Leather barding?

Users who are viewing this thread

GreenKnight

Recruit
As I recall, the idea of buying barding seperately from the horses themselves was rejected, at least for this game, so I suppose this would be for a distinct class of horse. Basically, I love the charger. Decent speed and maneuverability, but that spirited hunter...it's a joy to ride. If only it didn't get killed so easily, it'd be the ideal horse, especially given that for my primary character, I usually shun all the very heaviest equipment. So, after watching the Rohirrim cavalry charge in Return of the King for the millionth time, I took a look at Theoden's horse, and thought...how about sort of a souped up hunter? Leather barding to give it decent but not excellent protection, with a minimum penalty to speed and maneuverability?

Hmm yeah, why does the hunter have alot more armour than other horses when it's basically wearing its skin? The hunter's armour should be leather barding in my humble opinion.

Well, it doesn't have a LOT more armor than other horses. The spirited hunter I'm riding only has 11 armor, which is only an improvement of 3 points over the heavy steppe horse. If it's wearing visible barding, I'd say it should be considerably higher, maybe midway between that and the warhorse's armor (22). Maybe somewhere around 16-18? Nothing drastic, and it would obviously be more expensive than your average hunter, but I'm just wondering if we could get a viable, if not fantastic heavy combat horse that's more maneuverable than a charger.

Of course (And in no way am I posting this so as to move this topic back to the top of the list in an attempt to force others to fulfill my need for attention.), I have no idea what one would call this hypothetical new breed. What would people feel about giving the hunter a slight armor upgrade, yet keeping its nimbleness, thus providing a solid light war horse? Some might argue that I'm trying to have it both ways, thus making the game easier, but I don't think so, and even if I was, there are certainly ways to balance it out. Make it more expensive, as I suggested (Which I'd prefer.), or perhaps even require a higher riding skill to use one.

Back
Top Bottom