Looks ?

Users who are viewing this thread

ArkadiuszB

Regular
Hey

I was wondering which factions has the best looking units. As far as I can tell the Khergits look pretty awful. On other hand, the Rhodoks look pretty bad ass.

opinions ?

In my opinion in Order:

Swadians
Vaegirs
Rhodoks
Nords
Khergits
Sarranids (<--- you might say this is debatable... but they're just too yellow and boring!)

Vaegir ranks high on most peoples list. They have the coolest heavy armor in the game, the one with small shoulderpads.
Swadians are second for me.

I think the Khergits have one of the best looking armours. The nomad armour looks great, and I have always liked the Khergit guard helmet (with the tassel on top). One faction I don't much like the appearance of is the Nords; the banded armour which huscarls wear isn't very appealing to my eyes. Vaegirs are good; I like the way most of their troop types look. The lower tiers with their leather jerkins or lighter armour wield axes and spears and carry kite shields, and I think this combination of weapons and armour suits them well. I also like heavier infantry which wears a hauberk and carries a pike. I am not keen on the Swadians, though their lower tier troops look better than the higher tiers. With most men at arms riding armoured warhorses and wearing the plain red surcoat over mail, they just look like tanks, very bulky and not stylish. The crossbowmen look better, with their combos of haubergeon or aketon with padded coifs or 'helmet with cap', and I like how the Footmen are kitted out nowadays (think it changed in a patch after release), with the tunic over mail.

Rhodoks I'm not so keen on, nothing about them really inspires me apart from their bascinets with aventail and kettle hats. The padded cloth they have is nice, but many troops have the ragged cloth instead, which not only is less appealing to my eyes but also makes less sense regarding its stats (it is both lighter and more protective than the padded cloth, yet it is a crude layering of clothing which offers asymmetrical cover for the front of the body, and certainly looks heavier).

Sarranids look stylish, certainly the most flamboyantly dressed of the factions, and they have well made armours, from the skirmisher right up to the heavy mameluke armour.

Scully said:
Vaegir ranks high on most peoples list. They have the coolest heavy armor in the game, the one with small shoulderpads.
Swadians are second for me.

Vaegir is one of my favourites too  :grin:

Out of all factions ever?
Arena Troops
Sea-raiders
Nords
Swadia
Rhodoks
Sarranids (those quilted vests and robes are teh sexy)
Vaegirs
Outlaws
Khergits
Looters

If it's just MP, remove the sp-only ones.

Sarranids. Stop spending money on weapons and go beyond the yellow you get some really good looking armor. Mameluke armor being the best (and it's not even the top tier).

fortinbras_martel said:
Sarranids. Stop spending money on weapons and go beyond the yellow you get some really good looking armor. Mameluke armor being the best (and it's not even the top tier).

What's higher tier than Mameluke armour? Mameluke armour is the chainmail with various bits of plate attached, such as the circular breastplate, isn't it?

DanAngleland said:
fortinbras_martel said:

What's higher tier than Mameluke armour? Mameluke armour is the chainmail with various bits of plate attached, such as the circular breastplate, isn't it?

Yes you're correct in the description, but technically Sarranid Elite Armor (which I don't care for at all) has better body protection and cost more.

fortinbras_martel said:
DanAngleland said:
fortinbras_martel said:

Yes you're correct in the description, but technically Sarranid Elite Armor (which I don't care for at all) has better body protection and cost more.

Ah I see, I had forgotten about that one. I agree as well, the Elite armour is not as appealing.

Back
Top Bottom