is to see a friend leave you. Crap this is BS. 

I like that there is now the ability to splash a few thou' denar through the offices of a friendly femme, but how about this:
No matter how bad your relationship with a NON-ENEMY lord is, you can reset it to zero by giving him one of your fiefs.
Let's face it, land was THE thing in those days - land brought money, manpower, horses, resources....
So if you give someone a fief, and your faction is not at war with their faction, that is the biggest gift you can give.  So back to relationship = zero.

If you are at war with them, then instead of having to pay xyz number of denars to be able to change sides, you have to give up a fief, which goes to whoever agrees to 'smooth the way' for you...

Amman de Stazia said:
I like that there is now the ability to splash a few thou' denar through the offices of a friendly femme, but how about this:
No matter how bad your relationship with a NON-ENEMY lord is, you can reset it to zero by giving him one of your fiefs.
Let's face it, land was THE thing in those days - land brought money, manpower, horses, resources....
So if you give someone a fief, and your faction is not at war with their faction, that is the biggest gift you can give.  So back to relationship = zero.

If you are at war with them, then instead of having to pay xyz number of denars to be able to change sides, you have to give up a fief, which goes to whoever agrees to 'smooth the way' for you...

Sounds good, but just make it a really large relationship bonus, instead, so you can suck up to friendly lords too. :razz:

yes, I considered that - but it would make it too profitable.  The idea is that you would only do it if your relationship was shockingly bad, to the extent that having it back at 0 would seem like a good thing.
I guess you could do it, maybe a plus 25 or plus 30 to relationship....

A non-noble killing a noble it's an insult and the greatest of sins that an common folk can do, seconded only to killing the King, or killing God. Of course, this works fine in theory, but in practice, this was very common, but the beneficted lord would recommend caution to the assassin to not link the enemy's lord death with the lord that ordered (or its beneficted by) his death, under the penalty of execution. Training a dog to kill humans will likely make the dog kill you in some time, so lord that contract or order a non-noble to kill a rival lord it's prepared to disposal his peasant vassal at the slightest mystake or act of rebelion.

If you are not a lord and kill one, make sure that it appeared death in battle or an accident not provoked by you, or be extremely cautious to not link the killing with you.

The gifts idea to companions at arms is a very good idea, also the fief thing, but 0 the relation, i sincerily doubt it make a plus 15, or less if he is an enemy.

Likely this way:
Enemy: relation goes up by 5 points, or 25 if you persuade that the gift is sincere.
unfriendly: 10 point, 25 if persuaded of its sincerity
indiferent: 15, 25 if persuaded
friendly: 20 - 25 if persuaded
loyal: 25 - does not nedd to be persuaded.

(love persuade skill, and find it much underused)

Sir Morius - does the '0 relation' refer to my suggestion for giving a fief?

By the way: Why the blurb about commoners killing nobility?  That's not really what this thread is about.

Ammanm just now i swwing your post, sorry !

Yeah, giving a fief is a great present, true, but even when you give to a lord ally (like rebel) you get just pusses in relationship, and an enemy receiving a fief of an enemy he could think three things: His enemy is dumb and coward, but will die nonetheless. He is desperate, so victory is at hand. He whant a truce. Truce (so relationship plusses) will happen only if the renown of that lord is close, equal or lower than the lord that is giving the fief, and will depend of what fief is this, a castle or town is worth much more than a mere vilagge.

About my divine lord peasant gibberich, just trying to justify M&B current non lord killing.

Thats a great idea maby u can give lord gifts and then they can become on you side. Raise your relationship with them more then just giving money when they hate you. I think you guys should make that it would be really great.

Back
Top Bottom