Laws

Users who are viewing this thread

Winterwolf00

Sergeant Knight
I personally loved the Edict system and the ability to enact laws in your realm.
So I wanted to know if we were going to still be able to enact laws.

Speaking of which, apparently Warband gives up to 65% tax inefficiency for holding too many fiefs. However, the domestic policy can add to that.
Currently, having my "usually free" people gives +3% TI, and I sit at about 69%,

Has anyone tried to see what happens if you do a lot of things to decrease TI? Like maxing Centralization (-15%) and Serfdom (-9%). Because going from 65% down to 65-15-9=41% or so is pretty big. It'll take me a LOT of time to move to that, it would be Max Centralization/Serfdom and then make it totally autocratic (so the vassals don't lose or gain relation).

Im curious about that too but it takes way too long to change the policies right now so i usually just hang on to 2-3 fief, but vassals are so bad at managing garrison that im thinking of trying a centralized game when the next beta starts.

Oh and as for laws computica said a few times that he felt the laws needed some working on but he would port them as soon as he felt things were coherent.There's alot on his plate atm so just give it time :smile:

Notsure said:
but vassals are so bad at managing garrison that im thinking of trying a centralized game when the next beta starts.
I gave away all the castles. All the towns make profit though - even after 70% lost in inefficiency and wages, they bring in about 8K. I gave away 2 towns, wish I had kept them, if towns are left alone long enough (ie: backwaters are great) they can grow to have quite a lot of rent.

My Blackthistle has 10K revenue, so that's about 2K of profit (7K lost to inefficiency and 1K wages). Though I messed up a bit and have Recruits (2dn/week) in some places instead of Peasants (1dn/week). If I can get TI from current 69 all the way down to 45 or so, then that would mean holding all the towns and (associated) villages becomes very profitable fairly fast. It is bad at first, as you have a couple good towns and a ton of villages adding to tax inefficiency, but at 9 towns, you will max out the TI anyway, and my kingdom has 8 towns in it (I own 6). And once you hit that limit, then adding all the villages is just good measure.

I don't know if you can give villages to companions then take them back later. If so, that might help. Improvements in villages are much less important than in town, because the AI can burn them down, and a village isn't worth much revenue compared to towns (all relative of course).

As for garrisons, I never give away a castle when I take it. First I say I'll postpone appointing a lord. Then I manage garrison and jam in some of my own troops, namely
- 2 Antarian Honor Guards
- 2 Antarian Guards
- 2 Antarian Nobles
- 2 Antarian Elite Infantry
- 2 Antarian Veteran Infantry
- All the other troops that appeared in the garrison.

This way when more troops appear (under the Lord's command) they will have all the infantry at the top. Then I go back, assign the castle, give myself the village and start them on building a Local Church, collect the first week of rents (because they can be massive, I've seen 8K from a village before, so its a nice bonus) then finally assign it.

Earlier I had 69% Tax Inefficiency (with usually free people). Then I increased serfdom so I have "mix of free and serf". My Tax Inefficiency is still 69%.

Apparently in the Diplomacy forum, someone reports having less TI as king when becoming less centralized. That seemed to be the case for me as well. It's very odd. Is there some option to allow one to cheat and quickly move the slider to check what is happening? Im pretty sure I had the "more decentralized -> less TI for king" happen to me, but having less free people should reduce TI and it doesn't. Very odd.

Back
Top Bottom