[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, guess i wasnt clear. in original m&b, you could only couch to the lance side of your character. in Warband, you can aim either to the left over your horses head, or the the right.

Oh, i aim to the right of my horse, but then i am going for the enemies flank, which is the far left side of their lines. That and trying to avoid the shield side, might shatter a shield, but still rather dehorse them so they cannot lance and are an easier kill for my troops. Also tend to swing the sword from my right side when i can, seems to get a bit more reach than swinging at a target to the left.

how decrease the garrison of ennemies castles without attack them ? All the castle have between 400 and 600 soldiers in garrison.

Evanok said:
how decrease the garrison of ennemies castles without attack them ? All the castle have between 400 and 600 soldiers in garrison.

That's not possible. Someone (not necessarily you) has to attack it. I'd simply wait for a castle or a town to be conquered by another faction, and then attack it. Garrisons then have 50-200 soldiers.
Also, you can diminish the enemy soldiers in several attacks with your archers before attempting to charge in. Just know that everytime you withdraw from the siegebattle there'll be a honour and renown loss. Still, sometimes it's worth it.

Dorrin said:
...... Also my troops get the kill, so less exp for me.. means i won't level as fast, and enemy(or potential enemy, when i have yet to start my kingdom) lord parties won't grow as fast. Few cases where it wont work, darn netherworld horses and such.

1. So does the strenght of garrisons and other lords armies depends of my character lvl? :O

2. is it possible to import a character to a new game, i cant find any option like this, but i heard that its possible

3. and once upon a time i found here information about tweaking in script companion quitting roll so it is always positive (so i was able to recruit them all), but coundnt find it anymore, could anyone give me a link of where to search :smile:

to # 2 Yes, it is.  When you're looking at your character sheet, hit "statistics" in the bottom left.

Another one from me:

How long of a memory do cows have? Say I "acquire" a herd near windholme, and then go to laria, non stop, at a relatively fast speed, will the cows get there,eventually, or do i need to stop occasionally?

Edit: also, how long will cows stay on the map?

akuthia said:
to # 2 Yes, it is.  When you're looking at your character sheet, hit "statistics" in the bottom left.

Another one from me:

How long of a memory do cows have? Say I "acquire" a herd near windholme, and then go to laria, non stop, at a relatively fast speed, will the cows get there,eventually, or do i need to stop occasionally?

i dont think kyou will lose them.  i usually just spped my way to my destination with them and they follow along.

question from me.  i tohught in 3.41 you were able to recruit honor troops if you had one in your party, it doesn't appear to be so?

Centurion1 said:
question from me.  i tohught in 3.41 you were able to recruit honor troops if you had one in your party, it doesn't appear to be so?

It was being discussed but the decision was made to not allow any troop above lvl 40 to be recruited (regardless of what the player has in his army). The main reason is that it can become too easy if the player gets a bunch of free honor troops.

Thanks for the info about importing character, i will use it next time, i didnt really liked my previous character ;P
As for my other question concerning tweak to make companions stay regardles of their morale i found the answer myself, in the form of an old Tycho's post :smile:

So if anyone else would like to run will full pack of heroes then here i qote his post:

tycho- said:
Orrr just edit the string in the right text file to make it so the persuasion check they do when asking to leave never fails, imo this is way better than the "kill all deserters" option other mods/older versions of this mod have due to it being considerably quicker, and they will bug you *a lot*.  Persuasion has a buttload of purposes besides telling to companions to stop being babies because they are all well fed, rich, and have insane relics that cost as much as small villages, so I don't feel bad about this tweak, plus, I just love having all the companions.  It owns.

It's ok I won't tell you to read the faq or search through archaic threads.

Open up conversation.txt inside your Warband/Modules/POP folder
Find this string of text with search:

dlga_companion_quitting_persuasion:close_window

After you locate this string, look at my example below, this is what my current game uses:

dlga_companion_quitting_persuasion:close_window 4095 282  3 2136 3 1224979098644774912 -2 1 2170 3 1224979098644774913

The numbers you are looking for are the two red ones, I have the first at the initial default value the mod had it at, with the second number modified to make the check never fail, default is 12 or 13, and when you try to persuade them the game rolls from -2 to 12/13 and compares that roll to your persuasion, if your persuasion is equal or lower to the value that the game rolled, you win the check.  I also read somewhere that there is a further debuff of -1 to your persuasion on every check, on top of whatever your roll was, not 100% on that though.  Also remember, we could be running different versions and therefore may have slightly different strings of code, but some common sense is all that's required to find what is needed to modify.  Remember, the default values of the two numbers should be -2 13  or -2 12, pretty easy to spot once you know those two numbers, no other numbers should even be negative in that general area.

and always remember, make back ups!  It takes 2 seconds and saves you 2 hours(or 200, if you lose a save).

Okay my question, anyone know what part of the scripts.txt file i need to edit to make the noble recruits be recruited by 10 per click instead of 1? i have too many available for 1 to be of use (and i greatly increased troopsizes so i need a lot more!)

God i used to know so much about m&b, now i've forgotten everything. but since this is simple questions,i might be a simple person to be asking ! :grin:

Does mount speed affect overland map speed for companion horses?

My question:

You can set your troops as infantry, archers, calvary etc. but if you set them as calvary archers will they behave differently than just charge in like regular calvary?

akuthia said:
Does mount speed affect overland map speed for companion horses?

overland map speed is only affected by being mounted or not (cav moves faster on map, independent of the type and quality of horses), the path finding skill and to a slight amount the number of horses in your inventory (acting as baggage horses carrying your stuff).

Sigil Runestone said:
You can set your troops as infantry, archers, calvary etc. but if you set them as calvary archers will they behave differently than just charge in like regular calvary?

as far as i know the VI (virtual intelligence) only affects the three standard groups infantry, archers and cavalry. the other groups like cav archers, fodder and companions are rather there to give you an idea of the possible tactical depth you can achieve with the different types of troops in pendor.

you can make cav archers behave like those by letting the enemy approach until they are in range. the cav archers will start shooting and most of them will react to the charge command like cav archers should do, as they continue shooting and avoid melee.

akuthia said:

Well, at least for quest related cows (like the ones you can get fromguild leaders in a city to move a herd from one city to the next) you CAN lose them. I failed a quest, apparently, for getting too far ahead of them.

A question concerning the appearance of special spawns (possible spoiler)

So I noticed Oswald de Fleur spawn right after getting a rumor about him from a lord.  Of course that made me talk to lords a LOT more, and some time later the same thing happens for Eyegrim. So, is that the way to go? "Collecting" a certain amount rumors about a spawn to have him appear right away? I always thought you can simply increase the possibility of them spawning through rumors.

every now and then the game checks for spawns. with a certain possibility an army spawns. every minor faction has a certain base probability of getting a major spawn, that is based on the strength of the faction in the case of the jatu, snakeys, mystmountains and heretics (cf. victory progress page) and on the additional probability collected by rumors.

if you hear a rumor about a specific faction (adventure companies --> kierlic, de fleur, the raven, peasants --> alaric, peasant revolt, etc. etc.) this adds to the spawning probability.

Yes, that's what I always thought too. But now I had one spawning literally during my conversation with a lord. So I started talking excessively to lords and have gotten 3 unique spawns that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom