[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!  They're actually more powerful outside of Pendor.  I recall they were going to be the main enemy in PoP 4 (set outside of Pendor).  I'll see if I can dig up the lore article dealing with them.

minimumdifficulty said:
Yes!  They're actually more powerful outside of Pendor.  I recall they were going to be the main enemy in PoP 4 (set outside of Pendor).  I'll see if I can dig up the lore article dealing with them.
Is PoP4 something planned for release?

Interesting, Im also curious of their culture and how they manage their empire, dayum, I even think of some quick battle mount and blade style where you are a champion of the snake cult.

Anyone knows how to change the siege maps to those with multiple ladders that other mods have?
I need them badly I'm playing on 1000 Battle Size and sieges take forever without them.

Thanks guys, I tried to force him. But it didn't work. It worked however when I surrendered to some bandits, lost my marshall status. But I scum-save, because I was just ahead scouting the area haha... :lol:

Anyways, Empire is getting killed. What happens, if they only got one city left, and I do their claimant quest? What benefits will bring that? I read on wiki on warband and pop, but I can't see why I should do it :O Moreover, will my towns turn into rebel towns? I'm Dshar vassel, but maybe I want to do Empire Claimant quest. 

Once you own your own kingdom, does it matter if you grant towns or either castles to Sir Alyster? I think of granting the lords with special units the biggest towns + some fiefs.

I see enemy AI  to besiege castles with maybe 30 units lol, but the castles I just conquered are empty, so it is annoying for me to travel back and forward to recapture those shizzzle. There is no commando to ask a Dshar to besiege one castle? I mean with 60 or 90 men, they should be able to conquer those pity 30 men recaptured castles right?

What do the status of enemy of Lords do? I see friends and enemies, I try not to make enemies. But those bad lords will give you -15 reputation, if you set them free and if you meet them again! LOL. What else? Capture them? That will eventually result in a big loss too?

Cheers!

Each companion/lord gets an extra 100 troop count (maybe 150) if you give him a castle.

You can tell your men that there is a castle that can be easily taken and they will go and besiege it.

Enemy lords will engage you a lot, they will also cause trouble in the kingdom if you're in the same kingdom with them.

How do you effectively deal with the green horde?  In my game the map is almost split right in the middle between the Empire and the Green Horde.

I'm having trouble with them in the open field where their infantry can soak of tons of bolts/arrows and absolutely slaughter my legionnaires and whatever leftover Ravenstern Kiergaurds I can muster up.

Should I start getting some cavalry to deal with them?

Cav yes, unless you are RPing a lord who doesn't use cav, then you can do it without.  Keep them at range and let your archers go to work, use yourself as bait to keep the key troops turned sideways so their shields won't block your bolts, use your infantry the same way.  Fierds rule Auto-Calc so field battles are where you need to be.  Plus your archers will mow through their berserkers easily.

Honestly Ive forgotten how to fight the fierds, as it's been so long since I have (In my latest game they were wiped out by other kingdoms right before I founded my own)

MrBlitz said:
How do you effectively deal with the green horde?  In my game the map is almost split right in the middle between the Empire and the Green Horde.

I'm having trouble with them in the open field where their infantry can soak of tons of bolts/arrows and absolutely slaughter my legionnaires and whatever leftover Ravenstern Kiergaurds I can muster up.

Should I start getting some cavalry to deal with them?

As Dshar I always fight them, because I find them much easier than others. I fight as archer skirmisher (72 Noldor arrows) and Jatu Honour lance because of its reach (245) and I poke them at mid-high speed. If I don't have much cavalry, I might switch to 2H axe to out higher DPS. My play can be described as skirmisher making use of the dumb AI, and then kill the strong warriors in the midst of the chaos due to strong number of cavalry and a strong bunch of infantry and archers. I only get killed in maps with lots of hills and trees, and usually a projectile, either axe or arrow from armoured crossbowman or gladiator javelin. 

Against Empire: they crossbow units are killing, especially the higher level ones will shoot you for 12 damage, even your body armor is 70. For longer battles around 400, I have to be careful. At times, I had to withdraw because I had no HP anymore - if 5 or more shoot at me, especially the LVL 40 ones, I withdraw so they focus their attention elsewhere and then lance them quickly. Also dangerous are the throwing javelins - at times I'm too greedy, and then get too close and killed.

Against Ravenstein: did not really fight them, so I can't tell them.

Against Fierds: easiest AI to fight imo, because their projectile units are utter weak if you can keep the disance. Their arrow units are slighty better than Dshar, but the Dshar infantry are the mightiest of Pendor. With these tactics I always win  :cool:

First, I always skirmish and thin out all berserkers and all strong infantry units without shield such as armoured axeman or pikeman. Wtih this, your Calvary will dominate if they get a proper charge in wide area (somewhere middle or close to your spawnpoint; DONT FIGHT AT THEIR SPAWN POINT).Second, I also let them throw axes at me, so I'm the only army with throwing knives. At a certain distance the axes will always miss, whereas your arrows will hit them (unlike javelins from Empire!!). It also depends if you go fast or slow. Having thinned out the glass cannons, they are not much of a challenge. Especially, if they are out of throwing axes.

From this point onwards it is either banzai with my own units, some cavalry and archers will help and especially the fast horses as they will knock down their units and let the bladesman finish their work quickly. You as Dshar also have lances which will win against Fierds horses.

Usually, their infantry are stupid, so they will chase me, while their cavalry and archers go charging - they will lose against your Dshar infantry and cavalry, because Dshar cavalry will shoot them till that, or lance them (Dustrider). The Valkyrie suck. Dshar infantry against their archers, and their archers are pretty much dead (bladesman shield is enough and skill wise they will win).

If the infantry charge my army, then I get some losses, but usually I quickly draw their attention, so that my army can kill them in the back before even going melee. If there are no mob of strong infantry, I usually target horses (dehorse them) or strong archers, but Fierd don't have strong archers. What I do recommend is when they reinforce, try to quickly draw their reinforced troops to you, so your army can first finish the 10 men with manpower before going against a new wave!

Against Saleon: same story as Fierd, but I change targets to Horses and pikemen. They don't have killer units, besides their horses.

But I see that you play as Empire. I don't have much experience with Empire, except killing their units, so I do know what their weakness are. Empire is a balanced army with slightly preference to crossbows - these will accurately kill units at a great distance, while being slow as crap. So to utilize these units (have 12 of them is enough to kill the Fierd before they come close!), your first wave of enemies should be lured to your attention. The same tactic I use as Dshar against Fierds.

1) Charge! Go head a head against their Calvary and aim at their horses, and before contact turn to right (arrow shooting side) and lure the Calvary away.

2) Meanwhile, change targets! Shoot the berserkers and amoured axemen down, also pike units if they have any borrowed from other cultures. If possible, get close enough to get their throwing axes at you, but stay at distance and use arrows only.

3) After circle 1 to 3 times. Their ammo are depleted. So then let your army charge. I usually let my Calvary to deal with their horses or few units, before letting my main army charge at their mob. When they are in fire-at-will, then have your enemy face you, so that the javelins can pierce their backs (instead of their shields if they would go head against head!). This can be easily done, by heading into the mob and then turn and go away slowly (only works if their CAL is chasing your army, but if it is not many then it doesn't matter). Your infantry might not be as strong as the Fierd, but they throw javelins to soak them up and the enemy doesn't have any throwing axes anymore, nor killing units like berserkers that can split your roman troops.

Before going to task 4), depending on the battleground, I either a) charge to knock them down and let my troops kill them, b) go walking pace with horse and shoot them in back because they are fighting my troops, c) if I get chased my horses or there are too many arrows flying around my head or maybe a possible lance in my ass I go high speed and then poke them sideways, while turning around in circles to kill other lonely guys. But after doing few kills, a new wave should come! Then go to task 4).

4) If new wave comes and this battle takes place in the centre, immediately quit your doings and go and lure the reinforcement to save time and let your own units kill the first wave and regroup to kill second wave.

5) Repeat 2 and 3. Killing their berserkers are most important and they get killed by 1 arrow. Especially if they run naked lol.

Personally, I don't utilize the Empire horses that much, because they are inferior to those of Fierds. The valk is much stronger than the Empire knight (less or more same equipment, so state wise the woman will win lol), or you have to have the knight of order one (legionnary or something?)? The legionary comes with lance, thus will 80% of the time win against valk (who have axes, shields and throwing axes, but no lance if I'm not mistaken). A lance rider will greatly help in the battles of the 2nd and 3rd wave, because the main mob if drawed to your attention and those strong ones (berserkers) get killed. Leftovers, will either get lanced, shot down your crossbows, or get mobbed by roman sword troops. Oh yeah, immortals will help greatly! But I think if I play Empire, I will utilize gladiators with some shieldbarriers and get a stronger (lancing) horse :smile: And crossbow men! Make use of those, probably one of the most accurate shooter, besides the Ravenstein Ranger (non-noble). 

I always use this tactics as Dshar, but I then use only infantry and ****tons of windriders haha.. usually, I get max 15 wounded/killed, often only a few. Now I have 72 windriders, 44 dustriders and 44 bladesman. I use rangers to help me in arrows.

Let me know if this helps, I cannot image you losing if you use this tactics. Btw, if they use many valkeries, then let them come to you and they will be killed by your shieldway and xbowmen. You can demount and get a halbert, quickly win the first wave. If the mob infantry comes, target naked ones first. THe ones with biggg axes/swords..

--

What AlphaOmega says, he summed it up for me haha

Can someone provide me with more information on this? It is about the wedding and the quest before getting married - when the dad invites you to their wedding. It might be a bug?

I noticed that I was not getting betrothed; that day when the dad invites me never came!  Already 30+ days passed, and I was at war with Fierds, killed them, and then at peace with all kingdoms, and now I am at war with empire where I am the Marshall.

However, If I let me to be captured, I will lose my status as Marshall, but I immediately get a notice to come to wedding! That was not the case if I resign my Marshall status to my ruler. I reload my save 4 times, and at all those times, I immediately can come to wed only if I get captured! Is this a bug? Because I thought the events are random - war/peace and dialogs where you have to pay 10 denars, noldor tournament prices etc.

Question on upgrading my CKO. This is me just theorizing since I haven't gotten far enough to do any of this stuff yet so I'd just like some clarification on whether or not I am correct.

Since replacing an existing equipment upgrade makes it cost only two thirds of the time and money, could you theoretically get a shorter combined upgrade time by first giving your order the equipment with the shortest upgrade time and then replacing it with the longest upgrade time?

I'm around day 300, an Empire vassal, and I own Whitestag Castle and Laria.  I thought I was nearly ready to create the Kingdom of Pendor, but now I'm running out of cash.  I had nearly 250k, and now have nickel and dimed myself down to about 80k, and each week I'm out another ~10k.

I own almost all of the city enterprises, I've got most of my troops garrisoned.  I've got Looting and Trade both around 8 or 9, so I make good cash selling loot.  I haven't been bothering with trading goods lately, as the take does not seem worth it at this stage.

What can I do to get my income up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom