Let leeds play

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note though, as a captain of a 'Welsh' team, and knowing 70% of last year's team was not even remotely Welsh is a bit of a meme. I knew this, I'm sure the admins knew such information also, so there is absolutely no reason why this 'rule' should be effective.

We signed up as 'BRITAIN' to stop confusion of us all being ENGLISH, to compensate for our NI players. This whole drama makes little sense, Fietta was salty because we left a team we were barely a part of on bad terms, now we want to play for the Nation we're actually from and it's kicking off like some sort of UFC fight.

In conclusion, we just want to represent our REAL Nation.

Let Leeds play.

ZombieJR said:
On a serious note though, as a captain of a 'Welsh' team, and knowing 70% of last year's team was not even remotely Welsh is a bit of a meme. I knew this, I'm sure the admins knew such information also, so there is absolutely no reason why this 'rule' should be effective.

We signed up as 'BRITAIN' to stop confusion of us all being ENGLISH, to compensate for our NI players. This whole drama makes little sense, Fietta was salty because we left a team we were barely a part of on bad terms, now we want to play for the Nation we're actually from and it's kicking off like some sort of UFC fight.

Let Leeds play.

You're typing as if there's no rules. Sean dedicated himself to Ireland, Zazu & Sombie dedicated themselves to Wales. You can represent any tom **** 'n' harry, but the fact they lied to get into Wales to then want to go back, they should be banned mate.

Fietta said:
ZombieJR said:

Let Leeds play.

You're typing as if there's no rules. Sean dedicated himself to Ireland, Zazu & Sombie dedicated themselves to Wales. You can represent any tom **** 'n' harry, but the fact they lied to get into Wales to then want to go back, they should be banned mate.
I'm talking for Zazu and myself, the fact you accepted us knowing that we weren't Welsh is also punishable amirite? Don't try and play me like that.

Even though I said that to Robin. I also said to you openly in ts that I am not at all associated with Wales and never have been. Can you not tell from my voice? Zazu's voice? Leroys voice? Borrs voice? Chaffs voice? It's all a bit of a meme that you think any of these people are in any way Welsh.

E; to your point about myself getting banned for lying. Remember team Iran or whatever it was? Full of players that didn't make their main team. I don't recall those getting banned from further tournaments, except from the one they entered.

ZombieJR said:
Even though I said that to Robin. I also said to you openly in ts that I am not at all associated with Wales and never have been. Can you not tell from my voice? Zazu's voice? Leroys voice? Borrs voice? Chaffs voice? It's all a bit of a meme that you think any of these people are in any way Welsh.

E; to your point about myself getting banned for lying. Remember team Iran or whatever it was? Full of players that didn't make their main team. I don't recall those getting banned from further tournaments, except from the one they entered.

I don't sound like I'm from Wales, yet I've lived here for 17 years. Accent doesn't define where you're from. I could be born in wales but lived in England all my life. That was a poor post. You're not doing well backing up a team mostly of liars.

Funny thing was, Zazu made this thread when all of what he wrote was explained to him but decided to try and make it so everyone looked bad even though he already knew the answers to his questions. You people really are unique. If you don't lie, you can play for your Nation. What's to say you'll be able to play for ANY Nation after your stunt?

Fietta said:
ZombieJR said:

I don't sound like I'm from Wales, yet I've lived here for 17 years. Accent doesn't define where you're from. I could be born in wales but lived in England all my life. That was a poor post.

Indeed it may have been. Your accent does have a Welsh hint to it, though.

Anyway, I deleted you from Steam before leaving to avoid such pointless *****ing, but from what I've seen within the logs with Zazu, you won't stop at anything to get your point across by insulting others and just chatting out of your ass. I'm no longer going to reply to you, only the admins. I'll let them deal with it like Rey said, as I respect him far greater than I respect you at this point. Enjoy your tournament  :party:

E; Yeah I'm planning to play for Iceland with Hrafn, thanks for letting me know! :smile:

So you've seen my logs saying to Zazu how much I've helped him and how we should put everything aside and that I've given all of you an opportunity to improve? Or that id welcome you back with open arms before you declared you were from England? Or did he not show you those ones?

Fietta - “If I cant have them no one can” - pleads to Rey to enforce rules that are not even public yet. Fair dues on the baby rage kiddo.

SeánC said:
Fietta - “If I cant have them no one can” - pleads to Rey to enforce rules that are not even public yet. Fair dues on the baby rage kiddo.

I'm dead rn. You seriously didn't just come our with 'nu rules yet' when it's an NC.  Shouldn't you be making an Irish team? :^)

Is the topic title to allow the Leeds team to play or is it to allow the liars to play? :^)

Let me just point out the clear point. Our team Leeds signed up as British, the countries within UK are England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales. I also want to say we understand that Sean can't play as he is from Ireland. Since Wales is part of the United Kingdom and we signed up as a British team surely we should all be allowed to play apart from Sean? However Sean lives in Northern Ireland which is also part of the United Kingdom allowing him to play.

P.S  Do some Geography

England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland are home Nations and UK in its entirety is a Nation. Wales form their own team, meaning the UK team is essentially England & Scotland & Northern Ireland (NI players had the choice to be in ireland or UK) but in NC2017 were able to keep the name UK as part of tradition. Britain is the Nationality of the UK, the UK is more complex than other nations because of the home Nations. Everyone is considered British but their home Nation is different, since the Welsh team formed, the Nationality would be British but the home Nation would be Wales. They may be British but declared themselves to the Welsh Nation, thus means they can only get British Welsh players.

For the massive debate, go cruise the NC2017 thread as this was solved there, no point bringing something up that was discussed in the previous NC.

e1bfcedfb592e0e9b571ba279ca9c991.png

We strive to deliver competitive, smooth and enjoyable experience to all the teams that will join in and represent their Nation. We're aware there's a lot going on and we're coming straight after the WNL, so we are setting a minimum team count of 12 to ensure it will be a worthwhile and enjoyable competitive experience. There is no limit on the number of teams allowed to participate from each country.

The last a tournament of this type was hosted was back in 2013 and we hope to replicate its success. Indeed, with such time passed, we hope this will prove exciting and fresh for many. The admin team believes that hosting this type of tournament, instead of the traditional Nations Cup, is going to help us to ensure that as many players and nations are involved as possible. We strive to deliver competitive, smooth and enjoyable experience to all the teams that will participating and representing their nation.

Regardless of everything else that has been said...
Let's say that the "Welsh" players can no longer play in any nation-based tournament in the future, provided there is already a UK team existing..

Even if that is going to the case, this tournament has said there are an unlimited number of teams per nation.
So that rule would have to be changed to disallow this "Leeds" team playing.

The Welsh team exists. And the Welsh players from last year aren't taking part in the UK team.

This isn't the nations cup. Rename it if you want it to be. Make there only be one UK team.

Also, would that mean that no players from Wales are allowed to enter any UK teams in the future? Or only ones who previously claimed affiliation to the Welsh team?
Because that makes it more of a sign-up private team club than a nations representatives.

If there are an unlimited number of teams, then the extra Welsh players can take part in a UK team.

I wrote a very interesting 3000 word essay last week as part of my degree at the LSE on the origin and nature of nations if anyone wants a read :smile:

As a man born and raised in Leeds I can say that Leeds is not a nation and Wales also should not qualify as a nation in this tournament :smile:

Good luck anyway fellow Loiners.

Fietta said:
England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland are home Nations and UK in its entirety is a Nation. Wales form their own team, meaning the UK team is essentially England & Scotland & Northern Ireland (NI players had the choice to be in ireland or UK) but in NC2017 were able to keep the name UK as part of tradition. Britain is the Nationality of the UK, the UK is more complex than other nations because of the home Nations. Everyone is considered British but their home Nation is different, since the Welsh team formed, the Nationality would be British but the home Nation would be Wales. They may be British but declared themselves to the Welsh Nation, thus means they can only get British Welsh players.

For the massive debate, go cruise the NC2017 thread as this was solved there, no point bringing something up that was discussed in the previous NC.

In no way does this stop a team from forming using players from the entirety of the United Kingdom and if anything this backs up their argument for making their team. In fact, the name Leeds for their team should be irrelevant, most teams haven't signed up as their nation and you can look at the Rosters and see that for yourself.

e66be4ba7601e043364a7e4c36ca81d8.png

217742cc61a784d36f9e6cd3ddc28016.png

What is the difference exactly? Both are only using players from one nation as per the rules but just have a name of their choice. It's pretty obvious you only don't want them to signup because of personal beef. I posted as a joke before, but after reading all of this there's no way the Leeds team should be denied and I think you've misled Rey as to the actual facts here

The names are labels. You named your team UK, yet contains only players from England. With Wales being separate, there's no such thing as a Wales and UK team as that's basically saying there's a team for Wales but also Wales is represented in the UK team?. The home nations come under the roof of the UK but are all separate home nations, If anything there should be teams for each home nation. Since the rules continue from NC2017 and the acceptance of Wales, I believe that the Leeds team cannot exist.

We all came under the same roof, but I've given Wales their own team just like the rugby's six nations. No one complained about Robins decision after it was done.

Begone fake UK

Fietta said:
You're wrong but too tired to explain today

From what you just said to me on steam I think you lack an understanding as to what a nation is.

Welsh players can play for UK/GB teams as Wales is a constituent part of the United Kingdom, you can't dispute this without stopping people from playing for their own nation. The admins should ignore Robin's similar lack of understanding which led to his decision making in NC2017 which I think everyone other than the "Welsh" team agreed was wrong.

The admins have been misled by Fietta's irrational desire to lead a Welsh team and I don't see how stopping players from the UK playing for a UK team is justifiable or fair.

Gibby Jr said:
Fietta said:

From what you just said to me on steam I think you lack an understanding as to what a nation is.

Welsh players can play for UK/GB teams as Wales is a constituent part of the United Kingdom, you can't dispute this without stopping people from playing for their own nation. The admins should ignore Robin's similar lack of understanding which led to his decision making in NC2017 which I think everyone other than the "Welsh" team agreed was wrong.

The admins have been misled by Fietta's irrational desire to lead a Welsh team and I don't see how stopping players from the UK playing for a UK team is justifiable or fair.

Hey I replied.

Gibby Jr said:
Fietta said:

Yea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom