Ladies are disappearing

Users who are viewing this thread

dagoph

Recruit
I was playing through a game and I had just finished a rebellion with the Rhodoks when I realized that every lady in the game had disappeared.  I can recall seeing at least one earlier on but I don't remember who or where.  I tried starting a new game and the same thing happened.  They were there, and now they aren't.  (I also started a rebellion on this save, but for the Nords.)  I can ask people to be "considered as a groom" but I can't ask where the specific lady (in this case, all of them) is, they do not show up on the list when asking where someone is.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a way to fix it?

Known issue with rebellions. In many cases the ladies might properly reappear in their associated lord's home (castle or town). If they aren't the lord of any castle or town, the ladies will usually wait until the lord is given a castle or town, or defects again to a new faction. But this isn't always the case for me. Not sure about what really affects it, as I was trying to write some corrective scripts to counter the issue, because I also like doing rebellion stuff but hate the bugs.

Until then, they'll be stuck in limbo. Best fix for a new game, albeit really difficult, is to not recruit any lords into your rebellion for the duration. After you overthrow the old ruler, you immediately absorb them all anyway, and their ladies will all be properly placed.

No idea. I still can't find the part of the scripts that affects it. One lady appeared only after three months, when the lord attended a feast. I don't even remember if it was his castle/feast or he was just attending it. Other ladies never showed up in-game again (likely because I haven't met the requisite conditions). Meanwhile some ladies immediately and properly switch to your new faction after during and also after the rebellion. I noticed this to be true twice for those lords that have a lot of relatives and never so far for lords who only brought a sister to Calradia. Not sure if that affects anything as far as the bug is concerned, but it might be interesting to point out.

Back
Top Bottom