Line Battle Map Project Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

SeanBeansShako

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Okay guys, lets all be honest here. The novelty of having to suffer the horrors of Warbands slightly broken random map generation has gotten a little stale for all of us at this point, and talking with my regiment and other members of the community I've discovered the most fun line battles wise we've ever had is on the more well made developer maps or the community made ones for the Historical Line Battle events.

This has got me thinking, I've seen at least thirty different siege maps a quite a few ones for other game modes but only a handful of maps so far have been big enough and varied for proper line battle play.

So I've decided to throw this thread up and see what we can do about it, rather than moan about the moonscapes we play on in line battles and wait for another refresh.

I'll start this off, what makes a good line battle map in my opinion:

Cover, both in terrain forms and man made structures.
Size, something big enough so at least 200 players have a bit of space to stretch their legs and manuver themselves.
Stability, memory issue CTDs are the worse.
Balance, making sure each side has to move and position themselves instead of growing roots and camping on the spot.

x59wyv5g2n8l.png

You can have my Monday Historical Linebattle maps if you want.

KArantukki and his maps are a good place to start and out and have a look on what makes a good custom line battle map, then you can go from there :smile:.

I think what makes a good map is a even spawn and stratigic points in the middle of the ma for teams to fight over

Just for everybodies notice
Random Plains =/= Flat surface
It means there will be few trees in the map

I doubt it will be added because hillls add much variation to maps and having small rolling hills would be a desert map with grass almost. Just remove hills after a certain size and allow a quantity of hills to be accepted for a new randomizer. If that doesn't change warband code then do it!

Back
Top Bottom